Games Completed 2020

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
OneCreditBen

Re: Games Completed 2020

Post by OneCreditBen »

Finally got the No Death on GG Aleste.
Loads of fun, and I'm really tempted to have a look at the sequel.
Also Pole on Yie Ar Kung-Fu is where my second loop always dies. He's absolutely nails second time round haha!
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Spoiler: show
3 January: Untitled Goose Game (Xbox One)
13 January: Punch-Out! (NES on Switch)
16 January: Spyro the Dragon (PS4)
19 January: Mega Man X (SNES Classic Mini)
26 January: The Ninja Saviors (Switch)
31 January: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island (SNES on Switch)
3 February: Bulletstorm (PS4)
5 February: Koral (Switch)
7 February: Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES on Switch)
9 February: Super Mario Bros. (NES on Switch)
10 February: Super Cycle (C64 Mini)
16 February: Bioshock (PS4)
18 February: Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (Game Boy Advance)
19 February: Bloodstained - Ritual of the Night (Xbox One)
25 February: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Game Boy Advance)
27 February: Ninja Gaiden Shadow (Game Boy)
29 February: Ghostbusters (C64 Mini)
4 March: Destruction Derby 2 (PlayStation Classic)
14 March: Doom 3 (Switch)
18 March: Anodyne (Switch)
30 March: Agent X (ZX Spectrum)
31 March: Agent X II (ZX Spectrum)
4 April: Death Star Interceptor (ZX Spectrum)
11 April: Doom 64 (Switch)
13 April: Doom (Switch)
26 April: Doom II (Switch)
27 April: Kid Dracula (Game Boy)
30 April: Saboteur 2 - Avenging Angel (Switch)
3 May: TimeSplitters (PS2)
5 May: TimeSplitters 2 (PS2)
6 May: Streets of Rage 4 (Switch)
7 May: Moley Christmas (ZX Spectrum)
14 May: Streets of Rage 2 (Mega Drive Mini)
18 May: Daley Thompson’s Decathlon (ZX Spectrum)
26 May: Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare (Game Boy Colour)
31 May: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (PS4)
12 June: TMNT (Game Boy Advance)
13 June: Call of Duty WWII (PS4)
14 June: American Election (Mac)
14 June: Wampus (NES)
16 June: I’m Bored, Let’s Explore (Ruins) (Mac)
16 June: Masks (Mac)
18 June: Intrepid (Mac)
23 June: In Other Waters (Switch)
26 June: Rik the Roadie (ZX Spectrum)
28 June: Milk Race (ZX Spectrum)
30 June: Akumajo Dracula / Super Castlevania IV (Switch)
12 July: Manic Miner 2020 - Special Edition (ZX Spectrum)
13 July: Super Mario Bros. COVID-19 Edition (ZX Spectrum)
13 July: Monument Valley 2 (iPad)
18 July: Erica (PS4)
19 July: The Room 2 (iPad)
20 July: Silent Hill (PlayStation Classic)
28 July: Ghostbusters The Video Game Remastered (PS4)
8 August: Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2 (PS4)
14 August: Carrion (Xbox)
24 August: Winter Games (ZX Spectrum)
25 August: Winter Games (C64 Mini)
27 August: Star Wars Episode 1 Racer (Switch)
3 September: Silent Hill 2 (PS2)
5 September: Super Mario All Stars - Super Mario Bros. (SNES on Switch)
8 September: Donkey Kong Country (SNES on Switch)
13 September: Bayonetta (PS4)
20 September: Duke Nukem 3D - 20th Anniversary Worl Tour (Switch)
26 September: Vanquish (PS4)
3 October: Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
9 October: Bloodstained - Curse of the Moon 2 (Switch)
17 October: Powerdrift (Arcade on 3DS)
20 October: Out Run (Game Gear)
25 October: Road Rash Jailbreak (Game Boy Advance)
27 October: The Ninja Kids (Arcade on PS2)
28 October: Star Wars Squadrons (PS4)
31 October: Out Run (3DS)
8 November: Super Mario Sunshine (GameCube)
8 November: The Chaos Engine (SNES)
19 November: Secret of Mana (SNES Classic Mini)
23 November: Friday the 13th (C64 Mini)
24 November: Splatterhouse (PC-Engine Mini)
25 November: Friday the 13th (ZX Spectrum)
26 November: Rupert and the Ice Castle (ZX Spectrum)

