Association Football (aka 'Soccer' / "The Beautiful Game")

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Truk_Kurt

Re: Association Football (aka 'Soccer' / "The Beautiful Game")

Post by Truk_Kurt »

For anyone who is interested in football documentaries, a new All or Nothing on Juventus has just been released on Amazon Prime and it's pretty good.
Cornelius_Smiff

Post by Cornelius_Smiff »

'I Believe In Miracles' is on Netflix at the moment. ;)
Angry_Kurt

Post by Angry_Kurt »

Yeah, despite being a Derby fan I’ll give that a watch
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

After 39 years and 600-700 matches, this was the greatest performance I have yet seen from a BHAFC side:

Even while acknowledging that this Liverpool side is suffering badly (by its lofty historical standards) at the moment, highlights don't really do justice to the level of the performance.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Completely agree they played amazingly. Brighton are my favourite premier league team to watch this season and I’m rooting for them to get the European spot they deserve and finish above Chelsea.

Everything about Chelsea this season has been grating. I don’t necessarily begrudge them opting for Potter as a neutral as seemed a good choice but then cherry picking the Brighton players/staff followed by buying everyone available for exorbitant prices has been ridiculous.

Part of me thinks this whole thing is a farce to generate a story for a future smash hit film or something else equally silly. Here’s hoping they break financial FairPlay, get docked points for tax fraud. I suppose at least the football manager developers will have an easy time for the next few years with all the players on 8 year contracts haha.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Chelsea have real Leeds 2000s energy about them, albeit the numbers are 10-100x higher.
I hope it all comes back to bite them on the arse in a few years.

"Chelsea have spent twice as much as every team in the Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and La Liga COMBINED in this January transfer window."
RinseWashRepeat

Post by RinseWashRepeat »

I may be a biased Arsenal fan - but I really am hoping to see some of these clubs be held accountable for their behaviour in the transfer markets.

Not just Chelsea - there needs to be a day of reckoning for the likes of Juventus, Barcelona and Real Madrid too.
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

Chelsea have had their pants pulled down by some of the fees they're paying. Like I'm sure Fernandez is a good player but British transfer record good? Had anyone heard of him before the World cup? I hadn't and even then there were still better players at the World Cup. I was listening to a podcast which said he signed for Benfica a year or so ago for 10m euros and has since played 17 times for Benfica, scored 1 goal and 3 assists. Hardly earth shattering stats. Benfica must be laughing their heads off.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

The amount of Man Utd fans I've seen on Twitter gloating about Greenwood getting his charges dropped is a disgrace.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I was going to let the kids stay up to watch the England game last night, knowing it would be an exciting one for them (ie. lots of goals) but they weren't overly interested. Always fun to see England bang a load in, even if it's against lower opposition.