Armed Police Batrider - October Tournament

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
KSubzero1000

Re: Armed Police Batrider - October Tournament

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Nice thread! I love the graphic. :P

Have fun everyone!
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Good work! Right, that's confirmed it. I'm in.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I suppose it's pointless to ask, but there is no freeware version of this game that I could download legally and play directly off the .exe without the need of any further programs à la Kaikan or BWR, is there?
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Yeah, I understand. I think it's one of those grey areas that make sense. Not sure I really want to go down that rabbit hole at the moment, personally. But thanks for the offer, buddy.

Have fun! :)
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

If you want to take a trip over to Arcade Club in Bury, that's another option!
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Well this doesn't feel very good, Ksub. You would be up for playing it but the emulation is stopping you? :(

I understand and won't try to change your mind there, but wish we'd cleared this up fully before choosing this game! I don't want to see you excluded... Clippa is right unfortunately, there seems to be no way to play this other than MAME or similar.

(in other news I just tried Batrider, it looks great fun)
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Real life always comes first :thumbsup:

Our love to the :owl: regardless of the current shmup engagement.

Also good work on the wagon clipps. Not an easy task but sounds like you're doing well.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

hazeredmist wrote: October 5th, 2019, 9:15 pm wish we'd cleared this up fully before choosing this game! I don't want to see you excluded...
I mentioned it in the other thread! I said you guys should take the opportunity to have fun without me, so it's all good. Just sitting this one out. I'm sure we'll find another game for us to all play together at some point again. :)

clippa wrote: October 5th, 2019, 9:23 pm I think owly's busy with some real life shiz at the minute and feels a bit shmupped out regardless, he was probably just gonna have a few shots to see what all the fuss was about.
See, now that the dry season has finally arrived on Planet Weirdo it's clipps processing all the information accurately and staying on top of the situation like an absolute boss. End of an era! What a twist! :lol:
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

KSubzero1000 wrote: October 5th, 2019, 9:34 pm
hazeredmist wrote: October 5th, 2019, 9:15 pm wish we'd cleared this up fully before choosing this game! I don't want to see you excluded...
I mentioned it in the other thread! I said you guys should take the opportunity to have fun without me, so it's all good. Just sitting this one out. I'm sure we'll find another game for us to all play together at some point again. :)

clippa wrote: October 5th, 2019, 9:23 pm I think owly's busy with some real life shiz at the minute and feels a bit shmupped out regardless, he was probably just gonna have a few shots to see what all the fuss was about.
See, now that the dry season has finally arrived on Planet Weirdo it's clipps processing all the information accurately and staying on top of the situation like an absolute boss. End of an era! What a twist! :lol:
Oh god. Yeah, you did. Apologies, my brain isn't working very well today. I literally handed my wife an empty glass earlier when she asked for some water. Consider yourself lucky I just forgot one of your posts when trying to be nice and consider you! I'm only just over a hangover from last night (a rare night out) and have been in the dog house today. I should probably stop trying to communicate with people for a bit. Or drink a beer. Or sleep

Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Had twenty minutes with this and did best with the second ship, the orange helmet girl. 1.58m. Seems like a really fun game. It's got that Garegga thing of bullets being a bit hard to read but it's a bit more fantastical so the colours pop quite a bit more. I see it's got that Psikyo randomised stages thing. Some great bosses, really tough. Enjoying it though. It seems really straightforward so far. Keep grabbing the medals as they get bigger. Miss one and reset the multiplier. Easy enough to understand.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

2.17m using Strawman Type C.

If you select character with different buttons, it gives different shot types! Type C is strong shot and option but slower ship.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Yeah, it's fun, the medal collecting is a very simple system for racking up points. There's obviously loads to it in terms of destructible environment and stuff for bonus points here and there but largely, by keeping the medals going, using bombs to get out of trouble and blowing stuff up, your score goes up meaningfully. That Boredom boss on the Sky High level is a total bastard, by the way.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I like that my score of 2.1m is at stage 4 and your 2.8m is stage 5. Nice linearity to the scoring here at our level.
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

I've got this sitting on my hacked OG Xbox (running in the emulator mish mash of CoinOPS Premium 7), which would be my preferred way of playing and enjoying it, but I bet the emulated clock speed doesn't entirely match up with how you all will be playing it via ShmupMAME. I guess I'll enter, but with that caveat or asterisk next to my score entry.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

No worries, Michiel. I'm running it off a PS Classic through Retroarch, so there's likely to be a range of performance and input lag across all of us.
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

^^^^Cool!
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Just to get something on the board for now. This game seems really fun! It owns me, obviously, but I’ll get better. Just a couple of goes so far
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Not really enjoying this, definitely due to score chasing rather than having credit feed fun and feeling horrifically inferior looking at Clippa & Stanshall's scores. I can easily "no miss" the first stage, then the second stage eats me up. I've tried switching between the combine harvester and an Xbox 360 pad and I'm shite on both. It could also be that I'm just not dedicating enough time, but as it's on PC it's a little less convenient than a handheld in terms of the times I can actually fire it up, so I feel a little hamstrung. Which is my issue, not the tournament's.

Still some time to go, so I hope to fire it up one evening and get some Neo and the Matrix moment or something. We'll see.
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

My scores vary enormously based on who I'm using. I'd recommend either the second ship, the girl with homing missiles or the big black guy with the homing laser out of Raiden. Much easier for survival.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Stanshall wrote: October 6th, 2019, 1:43 pm No worries, Michiel. I'm running it off a PS Classic through Retroarch, so there's likely to be a range of performance and input lag across all of us.
Indeed, I'm playing on Vita. Seems quite nippy but not sure if it's same speed as original arcade or not. Probably? Might give it a go on laptop, too. Certainly be easier on a larger screen I expect.