Game suggestions for the podcast

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Mr Ixolite

Re: Game suggestions for the podcast

Post by Mr Ixolite »

I'm sure the original Blaster Master is on the list, so I'd like to formally suggest the Blaster Master zero trilogy as well
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

You're right - the Blaster Master Zero games weren't on there - I shall rectify that forthwith.
DeadpoolNegative

Post by DeadpoolNegative »

While the ending(s) left a bit to be desired, I found Norco to be a pretty affecting game with a well thought out story and universe, and it would be cool to hear it discussed on the podcast.

--Dan
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yep, NORCO is already on the list.
T-BirD

Post by T-BirD »

As a carer of someone suffering from dementia, "Before I Forget" affected me deeply. Also played through "Ether One" soon after which also deals with dementia, but from a very diffent angle (and imo with far less compassion). Perhaps they (and others I don't know about) could be explored in an episode about the topic?

Really enjoyed the visual novel "A Summer's End: Hong Kong 1986" last year because it explored a very specific time and place and put me in the shoes of someone whose cultural background (and therefore her actions) was difficult for me to comprehend. Does contain a small bit of adult content that is important to the story. Eventually I was so absorbed in the story that I was tearing up at an important decision. Don't buy the soundtrack though - the best tracks are not included.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Before I Forget was already on the list, but I've added the other two.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Fortnite
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Alex79 wrote: December 20th, 2022, 3:34 pmFortnite
It has long been on the list, but none of us plays it or is especially interested in doing so.
If there was a 'Kids of Cane and Rinse' podcast, you might be in luck..!
;)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

ratsoalbion wrote: December 20th, 2022, 3:47 pm
Alex79 wrote: December 20th, 2022, 3:34 pmFortnite
It has long been on the list, but none of us plays it or is especially interested in doing so.
If there was a 'Kids of Cane and Rinse' podcast, you might be in luck..!
;)
I'm sure it's only a matter of time :lol:
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I'm pretty sure between the parents on the panel we have a whole host of Fortnite players among their offspring.

I've never even installed Fortnite, although the recent current-gen update looks so good on a purely visual level that I was tempted. Who knows, perhaps I'll get hooked..?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

ratsoalbion wrote: December 20th, 2022, 4:32 pm I'm pretty sure between the parents on the panel we have a whole host of Fortnite players among their offspring.

I've never even installed Fortnite, although the recent current-gen update looks so good on a purely visual level that I was tempted. Who knows, perhaps I'll get hooked..?
In all honesty, I tried it once or twice and thought it was garbage, but I'm not really in to any battle royal games. But my 7 year old begged me to play with him and we've had a few genuinely really fun sessions on it playing as a duo team. Maybe something to try with your niece! (If she plays it, that is).
Jon Cheetham

Post by Jon Cheetham »

An episode with the C&R mums and dads reporting in on their kids’ Fortnite adventures would actually be very fun. And give me an idea what’s in store down the road…
therealdeadaim

Post by therealdeadaim »

SOCOM should be on the list as it doesn't get the credit it deserves imo, it was the pioneer game for playstation network, it was an imensley popular asymmetrical tactical team based shooter where stealth was a legit option in online play. The single player campaigns were great, making good use of voice commands years before other games. The online community was fantastic (in the EU anyway). 10s of thousands of players on every night but you could still log into a room and know who was who. The Community set up the online clan ladder socom battles, which would merge into gamebattles and set-up the groundwork for MLG success with COD. It went off the boil after 2 but those first 2 games were peak noughties internet culture for me.

Gvmers have a 30min video on the series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGpqcsU4IKA
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I'd be quite surprised if we had enough experience and expertise among the team to make a SOCOM show, especially as online play on the PS2 was never a thing in the UK...
Megadirt

Post by Megadirt »

Have you added "Lacuna" to the list. I recently picked it up and hammered through it's 5 hours, and it is a brilliant game. It's like Ghost Trick mixed with Disco Elysium if it came out on the gameboy advance (in a good way).
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Added!
therealdeadaim

Post by therealdeadaim »

ratsoalbion wrote: December 29th, 2022, 10:10 pm I'd be quite surprised if we had enough experience and expertise among the team to make a SOCOM show, especially as online play on the PS2 was never a thing in the UK...
That's a shame, you guys missed out.

Socom was in the UK (it's where i'm from). We played on same servers as the rest of Europe, NA servers were separate. It was pretty popular.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I've added the series to the list to see if we have any expertise/enthusiasm among us.
Jockney

Post by Jockney »

Literally any of the PS1 crash bandicoot games
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

They are all already on the list, as are the sequels and remakes.