Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Here's where you can arrange meet-ups and game nights on the platform of your choice.
User avatar
duskvstweak
Member
Posts: 637
Joined: August 23rd, 2017, 4:40 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by duskvstweak » October 9th, 2019, 5:42 pm

Hey, does anyone still play Championship DX/have high scores? It's been my go-to for "I don't want to play anything else" this past few months and I need some high scores to chase!

User avatar
clippa
Member
Posts: 1234
Joined: March 20th, 2019, 4:08 pm

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by clippa » October 9th, 2019, 5:53 pm

I've got that on the 360, it's still plugged in downstairs though it never gets used. I'll see if I can fire it up tomorrow and see what I've got.
Can't remember if I rolled my sleeves up and went for it, so it might not be that much to aim for, but at least it'll be something if nobody else posts.

User avatar
KSubzero1000
Member
Posts: 2822
Joined: August 26th, 2015, 7:56 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by KSubzero1000 » October 9th, 2019, 6:14 pm

That's the one you got on Steam, correct? I've had a few go at it but I'm abysmal at Pac-Man so my scores are nothing to boast about, I'm afraid. But never say never, I suppose! :lol:

User avatar
duskvstweak
Member
Posts: 637
Joined: August 23rd, 2017, 4:40 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by duskvstweak » October 9th, 2019, 7:17 pm

KSubzero1000 wrote:
October 9th, 2019, 6:14 pm
That's the one you got on Steam, correct? I've had a few go at it but I'm abysmal at Pac-Man so my scores are nothing to boast about, I'm afraid. But never say never, I suppose! :lol:
It was basically a dollar! Such a steal!
clippa wrote:
October 9th, 2019, 5:53 pm
I've got that on the 360, it's still plugged in downstairs though it never gets used. I'll see if I can fire it up tomorrow and see what I've got.
Can't remember if I rolled my sleeves up and went for it, so it might not be that much to aim for, but at least it'll be something if nobody else posts.
Plus, turning it back on might awaken the Pac-Man Fever in you!

User avatar
clippa
Member
Posts: 1234
Joined: March 20th, 2019, 4:08 pm

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by clippa » October 9th, 2019, 8:05 pm

It's hooked up to the living room telly and there's always someone here looking at that. It's just for when my nephew comes over really, though he's hijacked the downstairs pc and he's got a ps4 hooked up in there too so he never uses it.
I could sneak it upstairs, I could play all the old cave games I've got on there too, don't really want that big galumphing thing on my desk though, there's not much room left on there.
I'd just get it on steam if I fancied it again but I think I've had my fill of it, I played it a canny bit and couldn't be arsed with the sequel, though someone did gift me pac-man 256 for christmas and that was great fun, it's like a roguelite version of pac-man, an endless constantly scrolling procedurally generated maze, very addictive.
Oh nice, I was storming it on the leaderboards but they got reset in a patch. Obamaaaaa!

I turned the 360 on just there and there was loads of different scoreboards, championship 1, highway, 5 minutes, ten minutes, all sorts, all split into different leaderboards.
Can you narrow it down? It's ages since I played it, I can't remember what the main modes were. Which ones should I take a picture of?

User avatar
ColinAlonso
Member
Posts: 293
Joined: September 6th, 2016, 7:13 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by ColinAlonso » October 9th, 2019, 8:50 pm

While not as good as my PS3 PMCEDX heyday, I did put up a few scores on my Steam copy. I'll send you a friend link so you can see if they're any use to you.

Played a bit tonight after seeing this. WOW I am so rusty.

User avatar
duskvstweak
Member
Posts: 637
Joined: August 23rd, 2017, 4:40 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by duskvstweak » October 9th, 2019, 11:24 pm

clippa wrote:
October 9th, 2019, 8:05 pm
I turned the 360 on just there and there was loads of different scoreboards, championship 1, highway, 5 minutes, ten minutes, all sorts, all split into different leaderboards.
Can you narrow it down? It's ages since I played it, I can't remember what the main modes were. Which ones should I take a picture of?
I'm chasing scores on Championship II - 10 mins, specifically.
ColinAlonso wrote:
October 9th, 2019, 8:50 pm
While not as good as my PS3 PMCEDX heyday, I did put up a few scores on my Steam copy. I'll send you a friend link so you can see if they're any use to you.

Played a bit tonight after seeing this. WOW I am so rusty.
Sent as well!

And yeah, the rust forms fast on that game.