Mario Sunshine tops the list this month. Now I can allow myself to play the new 3D All Stars version! Enjoyed Secret of Mana far more than expected and Splatterhouse as much as I hoped. Chaos Engine was fun if a bit repetitive, but it’s always nice to finish a game within 30 years of buying it! Otherwise, some crap and not so crap 8-bit stuff for my blog!
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

Sinclair Gregstrum wrote: November 23rd, 2020, 4:34 pm Jan - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (XOX)
Feb - The Last Of Us - Left Behind (PS4 Pro)
Feb - God Of War (PS4 Pro)
Mar - The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening (Switch)
Apr - Panzer Dragoon (Switch)
Apr - Twin Breaker: A Sacred Symbols Adventure (Vita)
Apr - Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus (XOX)
Apr - Moss (PSVR)
Jun - Shenmue 3 (PS4 Pro)
Aug - The Last Of Us: Part II (PS4 Pro)
Aug - Streets Of Rage 4 (XOX)
Aug - Valkyria Chronicles (Switch)
Sep - Bayonetta 2 (Switch)
Sep - Ori & the Blind Forest (XOX)
Oct - Ratchet & Clank (2016 - PS4 Pro)
Nov - The Story of Thor (Mega Drive via Switch)
Nov - Astro's Playroom (PS5)

My first completion of the new generation, and a Platinum no less (which says a lot as I usually couldn't care less about trophies)!

As everyone else with a PS5 has already said - this is a fantastic little game that doubles as a tech demo for the PS5 (particularly the Dual Sense controller). It is essentially set inside your PS5, and is chock full of nostalgic Playstation references from games to hardware that makes it the perfect launch experience for the new generation Sony console (as someone who doesn't have a huge amount of affinity for the brand, it even got me feeling a bit warm and fuzzy on a few occasions!).

There have been a lot of people clamouring for a full game following Playroom's brilliant but short experience, and I would be interested to see what they'd do. I don't think it's necessarily the slam dunk everyone thinks it is as a bunch of the reasons people have fallen in love with Playroom are circumstantial, and I wonder how a new game would fair without them. It's a new generation, everyone's excited and ready to fall in love, it's the first time people are experiencing the Dual Sense, there's all the aforementioned Playstation fan massaging and so on. A full length Astro game arriving in say 2 years time wouldn't have that halo around it, and while the gameplay is really solid platforming fun, I'm not sure it would blow people away in quite the same way next time round.

That said this itself is a follow-up to the well regarded Astro Bot - Rescue Mission on PSVR, so whatever they do from here there's nothing to suggest it will be anything less that another fun platforming experience, and I'll be there for it!
Sinclair Gregstrum

stvnorman wrote: November 30th, 2020, 8:59 am 25 November: Friday the 13th (ZX Spectrum)
I remember seeing the cassette case for Friday the 13th on Spectrum as a very young kid! Wasn't one my mum was ever going to purchase sadly :roll:

The 'READ THIS FIRST' blurb on the back is brilliant! Did you follow these rules for your play-through??

Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

03/01 - Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)
08/01 - Need for Speed: Carbon
12/01 - Devil May Cry (Normal)
15/01 - Devil May Cry 2 (Normal/Dante)
26/01 - Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
08/02 - Dishonored
18/02 - Deus Ex: The Fall
23/02 - Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (Normal/Dante/Free Style)
26/02 - Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (Normal/Vergil)
28/02 - Horizon Chase Turbo
28/02 - EQQO
02/03 - Yakuza 3 Remastered
03/03 - Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (Hard/Dante/Free Style)
10/03 - Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (Very Hard/Dante/Free Style)
13/03 - Mirror's Edge Catalyst
19/03 - A Short Hike
01/04 - Doom Eternal
02/04 - Lucah: Born of a Dream (NG+, Bad Ending)
14/04 - Yakuza 4 Remastered
17/04 - Fable Anniversary
21/04 - Transistor
01/05 - The Last Guardian
11/05 - Mafia III
15/05 - Mini Ninjas
17/05 - Burnout Paradise Remastered (Elite License)
20/05 - The Gardens Between
25/05 - The Wonderful 101 Remastered (Normal)
27/05 - El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
06/06 - Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death
14/06 - OneShot
16/06 - OneShot (NG+/Solstice)
22/06 - The World Begins With You
27/06 - Titanfall 2
10/07 - Vane
16/07 - What Remains of Edith Finch
27/07 - Braid
28/07 - Shadow Warrior 2
07/08 - Night in the Woods
15/08 - Night in the Woods
23/08 - Yakuza 5 Remastered
26/08 - Devil May Cry 5 (Son of Sparda)
04/09 - Hyper Light Drifter
05/09 - Prey (2017)
08/09 - Night in the Woods
15/09 - Hyper Light Drifter (Alt Drifter)
29/09 - Need for Speed: Underground
30/09 - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (Lord of Shadow)
01/10 - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2: Revelations (Lord of Shadow)
07/10 - Back to Bed
10/10 - Gujian 3
23/10 - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
29/10 - No Straight Roads
01/11 - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
12/11 - Legacy of Kain: Defiance
21/11 - Darksiders III (Apocalyptic/Armageddon 1)
30/11 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Master Quest

When I talked before about replaying old favourites I was thinking primarily about the Zelda games, since the Darksiders games take so much inspiration from them. I haven't actually finished this version of OoT before, so I'm not exactly replaying it, but for that same reason I figured now would be a good time to get it done.

Honestly I'm not really keen on this version. The changes it makes are not particularly interesting or enjoyable, and the way it ups the difficulty feels pretty cheap. It doesn't change the game massively. It only changes the puzzles in dungeons and the location of gold skulltulas. The layout of the dungeons is the same, although the path you make through them is sometimes a little different. The specific changes to the puzzles are not good though. Instead of making them more interesting or stretching the mechanics of the game in new ways, they are simply made to be more obtuse and illogical. Solutions to them are often fiddly and nonsensical. Like hiding switches inside walls or objects so that you can only see a tiny little bit of the model clipping through the geometry, or puzzle mechanics that work in ways that are not communicated at all, or one time when I was required to exit out of a dungeon and travel across the entire game world twice to learn an otherwise optional song so I could use the hookshot on a scarecrow. I ended up having to use a walkthrough more than I would've liked, especially towards the end of the game. But every time I did find out the solution through that method, it never felt like something I could have reasonably put together with what the game gave me. I guess at the very least they did find some use for bombchus this time.

I suppose when it comes to the convoluted history of "Ura Zelda", the version we got with Majora's Mask ended up being the much better choice to release after all. Although that does make me ponder about something else to do with these games. I've never really cared for harder versions of Zelda. I've yet to play any incarnation that felt like it didn't make the experience worse in some way. But with that said, I've been poking around for info about these N64 entries recently, it has come up how Majora's Mask was unpopular for being hard for a Zelda game, and that's a big reason why they nerfed they made such drastic changes in the 3DS remake. While I would agree MM is on the harder side for the series, it still remains one of my favourites. So that bucks the trend about hard Zelda games for me. Although I wouldn't say MM was designed to be like an especially hard bonus challenge like has been added on to other Zeldas.

