Game suggestions for the podcast

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Game suggestions for the podcast

Post by ratsoalbion »

Already on the list.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Obvs. :lol:
Mr Ixolite

Post by Mr Ixolite »

I suggest Valfaris, a gorgeous heavy-metal run and gunner that feels a bit "what if Contra mixed with Doom Eternal"
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I know it, I have it on Xbox. There's a sequel too.

I will check to see if it's on the list.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

It's not a game, and I have no idea how you'd go about putting together a show for it, but I'd love to hear a Cane and Rinse breakdown of Music/Music 2000 by Codemasters for the PS1.

My friend and I spent 100s of hours back in the late 90s and very early 2000s learning and using the software, it was the first music I ever made myself, not counting a couple of terrible bands beforehand!

Listening back to it now, it sounds admittedly terrible, but at the time we were convinced we were going to be millionaire DJs or something.

Check, as they say, this out... :lol:

https://youtu.be/-fhgFa6ot5E?si=4D_I5N1aCb-wSTuN

https://youtu.be/-eqQrAkYKno?si=pdlIJaL1Y6YtPOcF

(Can't work out how to embed YT links any more, the address they give you is all weird).
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I think it's quite unlikely there will be enough experience and enthusiasm from the team, but I've added them to the spreadsheet anyway, along with PS2 follow-up, MTV Music Generator 2.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah I did think it would be a tricky one with it not only not being a game, but also lack of familiarity from the team. I suppose it's a bit niche!
Rhaegyr

Post by Rhaegyr »

Any chance the Wargame series (European Escalation, Red Dragon, WARNO etc) from Eugen Systems is on the list?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

They aren't. I will add them in order to gauge interest, but I fear there isn't anyone among the crew who is familiar with these games, (save possibly Chris O).

I think I have one or two in my library from giveaways but they are really not my bag I don't think.
My mate Martin likes military stuff, but he really wouldn't be up for doing a podcast!
Rhaegyr

Post by Rhaegyr »

Thanks Leon! Thought it was a long shot but worth a shot nevertheless.

In all honesty the military stuff goes completely over my head - I'd be just as happy (if not more so) if each force was composed of garden variety animals! It's more that it's a type of RTS that is (as far as I can tell) quite different to any others I've played. No base building, no hero units and no need to gather resources - just drop your units down and use them the best you can. It also has some glorious 10v10 matches.

High barrier to entry though - it's very micro heavy, has a steep learning curve and possibly the most horrendous chat lobby in any game I've ever played.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Sounds terrifying!
😄