The Sony news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
RoboticMonk3y

Re: PlayStation 4

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

hazeredmist wrote:Whoah, you can use a dual shock for remote play? Fuck. This could revolutionise my bedtime Destiny needs... How do you do that?
you remote play, then turn on the DS4, and log in (I logged in as a guest) then you can launch a game and play
Problem is, that you have to log in as a second account, so I used it to play GTA single player, I'm not sure you can use it to play destiny online

I've not worked out if you can play on your primary account using the DS4, my god that would be great!
I don't see really why it's so difficult either, you're only beaming the screen out to the vita, and that already works.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

You can use the Sony xperia z2 and z3 as a screen and get a holder to sit it on top of the dual shock. Very annoying as I have a z1 so will wait till I upgrade in a few months.
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

So what did people think of the Playstation Experience? What games are people most excited for?

Personally I think it was great, and has come at a perfect time for Sony and the PS4. I've been a little disillusioned this year with the line-up for the console, but there was game after game of fantastic announcements that has really got me excited for what's to come in 2015. The partnership with Double Fine in particular has caught my attention (Day Of The Tentacle, Broken Age, Grim Fandango - yes, yes, YES!!) and Uncharted looked rather lovely to say the least.

What Remains of Edith Finch and The Forest are also looking really intriguing, while the continued support for Vita is definitely something to be cheerful and relieved about after Sony basically ignored it's existence at previous shows this year.

I'd say it's been a pretty useful exercise on Sony's part. Thoughts?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Grim Fandango as I've never played it and Street Fighter mainly. Thinking about it I've got a physical copy of FFVII and its on my vita so I couldn't justify buying it again could I?.
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

You're in for a treat with Grim Fandango Dom. One of the most visually imaginative games I've ever played and it's got some great characters and a cracking script. At least that's how remember it anyway! Really hope it holds up!!

I've got FFVII waiting on my Vita as well and I get the feeling it might be more at home on there than blown up on today's TVs, so I probably won't be investing on what seems to be a pretty lazy PS4 port....
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

i think it plays very well on the vita
It also has the added bonus of the vita's "sleep" mode
If it was an uprezzed, re-drawn, re-mastered sound on the PS4, I'd be all over it, but as it stands, I'll politely decline...

I am so excited about grim fandango
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Yeah VII is great on the vita.
hazeredmist

Re: PlayStation Vita

Post by hazeredmist »

Thanks to EA giving it away for free I've been playing Need For Speed Most Wanted, not usually the type of game I go for but damn it's actually really good. Forget the name, it's pretty much Burnout Paradise with a bit less glitz and personality. Really enjoying it! Bit glitchy from time to time with some slowdown, but generally runs really well.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

hazeredmist wrote:Thanks to EA giving it away for free I've been playing Need For Speed Most Wanted, not usually the type of game I go for but damn it's actually really good. Forget the name, it's pretty much Burnout Paradise with a bit less glitz and personality. Really enjoying it! Bit glitchy from time to time with some slowdown, but generally runs really well.
it's good!
what ruins it for me is how your race can be ruined by a random car crossing your path, or by clipping a random bit of scenery and coming to a dead stop.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah that's the issue I have with all road racers. I wish you could turn the traffic off. I'd also like to be able to switch acceleration and braking to cross and square, but nice freebie.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

You're all going to tell me that you already knew this but I've just been deleting to make space for need for speed and I noticed that the save files for games are separate to the game itself!.

So you can delete the game but keep the save file! :)
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

DomsBeard wrote:You're all going to tell me that you already knew this but I've just been deleting to make space for need for speed and I noticed that the save files for games are separate to the game itself!.

So you can delete the game but keep the save file! :)
pro tip number two, to back that up.
assuming you still have the charge cable that came with your vita, you can plug your vita into your PC and move the games onto your pc, so if you decide you want to play again, you don't have to wait for a download, just copy the game back...
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Are they Domsbeard? I always thought they were all mashed in together since it warns you before you delete a game. Maybe they changed it in an update.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Alex79uk wrote:Are they Domsbeard? I always thought they were all mashed in together since it warns you before you delete a game. Maybe they changed it in an update.
Instead of just deleting the game from the home screen I went into the memory management bit and they are separated in there. So I deleted FFVII but my save remains :)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ah ok - PS1 games store saves separately, Vita games do not.
James

Post by James »

Alex79uk wrote:Ah ok - PS1 games store saves separately, Vita games do not.
Yeah, I did a recent back-up and transfer, and Vita games do not seem to have separate save files. PS1 and (I think ) Minis do, which is handy. I just transfer Vita games/saves over to PC, where storage isn't so much of an issue.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Resogun is out for Vita! Cross-buy too so you can get it if you already have the PS4 version :D

Here's a review http://thevitalounge.net/resogun/

They say there's been no compromise with graphics, I totally disagree there as from the bit I've played so far the graphics are very clearly downgraded from the PS4, really makes you realise just how good the game looks on the home console. But it does play very well and has the same feel which is most important really, a lovely bonus for Vita owners. I love Resogun and am far more likely to play it on Vita so the graphical drop is fine by me.

Anyone else played yet?
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

oh, that's cool!

I've played it a bunch in co-op on the ps4.

I'll give the vita a go
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Fucking brilliant news!! Been looking forward to this! Odd release day too, isn't it?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

No it came out yesterday as part of the usual Wednesday shop update.