I do plan on playing MM in my trip back to these games too, but I'm waiting on a mod texture pack to be released that is looking pretty impressive. Also I want to do Skyward Sword as well at some point. But I'm half wanting to hold off on some of these, since I'm suspecting Nintendo might release a 35th anniversary collection for the series next year like they did with Mario, and that might be the best way to go back to some of these games.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Alex79uk wrote: JAN - Titanfall 2 (PS4)
JAN - Pinball FX3: Fish Tales (Switch)
FEB - Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)
FEB - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
FEB - Mafia 3 (PS4)
MAR - Mega Man X (Switch)
MAR - Assassin's Creed III Remastered (Switch)
MAR - Control (PS4)
MAR - Shadow Of The Tomb Raider (PS4)
APR - Yoku's Island Express (100%) (Switch)
APR - WWF Wrestlefest (Arcade on PS Vita)
APR - Holedown (Android)
MAY - South Park: The Stick Of Truth (Switch)
JUN - Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)
JUN - Golf Story (Switch)
JUL - Days Gone (PS4)
JUL - Bayonetta (Switch)
JUL - Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)
JUL - The Gardens Between (Android)
AUG - Hyper Light Drifter (Switch)
AUG - Celeste Classic (PICO-8 on Switch)
AUG - Thimbleweed Park (Android)
AUG - Celeste (Switch)
AUG - Bury Me, My Love (Android)
AUG - NBA 2K20: Career Mode story (Switch)
SEP - Luigi's Mansion 3 (Switch)
OCT - Final Fight (Switch)
OCT - The King Of Dragons (Switch)
OCT - Death Stranding (PS4)
OCT - Sunset Riders (Switch)
NOV - Super Mario Maker 2: Story Mode (Switch)
NOV - Final Fantasy VII (Switch)
NOV - The Last Of Us: Part II (PS4)

Genuinely incredible in so many ways. Literally just finished it now. Looking forward to reading the game thread and will post some thoughts in there. Gameplay-wise, little has changed since the first game, but it's the writing and the storytelling that puts Naughty Dog head and shoulders above all else, in my opinion. A heart-wrenching tour de force, this was just brilliant.
Angry_Kurt

Post by Angry_Kurt »

17. Mark of the Ninja Remastered
One of the most satisfying games I have ever played from a gameplay point of view. I'm not normally one for stealth games as I can sometimes get frustrated with them, the only other bit of stealth I have really enjoyed in another game is the predator sections of the Arkham games. The stealth mechanics in this are spot on in my opinion, I can't think how they could be better. The art style and animations are wonderful too. My only very slight complaint would be that some of the upgrades you can unlock seem to be the same but just with different names, so a bit pointless. Probably breaks into my top 5 Switch games.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Sinclair Gregstrum wrote: November 30th, 2020, 10:57 am I remember seeing the cassette case for Friday the 13th on Spectrum as a very young kid! Wasn't one my mum was ever going to purchase sadly :roll:

The 'READ THIS FIRST' blurb on the back is brilliant! Did you follow these rules for your play-through??
That’s awesome! No way I was allowed that either, even at thirteen, but I did cut the advert out of C&VG and put it on my bedroom wall! My granny definitely wasn’t in the room but I can’t say I followed the rest of the rules - especially that maximum volume one because the sound is even worse than the graphics! I think they needed all the help they could get selling this, hence the gory artwork.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I vaguely remember that the Friday the 13th game was one of the first that got the bbfc involved with game rating in the uk.
Sinclair Gregstrum

Sinclair Gregstrum wrote: November 30th, 2020, 10:31 am Jan - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (XOX)
Feb - The Last Of Us - Left Behind (PS4 Pro)
Feb - God Of War (PS4 Pro)
Mar - The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening (Switch)
Apr - Panzer Dragoon (Switch)
Apr - Twin Breaker: A Sacred Symbols Adventure (Vita)
Apr - Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus (XOX)
Apr - Moss (PSVR)
Jun - Shenmue 3 (PS4 Pro)
Aug - The Last Of Us: Part II (PS4 Pro)
Aug - Streets Of Rage 4 (XOX)
Aug - Valkyria Chronicles (Switch)
Sep - Bayonetta 2 (Switch)
Sep - Ori & the Blind Forest (XOX)
Oct - Ratchet & Clank (2016 - PS4 Pro)
Nov - The Story of Thor (Mega Drive via Switch)
Nov - Astro's Playroom (PS5)
Dec - Dirt 5 (XSX)

Hot on the heels of my first next gen completion, here comes my second - Dirt 5 on Xbox Series X.

