Forza Motorsport / Forza Horizon

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
Scrustle

All things Forza. Horizon 2 Game Night - Sunday 19th, 8pm!

Post by Scrustle »

Here's a video showing the first 20 minutes of the game on the 360 version:

Seems like there's nothing particularly wrong with it. Graphically, I'd say it looks a little worse than the first game, and that it certainly lacks a lot of the fine detail of the XB1 version, but it doesn't look terrible. It's a little hard to tell with the bitrate of that video though. In terms of gameplay, it looks like it's somewhere between FH1 and 2, in that it seems they've tried to make it handle as close to the XB1 version as possible, but doesn't look to have the same small details of that engine. So I suppose it looks like it handles like FH1, but with steering that's as quick as FH2.

EDIT: Here's a more direct comparison of the two different versions:

Not much direct gameplay to compare, but enough to get a rough idea of the differences. In the lighting at least. The image is kind of small too, unfortunately. Interestingly though, it seems that the 360 version actually has significantly less faffing about before you properly get in to the game. It also shows how the backgrounds in cutscenes are a lot blurrier though.
Sean

Re: Forza 4 / Forza Horizon

Post by Sean »

Hope they fix this game by the time you guys get your hands on it. If you're in the preview program, like me, expect frequent system freezes, disappearing roads, broken multiplayer.

Really killing my buzz. :(
Sean

Re: Forza Motorsport / Forza Horizon

Post by Sean »

Good news, it got better! Yay!

Also, I created a FH2 club for Cane and Rinse.

Just search either the name "Cane and Rinse" or the tag CaRi. The obvious tags (CANE/CNR/C&R) were all taken.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Well, I've joined the car club, so now there are two of us in it! Yay!
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Sign me up too! Just got a copy today but nothing to play it on until Halloween (still scratching my head a little at such an unorthodox move but I simply had to after seeing it sold out at two stores).
Beck

Post by Beck »

Ha ha, I did the same with Wind Waker on the GameCube. It was a good six weeks before I finally got a console to play it on. There is only so many times that you can read the manual ha ha
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I'll be there for the game night. I'm not actually working a Sunday for once!
registradus

Post by registradus »

I picked up the 360 version and it's a bit disappointing. I knew it wasn't going to be as good looking as the One version, but I think it actually looks/plays worse than the original... :(
NEILY84

Post by NEILY84 »

looking forward too picking this up friday. hopefully i cant jump on with you guys and show me around.. :P
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Thanks for the games, was a pleasure as usual. Strangely enough I pondered the idea that I might be a bit too aggressive with my approach to games (especially online) a few days back, I found my answer ;)
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Hehe...

Apologies to those who couldn't hear me, I've had Xbox Chat set to friends only for so long now I forgot it was on. (Try playing Titanfall on open channel and you'll know why)

I've reached the point where I have one more road to drive on for the achievement, but I can't see it. Which means it's going to be one tiny stretch of some backwater thing that I'll need to scour the map for hours to find. Which happened to me in the previous game as well. Bah.
steg666

Post by steg666 »

Hi guys, most of my xbox pals have diverted to PS4 (as I did for a while) so I was abit short on friends list and have hopped onto the back of McFluffin being in the C&R car club.

I hope you don't mind.

I'll contribute to the XP as I'm loving the game so far. Really impressed with this game, a good progression from Horizon 1 on 360 (which I love too).
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

The Forza Horizon 2 'Fast and Furious' stand alone game is out now on 360 and XBO. Free until 10th April.

It's basically a playable demo of Horizon 2, but with all new races, challenges and bucket list events. Set on a cut down part of the Horizon 2 map, just the area around Nice, and with a LOT of Fast and Furious movie references.

So, if you're in the mood for more Forza, it's worth picking it up before it goes up to £7.99 on the 10th.

I don't *think* it has any online play though, which is a shame.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

Wow, that's cool. Thanks for the heads up. I've been meaning to get a Horizon game for ages and never got around to it.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Bringing back this old thread to see if anyone would be willing to help me out with something. Does anyone here have Forza Horizon 1 with the Rally DLC installed? I decided to clean up the last achievement I have left for that game, and it's the one for winning a certain number of races in that DLC mode. So I need someone to help me with that one. I'd be willing to return the favour of course.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I completed Forza Horizon 1 myself not so long ago and unfortunately discovered that it was no longer possible to buy the rally dlc.

Hopefully someone on here already owns it.