620: Ghostbusters: The Video Game

This is where you'll find threads specific to the games we'll be covering in our current volume of podcasts
JaySevenZero
Admin

620: Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Post by JaySevenZero »

Here's where you can contribute your thoughts and opinions for Ghostbusters: The Video Game for potential inclusion in the forthcoming podcast.

A friendly reminder that where the feedback for the podcast is concerned, we love it - but keeping it brief is appreciated. We do want to include a breadth of opinions where appropriate, but no-one wants a discussion podcast that’s mostly reading out essays. Better to save yourself time and cut to the chase if you can.
Seph

Re: 620: Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Post by Seph »

While Ghostbusters isn't a perfect gaming experience, a game based on an old comedy film had no right being this fun or good. To me, this is the canonical continuation of his series and not ANY of the live action attempts since this, which is backed up by the fact this game uses sections from the planned Ghostbusters 3 script. While it was a retread of the films, I enjoyed just playing out those moments.

I had a lot of fun with this and the main disappointment was the lack of co-op in the main game. This was perfect for that. Game developers, please, can we aim for multiplayer experiences that aren't just variations on deathmatch? Unfortunately, this also came out in the era of the greeny-brown army man shooters, so a lot of the level design and environments are dull and uninspired and it is just a shooty bang bang game underneath the hood.

The biggest surprise for me was actually the voice acting. I was expecting the most bored-sounding, phoned in performances (especially from Bill Murray), but everyone gave this the effort it needed. For that alone, this game is worth at least one playthrough.