I rolled credits on the career mode but there are still lots of other race events and challenges to go back for, so I think I'll be dipping into this one for long while to come. The handling model is very much set up for fun, and it's all about blasting through the mud, water, sand and snow with your back end out and the music blaring. It is perhaps too simple-minded and shallow from some tastes (if you're after anything even approaching a rally sim then look elsewhere), but overall Dirt 5 is a gorgeous arcade racer that is absolutely worth the time of fans of the genre.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Angry_Kurt wrote: December 1st, 2020, 9:25 am 17. Mark of the Ninja Remastered
One of the most satisfying games I have ever played from a gameplay point of view. I'm not normally one for stealth games as I can sometimes get frustrated with them, the only other bit of stealth I have really enjoyed in another game is the predator sections of the Arkham games. The stealth mechanics in this are spot on in my opinion, I can't think how they could be better. The art style and animations are wonderful too. My only very slight complaint would be that some of the upgrades you can unlock seem to be the same but just with different names, so a bit pointless. Probably breaks into my top 5 Switch games.
Love that game and, like you, I'm normally trash at stealth games. But, I think the 2D nature of it allows for so much information on the screen that it's more intuitive than other games in the genre. Plus, like you said, it's just gorgeous to look at, like that latter episodes of the Batman Animated Series. It made it into my favorites, as well. Though, I played the original and haven't dipped back in the Remaster. I have to do that soon!
Sinclair Gregstrum

stvnorman wrote: December 1st, 2020, 10:22 am I can’t say I followed the rest of the rules - especially that maximum volume one because the sound is even worse than the graphics!
I loved my Spectrum, but just the thought of playing any Speccy game at maximum volume gives me a headache! :shock:
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Sinclair Gregstrum wrote: December 2nd, 2020, 9:22 am
stvnorman wrote: December 1st, 2020, 10:22 am I can’t say I followed the rest of the rules - especially that maximum volume one because the sound is even worse than the graphics!
I loved my Spectrum, but just the thought of playing any Speccy game at maximum volume gives me a headache! :shock:
For some reason, the overriding sound I associate with the Speccy was the identical pitter-patter walking feet sound you got in every game. :lol: I can hear it now!
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

03/01 - Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)
08/01 - Need for Speed: Carbon
12/01 - Devil May Cry (Normal)
15/01 - Devil May Cry 2 (Normal/Dante)
26/01 - Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
08/02 - Dishonored
18/02 - Deus Ex: The Fall
23/02 - Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (Normal/Dante/Free Style)
26/02 - Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (Normal/Vergil)
28/02 - Horizon Chase Turbo
28/02 - EQQO
02/03 - Yakuza 3 Remastered
03/03 - Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (Hard/Dante/Free Style)
10/03 - Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (Very Hard/Dante/Free Style)
13/03 - Mirror's Edge Catalyst
19/03 - A Short Hike
01/04 - Doom Eternal
02/04 - Lucah: Born of a Dream (NG+, Bad Ending)
14/04 - Yakuza 4 Remastered
17/04 - Fable Anniversary
21/04 - Transistor
01/05 - The Last Guardian
11/05 - Mafia III
15/05 - Mini Ninjas
17/05 - Burnout Paradise Remastered (Elite License)
20/05 - The Gardens Between
25/05 - The Wonderful 101 Remastered (Normal)
27/05 - El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron
06/06 - Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death
14/06 - OneShot
16/06 - OneShot (NG+/Solstice)
22/06 - The World Begins With You
27/06 - Titanfall 2
10/07 - Vane
16/07 - What Remains of Edith Finch
27/07 - Braid
28/07 - Shadow Warrior 2
07/08 - Night in the Woods
15/08 - Night in the Woods
23/08 - Yakuza 5 Remastered
26/08 - Devil May Cry 5 (Son of Sparda)
04/09 - Hyper Light Drifter
05/09 - Prey (2017)
08/09 - Night in the Woods
15/09 - Hyper Light Drifter (Alt Drifter)
29/09 - Need for Speed: Underground
30/09 - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (Lord of Shadow)
01/10 - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2: Revelations (Lord of Shadow)
07/10 - Back to Bed
10/10 - Gujian 3
23/10 - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
29/10 - No Straight Roads
01/11 - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
12/11 - Legacy of Kain: Defiance
21/11 - Darksiders III (Apocalyptic/Armageddon 1)
30/11 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Master Quest
03/12 - NaissanceE

