Videogame News

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Truk_Kurt

Re: Videogame News

Post by Truk_Kurt »

I get the odd copy of Edge and it it very well written and put together but it's a bit too high brow for me to be a regular reader.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

ratsoalbion wrote: June 25th, 2024, 3:58 pm https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/ ... -new-games

Atari 50 gets embiggened.
Holy wow! Amazing!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I thought the Nintendo Indies Direct this afternoon was pretty poor, nothing there that interested me, but the Partner Direct afterwards was much more interesting!

New Capcom Fighting Collection including Power Stone 1 and 2, another look at Marvel Vs Capcom collection, a collection of the DS Castlevania games and Yakuza coming to Switch!? Just Kiwami so far, but hope they get to 4, 5 and 6 on Switch as I've not played those yet and much more inclined to do so on a handheld.

Also, Suikoden 1 and 2 HD Remasters! People moan about the amount of remakes and ports coming to Switch but honestly, it's mainly what I want these days. It's only really Mario and the next big Zelda I'm interested in from Nintendo themselves, and having all these ports to play in handheld is exactly what I'm after. Just hope the next console is backwards compatible.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

There's no way it isn't.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

ratsoalbion wrote: August 27th, 2024, 4:27 pm There's no way it isn't.
I'm inclined to agree. Nintendo have always been fairly good with backwards compatibility before the Switch came out.
Rhaegyr

Post by Rhaegyr »

For me Direct was worth it alone for Capcom Fighting Collection 2.

Capcom vs SNK 2, Powerstone 1 & 2, Project Justice and Street Fighter Alpha 3 all in one compilation? I can't remember the last time I've been so hyped for a retro collection.

Rollback netcode is just the icing on the cake. Can't wait!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Rhaegyr wrote: August 28th, 2024, 9:55 am I can't remember the last time I've been so hyped for a retro collection.
I can - the other Capcom collection - Marvel!
Out September 12th.

Super-excited for this one too, obviously. Check out our Power Stone podcast!

The new Castlevania pack from M2 is also tremendous.

Amazing times.
Rhaegyr

Post by Rhaegyr »

Yeah, I really want that Castlevania collection after falling in love with Dawn of Sorrow but not playing the rest of the DS games (which by all accounts are pretty great in their own right). I'd love a collection 'wrap around' for this, the Anniversary collection and the GBA collection.

Well, after they've released the collection that contains SOTN. It's surely coming, right?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah SOTN is a bit of a glaring omission isn't it. Be nice to see the 3D Lords Of Shadow games on there too.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

There is already a collection that includes SotN. Ok it's not M2, but it exists.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

You're right of course, in my head I was thinking only of the Switch but I didn't say that part out loud :lol:
Harkatim

Post by Harkatim »

Rhaegyr wrote: August 28th, 2024, 9:55 am For me Direct was worth it alone for Capcom Fighting Collection 2.

Capcom vs SNK 2, Powerstone 1 & 2, Project Justice and Street Fighter Alpha 3 all in one compilation? I can't remember the last time I've been so hyped for a retro collection.

Rollback netcode is just the icing on the cake. Can't wait!
It's such a generous bundle. Power stone collection with rollback would be worth the asking price alone.
Harkatim

Post by Harkatim »

Speaking of Power Stone, the games original director - Hideaki Itsuno has now parted ways with Capcom. And I'm genuinely surprised.

He's responsible for some of my favourite titles of the past 20+ years and his last two titles as director were commercial and critical hits as far as I can tell. I was eagerly awaiting his next project.

If you don't know who he is or you're a fan, this is well worth a watch:

https://youtu.be/XcYWxnDJcho?si=hSgN06t ... tgwZ0lXevj

A lot of action game talent floating around unsupervised in Japan at the moment . . .
Rhaegyr

Post by Rhaegyr »

Wow, that's quite a length of service.

He's a favourite of mine too - how can you not love the guy who had a huge part in Powerstone, Rival Schools/Project Justice, Dragon's Dogma and DMC3?

He should team up with Kamiya and Mikami - a fanboy can dream!