Game suggestions for the podcast

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Game suggestions for the podcast

Post by ratsoalbion »

NerdyBrews wrote:Prince of Persia: Sands of Time trilogy

Kingdom Hearts

Sonic Adventure
All those are all on the big list you'll be pleased to hear, although I'm not sure how much desire there is among the team to (re)play the two Sands of Time follow-ups at this point. It could happen though.

As for Sonic, it's a series we'd love to do properly from the start, but now we have Mario coming up it won't be for a while I'm afraid.
Sonic Adventure is certainly an interesting one as you say, but we couldn't cover Sonic the Cane and Rinse way without going back to the Mega Drive first (and incorporate some Master System and Saturn discussion too).
InsrtCoins

Post by InsrtCoins »

When I play Badland for iOS I have a feeling that what I am playing is far more substantial than is immediately apparent to me. I think it would make for an interesting discussion.
IdeologyLite

Post by IdeologyLite »

I'm surprised that there haven't been many suggestions for any of the 'classic' Silent Hill (1-3) or Final Fantasy (III-X) games.

Lost Odyssey would be another interesting one considering events surrounding it (Sakaguchi's new studio, huge Microsoft JRPG push in the early 360 era, actual moments of prose in a game etc). Obviously, the game is great too, but certainly worthy of wider discussion.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Don't worry, we've had plenty of suggestions for Silent Hills and Final Fantasies. Not that we needed them as they've been on the list since before the podcast started!

Lost Odyssey is also a long-term long-lister, but we haven't done many RPGs or other massive/super-long games for obvious reasons. If we had the money for everyone to give up their jobs then these things could happen, but as it is we have precisely no money that's not on the cards! :D

But yes, these games are forever being considered nonetheless.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Yeah RPG's would be great but it's pretty impossible to replay them so it would rely on memory instead of replaying it to compare now.
IdeologyLite

Post by IdeologyLite »

Shorter games, eh?

*Thinks*

How about something like Hotel Dusk? What more could you want from a game than something that looks like an A-ha music video? :)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I'd be up for doing Hotel Dusk (and Badland, InsrtCoins), though I preferred its predecessor Another Code/Trace Memory.

But there's no need to force yourselves to come up with stuff - we have enough to last us several years as it is! New suggestions are always welcome though, and will be added to the giganto-spreadsheet for consideration.
IdeologyLite

Post by IdeologyLite »

ratsoalbion wrote:I'd be up for doing Hotel Dusk (and Badland, InsrtCoins), though I preferred its predecessor Another Code/Trace Memory.

But there's no need to force yourselves to come up with stuff - we have enough to last us several years as it is! New suggestions are always welcome though, and will be added to the giganto-spreadsheet for consideration.
Ah, I never got around to playing Cing's other titles (also Little King's Story). Shame, as I thought that they were a really gifted studio based on my experience of Hotel Dusk. The list of closed studios over the past generation really is quite hard (and heartbreaking) to keep track of.

And yes, I'm sure you guys have plenty to be getting on with. Very much looking forward to hearing more.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

LKS is also on the big list btw! ;)
Woodfella

Post by Woodfella »

Little King story is brilliant, quite terrifying when you venture outside your town walls, you become really protective of your townsfolk and the music is absolutely superb. Play it. I put a bit of time in but stopped as my will makes an unbearable noise when there's a disc in :(
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Another game that's been on my shelf for several years since launch but only dabbled with, and now a tiny part of my several hundred game, 25 year, 10000+ hour strong backlog!

As I say, it's on the list as much as anything because I'd like the excuse to make time to play it, but there needs to be enough enthusiasm from the team to make a podcast out of it.

Every PS+ subscriber has the Vita version of course, but by almost all accounts it doesn't have the charm of the Wii original.
FollowMyRuin

Post by FollowMyRuin »

Not sure if this request has been put forward or not...kindly oblige me by considering a Rez/Child Of Eden show.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

A dedicated Rez podcast could certainly still happen some day, but we cover a lot of Miz stuff (including CoE) in this very early issue: http://caneandrinse.com/issue-three/
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Oh I'd love a dedicated Rez show, still in my top 10 of all time.

I've personally really enjoyed the shows on the 16-bit era of games you've done (relatively) recently. The Streets Of Rage and Disney platformer shows were hugely entertaining for me. I'd love to hear a few more from that era - and Flashback would be easy to do now since the re-boot was released. Might make an interesting comparison show. I'd love to hear shows on the two PS1 Abe games too (Oddysee and Exodus).
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

All on the list, Alex :)
Woodfella

Post by Woodfella »

Are there any games that aren't on 'the big list'? How big is 'the big list'? Is it big?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

There are definitely a lot of games that aren't on there, but it is a pretty big list (currently around individual 300 titles)...
FollowMyRuin

Post by FollowMyRuin »

For consideration, some games that perhaps may be unlikely to feature as a podcast but are stunning games nonetheless:

- Canis Canem Edit
- Dragon's Dogma
- Punch Out!! Series
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

CCE/Bully is already on the list as is Dragon's Dogma.
Punch-Out! trilogy could be an interesting one - I shall add it to the list to find out if we have any fans on the team.
:)
FollowMyRuin

Post by FollowMyRuin »

ratsoalbion wrote:CCE/Bully is already on the list as is Dragon's Dogma.
Punch-Out! trilogy could be an interesting one - I shall add it to the list to find out if we have any fans on the team.
:)
Who isn't a fan of woefully judged stereotypical boxers and/or giving Glass Joe a hiding!