Films & TV to look forward to in 2024

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
JaySevenZero
Admin

Films & TV to look forward to in 2024

Post by JaySevenZero »

I figured I'd start a thread for the various trailers etc. for the things we're looking forward to watching in 2024 be they film or TV series. There's a game version of this thread in the videogame discussion thread.

The things posted aren't in any particular order, such as their release or personal preference etc.

Although the first season of Halo had its flaws, there was enough there to guarantee I'm there for the second when it arrives in Feb. especially since it appears to deal with the fall of Reach and the arrival, finally, of the series' namesake.

To date and although I'm familiar with them, I've never yet played an actual Fallout game. However, this series, created by WestWorld's Jonathan Nolan, certainly appears to capture a vibe and the darkly humourous trailer has definitely piqued my interest.
Alex79

Re: Films & TV to look forward to in 2024

Post by Alex79 »

Season 2 of The Sandman from Netflix should be coming next year, too. I need to finish season 1 still, but it'll be great to see them take on the next story arc, A Game Of You (which was the first and still one of my favourite Sandman stories I read).
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

There's Dune 2 I'm looking forward to, Ferrari, Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga, Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2, the New Joker, 2 Win and if it's out next year, the Brad Pitt F1 film.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Yeah, I'm also looking forward to Dune Part 2 and Furiosa and although much later in the year, there's also Arcane season 2 on Netflix, something I might very binge in a day if it's anything close to as good as season 1.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Based on the James Clevell novel of the same name and based on the same historical person that the Nioh games used for their premise, you can bet I'll be checking this out. Luckily for us in the UK it's coming to Disney +.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Oh wow, cool! I remember trying to read this book as a kid but not really getting too far. He also wrote Tai-Pan, which one of my all time favourite home computer games was based on.
LaikaMuttnik

Post by LaikaMuttnik »

I'm looking forward to "Delicious in Dungeon" (ダンジョン飯), coming to Netflix in January 2024 :D
LaikaMuttnik

Post by LaikaMuttnik »

Also looking forward to Season 4 of "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba" (鬼滅の刃).
Not yet sure when in 2024 it's streamed worldwide, but hope it doesn't take too long after it’s aired in Japan in spring :)
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

I'm a big admirer of Alex Garland's work from his novels to his his film and TV work (Dredd, Ex Machina, Men and Devs), needless to say I'll be checking this film out next year.

Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

JaySevenZero wrote: December 13th, 2023, 3:26 pm I'm a big admirer of Alex Garland's work from his novels to his his film and TV work (Dredd, Ex Machina, Men and Devs), needless to say I'll be checking this film out next year.

I didn't know he wrote novels, any you would recommend?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

He wrote The Beach!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

The Beach is secretly my favourite book. Of course when people ask, I choose something much more highbrow.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Truk_Kurt wrote: December 15th, 2023, 9:40 am I didn't know he wrote novels, any you would recommend?
As mentioned above The Beach and also The Tesseract but don't let the disappointing movie adaptations of either of these novels put you off.
Tolkientaters

Post by Tolkientaters »

This is my most anticipated series to watch next year, Park Chan-Wook is always fantastic and the book it's based on seems pretty interesting. I've been looking foward to it for a while and I think it's gonna deliver.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Tolkientaters wrote: December 30th, 2023, 5:37 am This is my most anticipated series to watch next year, Park Chan-Wook is always fantastic and the book it's based on seems pretty interesting. I've been looking foward to it for a while and I think it's gonna deliver.
I'll be checking this out too, looks like Downey's getting to flex his skills a bit after leaving the MCU, with the likes of this and Oppenheimer