The in-game photography thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
skidoosh

Re: The in-game photography thread

Post by skidoosh »

Yeah. My next round with the souls games will be with cheat engine on so I can take the camera into free mode. That'll be pretty sweet! I'll finish the scholar tour first though. Thanks for checking them out! Doing some more uncharted ones now right now!
skidoosh

Post by skidoosh »

Gotta love a bit of Guybrush Threepwood in your Uncharted:

Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Every game I've worked on has had a debug only free camera in it. It's an essential debugging aid for showing bad assets, glitches etc... Now consoles have built in share tools it doesn't surprise me that more developers are polishing them up and leaving them in final builds.

I got some great shots of Fable 3 with it, wish I could still find them...
skidoosh

Post by skidoosh »

That's the only big issue I've got with the photo mode in uncharted at the min. For some things I see is be nice if I could free move the camera. I can see why they don't do it mind :D
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Bringing this thread back from the dead to share some recent shots I've been taking. They're not really from games per se, but more simple photography simulators that I've stumbled across on itch.io. There's a handful of them all made by the same developer who goes by the name "caves rd", and each one has a simple nondescript name that just explains where the location you're exploring is. And most of them are free as well.

From "Wakamarina Valley, NZ"

From "Explore Fushimi Ishari"
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

Something about Cloud's face and the doctor's dialogue cracks me up.

Edit - oh for the love of fuck, every time I include the bloody link, it's broken. God damn frustrating.

https://imgur.com/a/Tnef6L3
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

ThirdDrawing wrote: April 28th, 2021, 9:31 pm Something about Cloud's face and the doctor's dialogue cracks me up.

Edit - oh for the love of fuck, every time I include the bloody link, it's broken. God damn frustrating.

Haha! Made me chuckle too.

I thought it was going to be a stunning shot from the remake so made me laugh even more when it caught me off guard.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

ThirdDrawing wrote: April 28th, 2021, 9:31 pm Something about Cloud's face and the doctor's dialogue cracks me up.

You need to copy the link of the image itself, not the link to the page its hosted on (right click and click on "copy image address"), then paste that between proper forum code.

So it would be: [ img ] https://i.imgur.com/rEtE86q.jpeg [ /img ] but without spaces.

Like so:
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

Scrustle wrote: April 28th, 2021, 11:21 pm
You need to copy the link of the image itself, not the link to the page its hosted on (right click and click on "copy image address"), then paste that between proper forum code.

Thanks, appreciate the clarification.
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

Giving this a test to see if I've done it properly....

Edit - Oh for FUCKS sake. I give up. I literally have NO idea what I'm doing wrong. Literally did it exactly the way I was showed.

Bloody fucking hell that's frustrating.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

ThirdDrawing wrote: May 2nd, 2021, 10:40 am Giving this a test to see if I've done it properly....

Edit - Oh for FUCKS sake. I give up. I literally have NO idea what I'm doing wrong. Literally did it exactly the way I was showed.

Bloody fucking hell that's frustrating.
I'm not sure exactly what you did there, but that's still the incorrect link for the image. Granted, sometimes it can be hard to find what you're looking for when sites give you multiple different links for the same image, and it's not clear which is the right one.

What you have pasted there is: https://imgur.com/a/PvoxCY2
That still links to the imgur page rather than the image itself.

The actual image URL is: https://i.imgur.com/8dMFU4S.jpeg

You can check if it's the right one by pasting whatever link you have in to a new tab. If you got the right one, it'll just show a page with the image and nothing else on it. Your first link there still has the imgur site UI around it. You can also check if it works on the forums by previewing your post before fully submitted it.
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

So here's the thing. I *cannot* find the link you are talking about.

I went so far as to make an account for imgur, thinking it would give me the image url.

The link to the imgur page is literally the only link I can find. Every other one lets me post to facebook, twitter etc.

That is, literally, the only link available and provided to me.

I can't find it, I don't know where to look. So, I give up. I'm done posting pictures. I have to post the images to twitter, then download them, then covert the format because imgur doesn't like the format from twitter for some reason, then I try to post here and it won't accept my link. Far, far, far too frustrating for something that should be incredibly simple. What a bunch of wank. (Not you, Scrustle, I mean the process - I appreciate your responses)
HaloFandango

Post by HaloFandango »

Scrustle wrote: March 30th, 2021, 9:37 pm Bringing this thread back from the dead to share some recent shots I've been taking. They're not really from games per se, but more simple photography simulators that I've stumbled across on itch.io. There's a handful of them all made by the same developer who goes by the name "caves rd", and each one has a simple nondescript name that just explains where the location you're exploring is. And most of them are free as well.

From "Wakamarina Valley, NZ"

From "Explore Fushimi Ishari"
That looks incredible! Almost like the real thing! Nice one!
HaloFandango

Post by HaloFandango »

All photos captured in 4K from my Xbox One X.

Titanfall 2 is such a beautiful game, let alone a really fun game to play!
Jon Cheetham

Post by Jon Cheetham »

Great shots. Titanfall 2 really remains one of the best looking and best designed first person games I've ever come across.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

As I've been playing through FF15 again, it dawned on me that for a game where photography is such a major factor, I never bothered to actually share the photos I had collected before. I've been snapping loads more this run as well, and according to my images folder, I've got around 400 so far. It's a great feature. What I've got here is a mix of manual and automatic snaps. I really like how the auto snaps do such a good job of not only being able to capture stylish and impressive shots, but also humanising and goofy moments of the main cast. Whether that's through the obviously intentionally posed shots, or the ones that randomly catch some silly moment during gameplay.

Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Here's a selection of my better shots from Umurangi Generation. Got a few more I'd like to show but I feel like those things will be fun for others to find on their own.

Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Scrustle wrote: June 4th, 2021, 7:20 pm As I've been playing through FF15 again, it dawned on me that for a game where photography is such a major factor, I never bothered to actually share the photos I had collected before.
Wow I had no idea it was such a pretty game! Adding to my list of things to play.