User avatar
duskvstweak
Member
Posts: 637
Joined: August 23rd, 2017, 4:40 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by duskvstweak » October 9th, 2019, 11:24 pm

clippa wrote:
October 9th, 2019, 8:05 pm
I turned the 360 on just there and there was loads of different scoreboards, championship 1, highway, 5 minutes, ten minutes, all sorts, all split into different leaderboards.
Can you narrow it down? It's ages since I played it, I can't remember what the main modes were. Which ones should I take a picture of?
I'm chasing scores on Championship II - 10 mins, specifically.
ColinAlonso wrote:
October 9th, 2019, 8:50 pm
While not as good as my PS3 PMCEDX heyday, I did put up a few scores on my Steam copy. I'll send you a friend link so you can see if they're any use to you.

Played a bit tonight after seeing this. WOW I am so rusty.
Sent as well!

And yeah, the rust forms fast on that game.

User avatar
clippa
Member
Posts: 1234
Joined: March 20th, 2019, 4:08 pm

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by clippa » October 10th, 2019, 9:20 am

Yes, it's a piece of shit telly and I've got a mucky lens. What of it?

Image

Any good?

User avatar
ColinAlonso
Member
Posts: 293
Joined: September 6th, 2016, 7:13 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by ColinAlonso » October 10th, 2019, 5:43 pm

duskvstweak wrote:
October 9th, 2019, 11:24 pm
I'm chasing scores on Championship II - 10 mins, specifically.
I worked through that rust quickly and set a new high score for you to chase. :D Image

User avatar
clippa
Member
Posts: 1234
Joined: March 20th, 2019, 4:08 pm

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by clippa » October 10th, 2019, 6:11 pm

Fucksticks! You've both beaten me already. Get out of my life!

User avatar
duskvstweak
Member
Posts: 637
Joined: August 23rd, 2017, 4:40 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by duskvstweak » October 10th, 2019, 9:16 pm

I wanted to add my own scoreboard, but I can't for the life of me get a picture to post right. Oh, well.

User avatar
clippa
Member
Posts: 1234
Joined: March 20th, 2019, 4:08 pm

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by clippa » October 11th, 2019, 7:25 am

You have to resize it to under 1,000 pixels width or the man won't let you post it directly, you can just link to it though.
I'm not buying this again just so I can school you fools at ghost gobbling.

User avatar
ColinAlonso
Member
Posts: 293
Joined: September 6th, 2016, 7:13 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by ColinAlonso » October 11th, 2019, 7:35 pm

duskvstweak wrote:
October 10th, 2019, 9:16 pm
I wanted to add my own scoreboard, but I can't for the life of me get a picture to post right. Oh, well.
I went into the in game options and turned fullscreen off. Then I resized the screen so the horizontal was less than 1000 pixels, as per clippa (School me! You ain't qualified to teach!). Less than half lenght on a horizontal screen will do. Then I pressed F12 to get a screenshot. I went to screenshots in my steam account and pressed upload on the image. This then gives a web address up on the top of that steam page which you can copy and put between the img boxes when posting an image here.

There are likely easier ways but this might help.

User avatar
duskvstweak
Member
Posts: 637
Joined: August 23rd, 2017, 4:40 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by duskvstweak » October 12th, 2019, 3:14 am

There we go!

Image

These are the scores I have on my Steam! Colin only brought me lower on the board!
I gotta get better!

User avatar
clippa
Member
Posts: 1234
Joined: March 20th, 2019, 4:08 pm

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by clippa » October 12th, 2019, 8:32 am

I'm not happy about any of this.
I'll get it the next time it's on for a quid.
Colin? Make the effort, mate.

User avatar
KSubzero1000
Member
Posts: 2822
Joined: August 26th, 2015, 7:56 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by KSubzero1000 » October 12th, 2019, 8:38 am

Let's do this, then.

User avatar
duskvstweak
Member
Posts: 637
Joined: August 23rd, 2017, 4:40 pm
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by duskvstweak » October 12th, 2019, 3:48 pm

It's on like Donkey Kong (Pac-Man)!

User avatar
KSubzero1000
Member
Posts: 2822
Joined: August 26th, 2015, 7:56 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by KSubzero1000 » October 24th, 2019, 8:25 am

Poured a few hours into this yesterday evening.

I suppose this will not come as a surprise to anybody else, but damn, Pac-Man is an incredibly well-designed game, isn't it? I think it's my first time playing it properly and I can totally see why it's such a classic.

I only managed to break Michiel's record on the 5min mode so far. Can't get anywhere near any of Dusk's records, though! :o

If anybody is playing this on Steam and wants more scores to compare to, feel free to add me.

User avatar
ratsoalbion
Admin
Posts: 7077
Joined: August 28th, 2012, 7:41 am
Location: Brighton, England
Contact:

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by ratsoalbion » October 24th, 2019, 8:30 am

I absolutely love PMCDX, but while it obviously contains many key core elements of the original it is also a very different beast in terms of approach and pattern of play.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests