548: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse

This is where you'll find threads specific to the games we'll be covering in our current volume of podcasts
JaySevenZero
Admin

548: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse

Post by JaySevenZero »

Here's where you can contribute your thoughts and opinions for Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse for potential inclusion in the forthcoming podcast.

A friendly reminder that where the feedback for the podcast is concerned, we love it - but keeping it brief is appreciated. We do want to include a breadth of opinions where appropriate, but no-one wants a discussion podcast that’s mostly reading out essays. Better to save yourself time and cut to the chase if you can.

OneCreditBen

Re: 548: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse

Post by OneCreditBen »

For reference: Here's a Live One Credit Clear of Castlevania 3 (JP Version) from October 2021, using Sypha.

It remains the only time I've managed to get a full 1CC done on this, so far. I'm happy it happened live.

stvnorman

Re: 548: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse

Post by stvnorman »

Was there ever a better looking and sounding NES game? I definitely can’t think of a more atmospheric one. It might be a return to the original’s gameplay and quite a few of its themes, but it’s way more than just more of the same, with its multiple characters and multiple pathways offering loads to keep going back for, and some wonderfully varied but always haunting backdrops to do it against. Maybe not the best Castlevania but I reckon it’s up there with the best of the NES.

Three word review: Welcome back Castlevania!