634: DuckTales

This is where you'll find threads specific to the games we'll be covering in our current volume of podcasts
JaySevenZero
Admin

634: DuckTales

Post by JaySevenZero »

Here's where you can contribute your thoughts and opinions for DuckTales for potential inclusion in the forthcoming podcast.

A friendly reminder that where the feedback for the podcast is concerned, we love it - but keeping it brief is appreciated. We do want to include a breadth of opinions where appropriate, but no-one wants a discussion podcast that’s mostly reading out essays. Better to save yourself time and cut to the chase if you can.
Pconpi

Re: 634: DuckTales

Post by Pconpi »

Not a reflection of my own game playing experience, but I did want to share seeing a Bit Brigade show where they opened with DuckTales (The Legend of Zelda was the “main” show, but I enjoyed the rock versions of DuckTales more). For those that don’t know Bit Brigade, as their website says, “performs rock covers of full NES game soundtracks as their gamer speedruns the game live on stage”. It was incredible and one of the best live music experiences I have had. It was a celebration of the game, the music, and the playing ability of the performers. I was cheering after each boss was defeated and for each song performed and it was just a great communal experience with people who also valued this thing we love. Each stage’s unique theme rocked but the Moon stage is my favorite, appropriately soaring and epic. So, thank you to Hiroshige Tonomura for composing the tracks and Bit Brigade for creating a live experience that makes this game more memorable for me. I haven’t beaten it yet, but from seeing the concert it only takes about 15 minutes so I should have it done soon 😉