Very interesting and surreal little puzzle/adventure/thing. I've been aware of this game for a long time, but never got around to trying it out until doing so now on a whim. It's mostly a first-person "walking sim" type thing, but it has a few puzzles every so often as well. Very surreal and abstract, with a strange monochromatic, cubic art style, that feels like some kind of brutalist's fever dream. It has an uncanny resemblance to hypnagogic hallucinations, doing a great job of recreating the sort of visions and emotions those can inspire. If you were a fan of the twisting architecture sequences in Control, this is well worth checking out. Only four hours long, and it's totally free as well. It does have a few niggles though, with a few of the puzzles that are annoyingly fiddly, and how the game doesn't seem to respawn you automatically when you die, meaning you have to manually load a save every time you fail. But otherwise, very cool. If you appreciate Jacob Geller's work, it should be something you can appreciate as well. He has mentioned this game a few times in videos after all.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Ghost Of Tshushima

Incredible, absolutely loved this game and gutted that it is over. Really would love a sequel at some point. Weirdly it reminded me a little of Mass Effect 2 as you spend a lot of the game doing side quests (with a bunch of varying characters who I really cared for) before the final assault. I wonder if there is a punishment for not completing them before. I am going to platinum this on PS5 when I pick it up next year.

Looks stunning, ost is amazing and the story though predictable in places had some touching and heartbreaking moments.

I think in the shadow of FFVIIR and TLOU2 it may not get the awards it deserves even though it has sold fantastically well.
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

Jan 1 - Wonder Boy in Monster World (Sega Mega Drive Mini)
Jan 5 – FTL: Faster Than Light (PC) (Easy)
Jan 21 – God of War (PS4)
Feb 6 – Into The Breach (Switch) (Normal)
Feb 10 – Wargroove: Double Trouble (Switch)
Feb 15 - Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (PS4)
Feb 16 - Ristar (Switch)
Apr 4 - Florence (Android)
Apr 8- Resident Evil 2 (2019) (PS4) (Leon - Standard)
Apr 13 - Spider-Man: Turf Wars DLC (PS4)
Apr 14 - Spider-Man: Silver Lining DLC (PS4)
May 12 - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
May 17- The Gardens Between (Switch)
May 28 - Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)
Jun 14 - Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (PS4)
Jun 15 - WarioWare Gold (3DS)
Jun 16 - A Short Hike (PC)
Jun 17 - Catlateral Damage (PC)
Jun 20 - Horizon: Zero Dawn - The Frozen Wilds (PS4)
Jun 20 - Pokémon Trading Card Game (GBC - PC emulation)
Jul 2 - The World Ends With You Solo Remix (Android)
Jul 11 - Mr. Driller Drill Land (Switch)
Jul 20 - Monument Valley 2 (Android)
Jul 29 - Professor Layton and the Lost Future (3DS - DS Cart)
Aug 6 - FutureGrind (PC)
Aug 9 - Pikuniku (PC)
Aug 14 - Cosmic Star Heroine (Switch)
Aug 30 - Sonic 3 & Knuckles (PC)
Sep 14 - Oxenfree (PC)
Sep 29 - Xenoblade Chronicles (Switch)
Oct 1 - Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (PC)
Oct 10 - Xenoblade Chronicles: Future Connected (Switch)
Nov 29 - Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch) - (Azure Moon path, Hard, Casual)

I was a bit wary of this because I didn't enjoy the other Fire Emblem I played. But Fates has a poor reputation anyway. This was great, I got really into it. Despite the school setting and some silliness on the side, the story is well told with some great moments for Dimitri (that's the blond guy on the box art).

