January 2021

Here's where you can leave us any comments, questions and feedback for our exclusive Patreon feed podcasts
JaySevenZero
Admin

January 2021

Post by JaySevenZero »

Hey folks, here's your monthly podcast for Jan. 2021, in which Leon speaks about what he's been up to since the last one and discusses the feedback we've had over the past four weeks regarding volume 10 and with a few grains of rice chatter too!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/exclusive-for-47015652
JCVanDan

Re: January 2021

Post by JCVanDan »

Hi guys, this is a bit late but I just wanted to say a big thanks for everything you've put out in 2020.

You've been an ever present companion through these strange times, soothing me while I attempt to temper the boredom of not seeing people by doing DIY, going for long runs, and walking the dog. I've actually been one of the lucky people who's been able to continue working during the pandemic, so in truth my life has actually seen quite a big improvement while the world has been going to hell. I've essentially saved 3 hours a day commuting which has meant as well as spending a lot more time with my wife and son, I've been able to spend a lot more time playing games and listening to Cane & Rinse.

So I now have a) plenty of spare time and b) enough money to buy more games than I can play. Never have these 2 things aligned in my life before, and as a result I've ended up going on a big console & game buying spree in the last 12 months, caused in no small part by the enthusiasm your podcast generates.

It started with my purchase of a Dreamcast back in March, thanks to your console special giving me a huge nostalgia shot), along with an Open Source Scan Converter. I had a great month or so playing Shenmue and a bunch of my old DC favs. Then there was the Wii that I picked up (mainly for playing Gamecube games). Later in the year I managed to pick up a PS5 on launch day with Demon's Souls, my first launch day console since the DC in 99. It was a joyous day. Towards Christmas I also picked up a modded PS2 and an NTSC version of Silent Hill 2, and finally a PS3 slim!

Alongside all this I have caught up an a load of brilliant games from the last generation which I had no chance of playing previously, God of War, Spiderman, RE 7, RE 2 Remake, Days Gone, the list goes on.

So thanks very much and keep doing what you're doing.

p.s. my little boy was buzzing when you read out my feedback about me scaring him with the T-Rex on Mario Odyssey, I'm glad you found it funny and didn't call child services
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Thanks JCVD!
We really appreciate feedback like this.
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

Thanks for reading my (in hindsight) overly long comment! Just writing to say that the series that I was referring to was Sonic as Jay was suggesting that the podcast not focus too hard on the series because of its admittedly quite mixed record and it would put listeners off. I completely disagree as even when the series fails, it fails in very interesting ways which makes it a particularly fascinating topic of discussion. But if you are to commit to that in future then I would recommend a long gap between entries especially if you are covering the mid 2000s era of the blue hedgehog. That is a pretty rough period for the little fella.