Recommendations for a new TV?

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Alex79

Recommendations for a new TV?

Post by Alex79 »

Hello! The kids broke our TV a few years back and at the time we just needed to get a cheapish replacement. We got this 43" Hisense TV that's fine for TV and movies, 4K, has HDR etc, but it's kind of shit for gaming. Get a lot of weird effects on certain games and it's not got a gaming or low-latency mode or anything like that, and the 'Smart' features kind of suck because you can't update apps or anything.

So I'm thinking about getting a new TV. I'm looking for:

- 120fps would be nice, but not essential
- HDR
- 43" in size (big enough for the room and limited by where we put it)
- gaming or low-latency mode.
- prefer Android OS rather than some proprietary thing.
- budget is the cheaper the better, but can't really go above £500.

I'm not asking anyone to go searching for me, but does anyone have a recommendation for TVs they have or just know would fit the bill?

Truk_Kurt

Re: Recommendations for a new TV?

Post by Truk_Kurt »

I can only speak for the LG OLED TVs which are excellent but would be more than £500. You could get a 2020 model or earlier pre owned though for that price or less.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I would love an OLED one, I've seen QLED also, but not really sure what the difference is.
Angry_Kurt

Post by Angry_Kurt »

I’m not sure on the details but I think QLEDs aren’t supposed to be as good, that’s purely based on them being cheaper than OLEDs though