Battles were good strategic fun and I got a grip of FE's leveling and job systems this time around.

Not particularly fond of permadeath without a way of rescuing party members so I started on casual. Turns out there is a rewind mechanic, but since I was on casual I forgot about it for a lot of the game.

Very curious to see what happens with the other houses but the game was quite long so I'll leave it for a while and come back later. I'll have to decide between Normal/Classic, Hard/Classic or Maddening/Casual.
I knew the flame emperor was Empire related before the reveal, I mean come on, red and black colour scheme, emperor but the actual reveal was good.

Having seen the Blue Lions path, a Black Eagles run sounds fascinating. And what are the Claude and the Golden Deer even doing.
Dec 2 - Hades (Switch)
So I've reached the credits after 45 hours. Love most things about the game. The best thing is that I'm never disappointed by a run. If it goes well, I love working through it as efficiently as possible. If its going badly, fighting against the odds and struggling as far as I can is great and sometimes the right boon or mix of boons can turn it around. Loving the fast-paced combat.

Its so damn stylish. Most things look great, or disgusting, or whatever else is appropriate. There's so much good dialogue that even without story beats I'm hearing new things 40 hours in. For a posh eejit, he is Prince of the Underworld after all, Zagreus is a great lead surrounded by a wonderful supporting cast.

Another great Darren Korb soundtrack to boot. Not as good as my favourite of his, Bastion, but still up to his high standards.

Yeah, possible personal game of the year here.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Seeing a lot of love for Hades. I reckon it's pretty much guaranteed to win the TCGS GOTY show this year. The only other contender I'd have thought is TLOU 2, but knowing them they'll go for the underdog.
OneCreditBen

Post by OneCreditBen »

Trying to do Street Fighter 2: The World Warrior on the SNES on Maxiumum Difficulty/No Rounds lost with as many people as possible.

Originally only had Guile but got Ryu done this past week. I'll try Ken next then it gets interesting!
Been playing loads of Street Fighter 2 Variants on the livestreams which has been loads of fun.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

(Jan) Far Cry New Dawn - XB1X.
(Jan) Darksiders 3 - XB1X.
(Feb) Borderlands 3 - XB1X.
(Mar) Remnant: From the Ashes - XB1X.
(Mar) Farming Simulator 17 - XB1X.
(Mar) Tracks-The Train Set Game - XB1X.
(Apr) Vanquish Remastered - XB1X.
(Apr) Deliver Us The Moon - XB1X.
(May) DOOM Eternal - XB1X.
(July) The Last of Us Part 2 - PS4 Pro.
(July) Assassin's Creed Odyssey - PS4 Pro.
(July) Resident Evil 3 Remake - PS4 Pro.
(Sept) Nioh - PS4 Pro.
(Sept) Carrion - XB1X.
(Sept) Man Of Medan -XB1X.
(Sept) Journey to the Savage Planet - XB1X.
(Sept) CoD MW2 Remastered - PS4 Pro.
(Sept) Lara Croft Go - PS Vita.
(Sept) Batman: The Enemy Within - XB1X.
(Sept) Tell Me Why - XB1X.
(Oct) Mafia: Definitive Edition - XB1X.
(Oct) My Friend Pedro - XB1X.
(Nov) Maid of Sker - XB1X.
(Nov) Forza Motorsport 7 - XB1X.
(Dec) Gears of War: Ultimate Edition - Series X.
Hunter30

Post by Hunter30 »

April - Fallout 1 (PC)
April - Telltale's Game of Thrones (PC)
May - The Darkness II (PS3)
June - Orcs Must Die! 2 (PC)
July - Dead Space 3 (PS3)
September - LA Noire: Complete Edition (PS3)
November - Ultimate Epic Battle Simulator (PC)

December - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3)