Patreon Woes

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Rhaegyr

Patreon Woes

Post by Rhaegyr »

Hoping for a little help!

New bank card (old one expired) but Patreon for some reason won't accept my new details - I just receive a generic "We’re sorry, but we were unable to add your card at this time. Please try again.". Tried these for nearly a week now with no joy and don't have another method of paying (unless the other half lets me put it on the joint account).

Anyone with experience of this? Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Patreon Woes

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hmmm, that sounds frustrating - and I really appreciate your efforts.

Not to state the bleedin' obvious but have you engaged with the Patreon help section or chat (not sure if they have live support)?
Rhaegyr

Post by Rhaegyr »

Yeah - I've raised a support ticket, hopefully they get back to me soonish.

After a quick internet search it seems like a fairly common problem over the last month or so for various patrons (which gives me hope they're working on a fix).

I was halfway through the Metroid Fusion podcast too - bastards!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Ach, sorry about this.
Rhaegyr

Post by Rhaegyr »

No need for apologies, honestly - it's on Patreon, not Cane and Rinse!

They've always been a bit of a pain in my experience (especially the app) but they're still by far the best content creator supporting site I've used.

I'll update the thread once they get back to me in case anyone else runs into this issue down the line.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Cheers, Rhaegyr.
Rhaegyr

Post by Rhaegyr »

An update, albeit not a great one.

First they came back with standard FAQ responses. I went into more detail explaining I've tried multiple times and also contacted my bank to make sure that charges from Patreon*Membership are being accepted (which they inform me they are).

I can't delete the payment method and try to add it again (with updated details) as it's the only one I have. I can't transfer the membership to something else as I don't have a different bank account and deleted PayPal a few years ago.

I've gone back to Patreon and explained this; hopefully they come back with something more helpful but I'm not holding my breath. They're the only site having trouble with this card - all other sites have accepted it with no problems.

I'll update once I hear back.
Rhaegyr

Post by Rhaegyr »

In a bizarre change of events I've just been charged by Patreon and I have access again! Card details have been updated too.

Not sure what the lesson is here - keep complaining? Anyway, time to finish the Metroid Fusion podcast.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hooray!

Thank you again for your ongoing support.
Kasuga-san

Post by Kasuga-san »

Man, I've had the same issue for the past few weeks now. I think they just don't employ enough support staff for the volume of issues they have. I'm glad you finally got back on, so it makes me hopeful that they'll fix it soonish, but at this point they're going to charge me for a month membership for less than half of a month of access (not a huge deal for C&R other than all the catchup I'm going to have to do, but my other memberships are a different story).
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I just had a text from my bank to flag up this month's Patreon payment as "attempted fraud". They seem to ignore the fact I've been paying it every month for years, and I think they blocked it. I'll check when I get chance and make sure subscription is still active, but anyone else had this? I'm with HSBC.
Rhaegyr

Post by Rhaegyr »

Alex79 wrote: July 1st, 2023, 10:28 am I just had a text from my bank to flag up this month's Patreon payment as "attempted fraud". They seem to ignore the fact I've been paying it every month for years, and I think they blocked it. I'll check when I get chance and make sure subscription is still active, but anyone else had this? I'm with HSBC.
Had the exact same thing, same bank too.
Rhaegyr

Post by Rhaegyr »

Managed to sign back up after HSBC/Patreon kicked me out again a month or two ago.

Silver lining is there's a fair bit of content to catch up on!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

We really appreciate your efforts, with apologies for the inconvenience.