Your favorite game trailers

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
KSubzero1000

Re: Your favorite game trailers

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Gotta say, those are pretty well-made. A shame about the low resolution.
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

That first one is nicely done. That was a short, quick-fire period for Tomb Raider wasn't it - Legend (2006), Anniversary (2007), Underworld (2008).

Never played any of them, although Anniversary as a remake of the original is always something I've meant to check our and not got round to. Can't say the look they came up with for Lara curing that period was particularly appealing though. A bit botoxy.

KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Sinclair Gregstrum wrote: June 18th, 2020, 9:01 am That was a short, quick-fire period for Tomb Raider wasn't it - Legend (2006), Anniversary (2007), Underworld (2008).
Indeed. I bought the 360 collection with all three of those recently, curious to see how I get on with them.

Never was much of a fan of either the PS1-era originals or the reboot trilogy and I often dismissed the L/A/U trilogy by association. Having read some very interesting things about them recently, I figured I might as well try them for myself after all.

Agreed about Lara's design but if the rest of the game is good enough I might be able to look past it. :P
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

Yeah they all got pretty good reviews at the time to be fair, and definitely got the franchise back on track after they drove it into the ground with the likes of Chronicles and Angel of Darkness.

Will be interesting to see where they go with the series next. I played and liked the reboot and Rise, but haven't felt the need to play what looked like more of the same with Shadow.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Shadow is a decent conclusion for her character arc, but it does sag in the middle with a misguided open world bit.

It does end with a setup that suggests... spoiler time...
Spoiler: show
It ends with her receiving a letter from Natla, which was the way the very first tomb raider game started. So they could go into doing that whole story again, or they could be done with it and it’s just a nice nod to say ‘and now the original three games happened’.