DoDonPachi Resurrection September Tournament

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: DoDonPachi Resurrection September Tournament

Post by ratsoalbion »

Just played this at Arcade Club!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Watch out everyone, the old guard is approaching. Ura 2-ALL No Bomb 1CC incoming. :P
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

ratsoalbion wrote: September 1st, 2019, 1:26 pm Just played this at Arcade Club!
Nice! The Bury one? I didn't see it last time I went, only DOJ, so I'll definitely be heading back in the next few weeks. Exciting stuff.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

ratsoalbion wrote: September 1st, 2019, 1:26 pm Just played this at Arcade Club!
Should have took a photo of your score and entered the compo, haha!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Made it to the lasers with Strong Style. Current score: 1,244,828,287. Joke.

It feels so wrong to mindlessly storm through this game knowing how much I'm ignoring, but that's the best result I can manage at this point. :(

I think I'll follow clippa's advice for the time being and try to get a 1CC with Strong Style so I can have a score to fall back on before switching to Power Style and diving a bit deeper for the remainder of the competition.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I've learned that if you restart, it doesn't save your high score or replay. You have to go back to the title screen and start afresh. Slightly annoying. It puzzled me for the last few days but finally figured it out.

With that context, my best score is 1.6bn but I have zero evidence!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Stanshall wrote: September 1st, 2019, 4:39 pm I've learned that if you restart, it doesn't save your high score or replay.
If you're playing Score Attack mode, you won't have the option to restart, and the game will automatically offer to upload your score and save your replay at the end.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I can't play Score Attack, in fact. My 360 isn't connected to the Internet so it's not an option.

Normal Play is the same game, just without those features, unfortunately. Hope that's OK!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Stanshall wrote: September 1st, 2019, 4:45 pm I can't play Score Attack, in fact. My 360 isn't connected to the Internet so it's not an option.

Normal Play is the same game, just without those features, unfortunately. Hope that's OK!
Oh, really? Is it like grayed out or something?

Yeah, of course Normal Play is ok. Even if you accidentally restart, we'll take your word for it. Try to jot down your exact score if possible at the end, just in case. :)
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Yeah, can't select it, same with Leaderboards and something else.

Anyway, good stuff. I'll take a screenshot now I know when and why it won't save my score. Once I get a few consistent runs going, I'll do some restarting to save replays, etc.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Green, but I think Red is probably the best. I've got my best first couple of splits with red but it's too narrow a shot for me to chain the whole stage at the this point. I need to learn enemy positions better to chain the whole thing.

There's a little rounding up and rounding down to make my point but my scores are very similar. 0.95bn to avg 1.1bn.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Stanshall wrote: September 1st, 2019, 1:54 pm
Nice! The Bury one? I didn't see it last time I went, only DOJ, so I'll definitely be heading back in the next few weeks. Exciting stuff.
Sorry, my mistake - it was DOJ. In Bury, yes.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Well, that's even better! :D

Love that place.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

2,784,511,666 (Strong Style)

Activated the Ura route early on and got a few decent combo chains going. Didn't even grab the 1-UP in Stage 3 like an idiot (!) and died at the very beginning of Stage 5.

Proper combo and Hyper management is definitely the top priority in this game when it comes to scoring, it looks like.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

KSubzero1000 wrote: August 28th, 2019, 9:25 pm Alex79uk: 10,151,985
clippa: 3,941,322,699
hazeredmist: 77,908,037
KSubzero1000: 2,784,511,666
Michiel K:
Stanshall: 1.6XX,XXX,XXX, allegedly
FFS! I've missed a digit off mine!! I just checked, I'm not that bloody bad at it, haha! It was a hundred million and something, not ten million!!
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Great work, you two champs. I'm away for a few days now so won't get back to this til the weekend but interesting contrasts to my own approach here.

Mark's latest podcast covers a lot of the recent ground and topics from this thread, by an astounding coincidence. For the record, he's more of a clippa and his guest is more of a restart syndrome mapper and little chunk grinder. Very interesting!

The Electric Underground, for those unaware and interested.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Alex79uk wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 7:43 pm FFS! I've missed a digit off mine!! I just checked, I'm not that bloody bad at it, haha! It was a hundred million and something, not ten million!!
I thought those commas looked a little odd but I was too shy too ask and just assumed it was a typo. :oops:

I changed it to 101,519,85X. Is that okay?

Stanshall wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 7:43 pm For the record, he's more of a clippa
...Unsubbed. :P
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

KSubzero1000 wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 7:47 pm
Alex79uk wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 7:43 pm FFS! I've missed a digit off mine!! I just checked, I'm not that bloody bad at it, haha! It was a hundred million and something, not ten million!!
I thought those commas looked a little odd but I was too shy too ask and just assumed it was a typo. :oops:
Haha thanks :)
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Bravo getting to the second loop. Damn.

And yeah, lots of weird coincidences with his recent eps. He even did a YT vid on how to properly refine your arcade stick control about a day after I'd been experimenting and testing out different grips, etc. before settling on my original approach which seemed most accurate and least grippy, more tapping and rolling fingers than moving my wrist around holding the ball top. My conclusion was identical to his...

If he's not reading this thread, at very least he's mind reading it.

Right, I'm away for work for a few days. See you this time next week or so.
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Oh, this is well on its way then, eh? I'll start goin at it tonight.