Dryathlon (for Cancer Research UK)

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
General Aquila

Dryathlon (for Cancer Research UK)

Post by General Aquila »

Guys I don't usually do this but for once this is going to be a big challenge.

I've been trying to get my weight under control for a while, but I've found a way which may kick off proceedings. I've has several relatives all die from varying degrees of cancer (tumours, bowel cancer) and also a friends who is currently going through chemotherapy for ovarian cancer ( I honestly wonder how she does it...)

This made me even more conscious fo my own health and bad eating habits, so for one month I will refrain from alcohol and soft drinks in aid of Cancer Research UK. This will be a challenge for me because as much as i don't drink alcohol, I do love soft drinks a lot plus I've had a fair share of rum and wine over christmas too!

To sponsor, just go my Just Giving page. I'm aiming for round £100, but sponsor whatever you can..even a £1 will make a difference to the cause.

Not good enough? If I fall off the wagon (which I will severely avoid) I have a £15 penalty to pay! So I know what's at stake! So if you're interested, hit the link.

I will be keeping a diary on my Facebook page: it starts at 9am 1st January 2013 GMT.

Thanks for reading http://www.justgiving.com/dryathlete-aquila-edwards
Rich

Re: Dryathlon (for Cancer Research UK)

Post by Rich »

It's great that you're doing this. You'll be surprised how little you miss it.
I gave up drinking a while back due to some medication I was on and I only have a very rare one or two now.

I find Diet Ginger Ale to be a great alternative to beer if it makes it easier for you.
PlexShaw

Re: Dryathlon (for Cancer Research UK)

Post by PlexShaw »

This was only for the whole of January, Rich.