Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by Alex79 »

Has anyone played Grip? It's the spiritual successor to Rollcage, which I absolutely loved on the PS1. I remember a lot of buzz about it before it came out and it getting middling reviews. Anyone here actually played it? I ask because it's only £8.99 on Switch at the moment.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Alex79uk wrote: January 15th, 2020, 11:11 pm Has anyone played Grip?
I have.

It's mediocre. Decent gamefeel, but underwhelming presentation and track design.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Hmm thanks, I think I'll give it a skip in that case.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

It's on gamepass or at least it was. Might be an idea?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

To The Moon is £8.79 on Switch at launch. Picked it up today
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Cool, I grabbed the Android version for a couple of quid over Xmas. I didn't realise it was coming to Switch or I'd have waited. Any extras with it over the original PC release?
James

Post by James »

Horace (2019) is this week's Epic Store freebie. Available until 23/01/2020, for anyone looking to grab this retro-styled platformer, which looks quite lovely, I think.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

My PS+ lapses in Feb, and I'm genuinely torn between whether to extend it for a year or try a year of PS Now. I can't really afford both, nor do I need them, since you can play any PS Now game online without being a Plus subscriber.

EXCEPT...

I'm currently playing MGS V. There's no way I'll finish it before Feb, and it's tied to my Plus account.

Now, the game is also available on PS Now, and you can load a save from a normal game in to PS Now, but the process is stupid. Why the PS4 can't just find the save on your console I don't know, but you have to upload the save from your 'normal' version to the cloud, then download it and import from within the PS Now app. OK, it's a pain in the ass but at least it's possible.

Except the cloud saves are only available to PS Plus subscribers. So I guess unless you subscribe to Plus AND Now its kind of completely redundant.

If that all sounds convoluted and complicated, that's because it is. It's almost like they want you to subscribe to both.

:roll:

EDIT: Typed all that out and it turns out I'm wrong. What a colossal twat. That's only if you're streaming the PS Now game. If you download it, it's acts as normal. Gah. I guess the easiest way to test it is to subscribe to Now slightly before my Plus runs out...
chase210

Post by chase210 »

I'm pleasantly surprised by PS Now. The streaming isn't great quality, but I was under the impression there wasn't a download catalogue like gamepass has, just 3 games that constantly rotate. And in fact, there is a pretty good catalogue of downloadable PS4 games.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah most of them are downloadable, as well as all the PS2 games.

EDIT: Just subscribed for a year. Looking forward to trying it out!
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

XCOM 2 Collection (XCOM 2, War of the Chosen and some bits and bobs) is 19.99 EUR/15.99 GBP (I think) on PSN at the moment, which is an historic low for PS4.

Tempted.
James

Post by James »

The Bridge is free on Epic Game Store for the next week (until 30th Jan).
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Crimzon Clover - an incredible bullet hell shmup - is obscenely cheap on Steam right now, £1.39! Try it, you might love it :D https://store.steampowered.com/app/2854 ... _IGNITION/
chase210

Post by chase210 »

https://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/switch/ ... t=daisycon

Animal Crossing switch digital for £38.99.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

chase210 wrote: January 27th, 2020, 9:20 am https://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/switch/ ... t=daisycon

Animal Crossing switch digital for £38.99.
I was looking at the physical version earlier because at some point I’m likely to sell it and hopefully get most of my money back. It’s £42.85 with a key-ring on ShopTo.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Mortal Kombat 11 is around the £20 mark on Stadia/PS4/Xbox One which I think is a great price if you've been on the fence. Premium edition is £28 on PS4/Stadia also
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

If anyone was interested in 2D SoulsVania game Blasphemous, it's currently 40% off (so around a tenner) on Switch eShop. I've been waiting for a price drop so here we go.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Alex79uk wrote: January 31st, 2020, 3:38 pm If anyone was interested in 2D SoulsVania game Blasphemous, it's currently 40% off (so around a tenner) on Switch eShop. I've been waiting for a price drop so here we go.
I’ve been doing the same but the demo has put me on the fence! I’ll definitely give it another go though.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ah not tried the demo. I'm fairly confident I'll enjoy it though. Better than average reviews, and I loved Salt & Sanctuary which was another 2D Souls ripoff. Erm, homage.

Speaking of Salt & Sanctuary, I'm surprised that never got much traction on here, it really was excellent. I've finished it twice on Vita and it really did scratch that Souls itch.

I really wanted to hang on to my store credit for the Hollow Knight sequel, but without any even vague release date I couldn't wait for it.