Videogame News

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
MagicianArcana

Re: Videogame News

Post by MagicianArcana »

I don't know which Sonic game I'm more excited for. I really liked Unleashed, Colors, and Generations. So I've been wanting another Sonic game with that engine for a while. A throwback to the Genesis era games also sounds great though.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

http://www.appy-gamer.com/Web/ArticleWe ... urce=drive

This is kind of annoying. Xbox Live gamertags to expire after 5 years. I don't have an Xbox One and am unlikely to get one - but I might want the next console, or the one after that, and I'd sure as hell prefer to resurrect my 360 gamertag rather than create a new one.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Surely you can just sign in on the website, or if not the Windows 10 desktop app...
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

Hopefully they would e mail you before it expires so you can go on line quickly to stop it going.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

ratsoalbion wrote:Surely you can just sign in on the website, or if not the Windows 10 desktop app...
Ah, yes this makes sense!
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

Well this made me chuckle.

Warning: NSFW language, get your headphones out...

It seems like this is something that test should've caught. They probably did, but I know localisation testing is often right down the end of the schedule and there's not always time to react to it before launch. There's probably some tester somewhere angrily shouting that he tried to tell them but they wouldn't listen...
skidoosh

Post by skidoosh »

So. I love the Wipeout games (partly because I love The Prodigy) and R8 Games who were Studio Liverpool who were Psygnosis are currently developing the next Wipeout *cough* sorry Formula Fusion just dropped a load of videos on their channel https://www.youtube.com/user/IndieHeroStudios/videos
skidoosh

Post by skidoosh »

Aaaaand Inside is coming to PS4!

skidoosh

Post by skidoosh »

Aaaaand The Fall is getting a sequel!

I really liked this game on the whole. I won't lie ending was a bit RAGE if you know what I mean.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

16-bit Disney platformers The Lion King, The Jungle Book and Aladdin* are out now on GOG:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... -now-on-pc

*Virgin/Dave Perry's MD/Genesis game not Capcom/Shinji Mikami's SNES version, obviously.
Sinclair Gregstrum

Post by Sinclair Gregstrum »

ratsoalbion wrote:16-bit Disney platformers The Lion King, The Jungle Book and Aladdin* are out now on GOG:
I never played Jungle Book but loved the other two back in the day. Looks like a they work on Mac so think I might pick up the bundle of all three!
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Cool the Tomorrow Children has a release date! http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/08/ ... -6-on-ps4/ Im really glad this game is finnaly coming out I was afraid it had been cancelled after the radio silence on it for so long.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Hmm, did you play the Beta? I spent a little time with it, and it really wasn't something I enjoyed. Loved the art style and the atmosphere, but the gameplay just wasn't there for me. That was a beta, mind.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

I didnt play it but from what I recon it's a minecraft kinda deal with marxist principles applied to it as core mechanics,cant say Im the biggest fan of minecraft but Im interested enough in the style and concept of this one to give it a shot but hopefully it will have improved since the beta.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

It seemed like it might have had something if I'd stick with it, I've just got an awfully short attention span, and if something doesn't grab me within half an hour or so I'll give up on it. Seemed like it might have had an interesting story though.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Just to confirm Metal Gear is dead:

mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I love Kojima games as much as the next person but I'm going to reserve judgement until I see it in action.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I don't think it looks awful as a game, just don't like the fact they slapped the MG name on it.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yeah - perhaps, in the spirit of CaR, we should collectively look into the personnel who are actually working on this, what they've made before and so on.

Might be all rubbish, or it might be a pleasant surprise!
:)
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Im more in favor of a burn all the heretics kinda of approach but yours seems to be more sensible.