Videogame Deals

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Jon Cheetham

Re: Videogame Deals

Post by Jon Cheetham »

If you own The Witcher 3 on PS4 or Xbox, you can get a GOG copy free at the moment:

https://twitter.com/GOGGalaxy/status/12 ... 2891008000

Sadly, no such offer for the Switcher! Hope someone else can take advantage though.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I believe you can even make it work if you only have access to the Game Pass version on XO.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Also on GOG, Classic D&D game Eye Of The Beholder is currently free.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

The trilogy in fact.
rob25X

Post by rob25X »

Injustice: Gods Among Us is currently free to download on Xbox 360/XB1 and PS4.

The Steam version might also be free. When I search for the game on Steam it shows 100% off (free) but then the store page changes it to full price for me. Not sure what's going on.
countstex

Post by countstex »

Any one else playing/sometimes plays Idle Champions, there is a sale on right now on several items. Good chance to pick up some cheap Familiars. Also there is an additional familiar were all the money goes to Red Nose Day (US). Seems to be active on both Steam and XBOX.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

rob25X wrote: June 19th, 2020, 4:10 pm Injustice: Gods Among Us is currently free to download on Xbox 360/XB1 and PS4.

The Steam version might also be free. When I search for the game on Steam it shows 100% off (free) but then the store page changes it to full price for me. Not sure what's going on.
Good shout. Thanks! The Steam version worked alright for me.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I've had Wanderlust on my Switch Wishlist for a while and after playing the demo picked it up at half price for £6.74. As a keen traveller myself and with recent events it is a nice little bit of escapism.
rob25X

Post by rob25X »

stvnorman wrote: June 20th, 2020, 3:07 pm
rob25X wrote: June 19th, 2020, 4:10 pm Injustice: Gods Among Us is currently free to download on Xbox 360/XB1 and PS4.

Good shout. Thanks! The Steam version worked alright for me.
I've played a couple of hours of Injustice now, it's quite a good fighting game but there's a lot to learn to become good at it. It's like a slightly faster Mortal Kombat but with DC characters replacing the MK lineup. Well worth trying out for anyone who likes fighting games.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

The story mode is quite nice for a 1v1 fighting game, too. Along the mutiverse theme with bad versions of the Superheros to account for fighting goodies vs goodies etc from what I remember. Never actually finished it, might have another go.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

DomsBeard wrote: June 10th, 2020, 7:23 pm I've reserved 2 and will put them towards my PS5 fund.
Just got a refund of £9.98 and received neither.
Suits

Post by Suits »

DomsBeard wrote: June 22nd, 2020, 10:40 pm
DomsBeard wrote: June 10th, 2020, 7:23 pm I've reserved 2 and will put them towards my PS5 fund.
Just got a refund of £9.98 and received neither.
Ah, perhaps the gaming God Police looked at your post and said - Not today Pedro !!

:lol:
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Appreciated it is on PS Now but Control for £15.99 is a great deal on PS4 online store.
SludgeWizard

Post by SludgeWizard »

Not sure about outside of the US, but for any American forum members both Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood and Contra Anniversary Collection are $5 a pop on the PS4 store right now.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Infini was released yesterday on Switch but just went free until tomorrow if you own Lydia, EQQO or Soul Searching, which is all the more likely because they were part of a similar offer a while ago.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Great, thanks!

EDIT: Anyone played this? It's mental :lol: Looks like a cross between some old Amiga scene demo and a Jeff Minter game and old flash games. It's an absolute mess, but the game is quite interesting, and the story is batshit crazy, too. It ticks a few boxes, haha.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Alex79uk wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 9:15 pm Anyone played this? It's mental :lol: Looks like a cross between some old Amiga scene demo and a Jeff Minter game and old flash games. It's an absolute mess, but the game is quite interesting, and the story is batshit crazy, too. It ticks a few boxes, haha.
I played the demo a couple of weeks ago but not the proper game yet. But yes, I got that same 16-bit demo disc vibe (but a superior Atari ST one!), and definitely Jeff Minter influences too!

There’s a bunch of cool new free stuff on Twitch Prime, including Dear Esther and Turok 2.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango and Broken Age are all free on the Apple Mac App Store until end of tomorrow, 12th July.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

If anyone still hasn't played Day Of The Tentacle, it's the old Lucasarts adventures at the absolute top of their game. Monkey Island 1 and 2 were special, but DotT is probably my favorite point and click game ever made.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

The older games in the series don't really interest me, but Castlevania Collection on Switch is currently £3.99 on the eShop, which seems a bit of a bargain if you're in to them. A bunch of Team 17 stuff on sale, too.