Your most played game this year

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Your most played game this year

Post by Alex79 »

By hours, mine would be Red Dead Redemption 2 by far. I think I put around 90 odd hours in. I don't tend to play a lot of arcade type games, so most my gameplay times would just be down to longer story games.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

It's a bit difficult for me to know for sure since the PS4 doesn't have any official total playtime tracking feature like other platforms do, which is a shame.

I assume it would have to be DMCV, overall. All those repeated playthroughs and S ranks add up after a while. It was worth it, though!
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I really really wish I knew how much time I'd put into games on the 360. I'll guess:

Mushihimesama Futari - 50 hours
Dodonpachi DaiOuJou - 30 hours
Ketsui, Mushihimesama - 10 hours
Muchi Muchi Pork, DDP DFK, SDOJ - 5 hours

On the Switch, more straightforward:

Fire Emblem Three Houses - 60 hours
Mario Maker 2 - 25 hours
Cuphead - 15 hours
Daemon X Machina - 10 hours

XB1X guesses:

Sekiro - 30 hours
RDR2 - 20 hours
FH4 - 10 hours

PS4:

Netflix - 5 hours
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

clippa wrote: October 20th, 2019, 12:42 pm Is it your favourite game of the year? Who is your favourite spice girl?
Yes it is.

Ginger.

I think Breath Of The Wild would be my second place, by the way (time wise). 60+ hours so far.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

KSubzero1000 wrote: October 20th, 2019, 1:11 pm It's a bit difficult for me to know for sure since the PS4 doesn't have any official total playtime tracking feature like other platforms do, which is a shame.
It's a pain, isn't it. Some saves will show you, but the majority don't. I really miss that feature on PS4. It's just nice to know!
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Almost certainly Overwatch, with probably Elite Dangerous second.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Not sure exactly but its probably a toss up between Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts and Metal Gear Solid V.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Mario Maker 2 I think.

60 hours.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Simonsloth wrote: October 20th, 2019, 4:01 pm Not sure exactly but its probably a toss up between Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts and Metal Gear Solid V.
I’ve just looked through my list of games I’ve played and the list is slightly different.

The official top 5:

Nier automata
Metal Gear Solid V
BK Nuts and Bolts
Prey 2017
Planescape: Torment
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

100+ hours - Civilization VI
48 hours - Valkyria Chronicles
41 hours - Mad Max
27 hours - Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+
23 hours - Chrono Trigger
21 hours - Hollow Knight
17 hours - Shovel Knight
14 hours - Resident Evil 0
10 hours - The Messenger

Civ is hard to judge but I think I put more hours into it this year than last...
ReprobateGamer

Post by ReprobateGamer »

Little disappointed that I can't find a particular place where this is tracked in just one place - I'm having to bounce around between achievement summaries for individual games and sites like TrueAchievements - And some of that is inaccurate if I've been playing the game longer than this year.

However, Division 2, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Destiny 2, Minion Masters and GTA Online are likely my most played this year so far - Division 2 is 60+ hours for sure and I imagine the rest are around the same
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I don't have exact numbers for most stuff, but I've got an idea I suppose.

Most played has to be Forza Horizon 4. In the several hundred hours range I would guess. Still the game I fall back on when I don't feel like anything else, and the ongoing content updates keeps be coming back several times a week.

Splatoon 2 is probably next. I would guess between 100-200 hours. I haven't played it at all in the last few months though, since my Switch Online sub ran out, and content updates stopped as well. I was starting to feel like I'd had my fill by that point anyway, so it was time to move on regardless.

Then there's a bunch of other stuff that's around the 40-60 hours mark I would guess. DMC5, Judgment, and now Astral Chain. Just big games in general, or stuff that lends itself to being replayed. I know I'm around 70 hours on Astral Chain right now, and I would assume DMC5 is around the same time, although AC may have passed it by now.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

143 hrs Out of the Park Baseball 20
133 hrs Field of Glory: Empires
108 hrs Slay the Spire (78 on PC and probably around 30 on PS4).
71 hrs Football, Tactics & Glory
63 hrs Helium Rain
54 hrs American Truck Simulator
53 hrs Battle Brothers
30 hrs State of Decay 2
27 hrs Infinifactory
27 hrs Objects in Space

Boring? You're boring! :x

Satisfactory and Subnautica probably come in at +30 hrs, but I don't have playtime for them on Epic Games Store and PS4.
OOTP counts time left running so it's probably about 15 hours less than that. Most notable about that one is that I have only completed two seasons in all that time.

No real regrets on that list. Possibly I shouldn't have been obsessed about winning/finishing Helium Rain, thus extending the playtime by about 25-30 hours. Wouldn't mind having the American Truck Simulator hours back, all in all.
Beck

Post by Beck »

World of Warcraft Classic - I'm over 120 hours played. WTF!
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

There's probably something I'm missing but most probably it will be Judgement which I clocked nearly 40 hours and didn't finish all the side stuff.

Favourite Spice Girl is Geri. I once (1997ish) gave Mel B's sister my mobile number to give to her sister to give to Geri next time I saw her (true story)
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

DomsBeard wrote: October 21st, 2019, 1:05 pm There's probably something I'm missing but most probably it will be Judgement which I clocked nearly 40 hours and didn't finish all the side stuff.

Favourite Spice Girl is Geri. I once (1997ish) gave Mel B's sister my mobile number to give to her sister to give to Geri next time I saw her (true story)
....and?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

They are married with three kids.
What do you think?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Simonsloth wrote: October 21st, 2019, 2:16 pm
DomsBeard wrote: October 21st, 2019, 1:05 pm There's probably something I'm missing but most probably it will be Judgement which I clocked nearly 40 hours and didn't finish all the side stuff.

....and?
I met a young lady a couple of weeks later in a different club and 21 years later we have been married for 12 years and have two kids. Geri never got the balls to call me so she must be gutted to be married to a Billionaire currently :lol:
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

So Dom is secretly formula one team boss Christian Horner?
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

clippa wrote: October 21st, 2019, 3:10 pm
DomsBeard wrote: October 21st, 2019, 2:50 pmI met a young lady a couple of weeks later
What are you trying to say, like?
I once saw Les Dennis at professor peabody's in Blackpool.

Well, I didn't. I was neck deep in plastic balls with my sister at the time but my mam and dad swear they saw him and it's not really something you'd lie about to make yourself seem more interesting, is it?

Beat that, if you can.
Sunday just gone at a softplay with the boy, a little girl came over to us and proudly told me her daddy played football, he was Jonjo Shelvey. He hurt his leg and was having a lazy day at home. He couldn't even play golf. He travels all the time. He's been to China.

Had a quick Google after and it checks out, he does indeed have a 5-year old daughter. Her mam used to be in S-Club Juniors.

*drops mic*