Mobile phone gaming

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: iOS and Android gaming

Post by Alex79 »

Anyone got any recent mobile recommendations? I haven't found a really good one for a while. I thought about getting Dead Cells for Android because its only £7 and I've got a £3 credit voucher as well as the £8 from surveys so it wouldn't cost anything, but I can't imagine it handles well on a touch screen, so really looking for anything recent that's worth playing.
Angry_Kurt

Post by Angry_Kurt »

Any of the Go games, like Hitman Go and Lara Croft Go
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Oh yeah they're cool thanks, played them years ago though. Just wondered if anyone was playing any new stuff :)
Angry_Kurt

Post by Angry_Kurt »

There's Mechorama which I enjoyed recently, it's like Captain Toad. It's free but you pay to get rid of ads iirc, or it might be that the dev asks for a donation at the end of the game.
Then there's Monument Valley 1 and 2
Feirsteax

Post by Feirsteax »

Definitely going to have to check Mechorama out...

Has anyone got any reccomendations for good Picross-like games on Android?
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

Feirsteax wrote: January 26th, 2021, 9:49 pm Has anyone got any reccomendations for good Picross-like games on Android?
Have you tried Konami Pixel Puzzle Collection? It’s great on iOS and virtually free apart from the occasional Konami static advert. Think it’s on Android too!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It is on both, and highly recommended by me also.
ReprobateGamer

Post by ReprobateGamer »

I'm also going to put a shout in for the Picross Luna games - Picross Luna 2 has been on my phone for some time now as my 'need to fill five minutes without internet access' go-to
Feirsteax

Post by Feirsteax »

Thanks all, will definitely give these a go. I had quick scan on play store and there were dozens to choose from, some of which were of dubious quality.

I like the Konami one but I wish there was a one-off "no ads" option like some other games have.

I've downloaded Luna Story II and I like the calm aesthetic of it.

I downloaded one called "Eyes". Bit of a strange name for a game like this... But so far it's absolutely lovely, and feels very similar to Luna Story.

Finally I want to mention Nonogram Galaxy which is a bit more aesthetically basic, but has the option to place memos for where there's half-a-chance a block is coloured but you're not sure yet.
Jon Cheetham

Post by Jon Cheetham »

Speaking of Android gaming I'd like to do, Slay the Spire is finally dropping on Google Play on the 3rd.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Since everyone else seems to be playing it on Gamepass, I just picked up Donut County on Android. Enjoying it so far. Also downloaded Gorogoa again. Finished it before but forgotten most of it and fancied another playthrough. Haven't felt like playing on the TV for ages now.
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

I picked up Gorogoa on Switch recently and was playing it until a few days ago when I just had enough of it. It's definitely more my fault than the games, I like puzzle games a lot but I just can't get my head around how they work in Gorogoa. I gave it a good go but didn't think it was worth me playing any more when I wasn't enjoying myself.
Alex79

Re: Mobile phone gaming

Post by Alex79 »

Anyone got any recommendations for recent mobile games? My phone is running a bit dry for games these days, haven't found a really good one in a while.
Jon Cheetham

Post by Jon Cheetham »

Meteorfall Krumit's Tale. Really fun deck building/ tile swapping roguelike with adventure time style art.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ah ha thanks for the recommendation, I perhaps should have said no card deck building games :lol:

I did try Slay The Spire and really didn't like it. Just not in to them. (Except Gwent, but that's not really the same I guess).

EDIT: Hmm that one you mentioned does look interesting, might actually check it out!
Jon Cheetham

Post by Jon Cheetham »

Hope you like it if you do, it's very different to the Slay the Spire type stuff! More a weird grid puzzle that's all about managing resources.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Hey, putting out my twice yearly call for mobile game recommendations! I've got over £16 burning a hole in my Google Play store credit, all earned via the Google Rewards app (WHICH I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY EVERYONE ON ANDROID ISN'T USING!! :lol:)

Mainly looking for casual mobile fodder rather than ports of console games or anything too involved. Haven't found a new mobile game I've really enjoyed for ages, and keep falling back on old favorites (Human Resource Machine, Snakebird, the Professor Layton games etc).

Anyone want to hit me up with some hot Android titles? They don't necessarily have to be 'new' new. Thaaaaanks!
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

You played all the 'Go' games I assume? Hitman Go, Lara Croft Go and Deus Ex Go?

I also recommend Badlands
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah played the Go games, they're pretty good. I think I played Badlands on Vita years back, you control that little black blob right?
Jon Cheetham

Post by Jon Cheetham »

The first Monster Hunter Stories is on mobile and you can play the first 5-10 hours free to try it out. Really charming little world and characters, although it has a different aesthetic to the sequel. More chibi!