Cane and Rinse PC Minecraft Server

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
MrTingg

Re: Cane & Rinse PC Minecraft Server

Post by MrTingg »

Hi all, so I have had an idea for using the new "command" blocks on the server as a way of getting around and some other cool stuff. I anyone would like a "command" block at there home area, please post the coords of where you are below. Also there will be "command" blocks at spawn to /tp players to everyone on the server.

Good idea?

Oh and the community Town idea sounds great to me if people are still using the server, I would be happy to help build it. Let me know.

Cheers guys
Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex »

Is the update out yet?I wanted to build a big map wall but the framing stuff wasn't out when I had the idea.
MrTingg

Post by MrTingg »

The update is out and the server has been updated.
Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex »

I played a bit. It sounds 'different'. I'm also hearing a lot of new noises that were not there before.
TomFum

Post by TomFum »

Tingg the TNT on the server is redundant right? Ive been using it and it does nothing.

This is because of the non world damage mod yer???????

Im working on something and explosives really help but they dont work. Or maybe because im playing in creative mode that they dont work??

Help haha :D
Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex »

Bollocks, just went to log into the server and it appears because I accepted an update I cannot get in. :(
MrTingg

Post by MrTingg »

TomFum wrote:Tingg the TNT on the server is redundant right? Ive been using it and it does nothing.

Im working on something and explosives really help but they dont work. Or maybe because im playing in creative mode that they dont work??

So, TNT should work on the server as we do not have any protection sinse the latest update. Remember you can not "punch" it to set it off any more. You must use a lever or a redstone torch.
MrTingg

Post by MrTingg »

Sly Reflex wrote:Bollocks, just went to log into the server and it appears because I accepted an update I cannot get in. :(

The server is now up to date 1.4.4.
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

TomFum wrote:Tingg the TNT on the server is redundant right? Ive been using it and it does nothing.

Can you play in creative mode on the server then? I thought it was just survival :-/. I like survival but creative is more my thing, I'm all about building stuff

I've been playing on my local game a lot recently
Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex »

News of the new update incoming.

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/new-in- ... e-6400550/
The Redstone update isn't the best start for Mojang's new release schedule, though. Originally planned for a holiday launch, keen crafters will now have to wait until January to get their hands on it. At least there's plenty to look forward too--if you're a keen user of redstone at least. It aims to make the ore--which is used to create many of the wonderful mechanical contraptions in the game--more predictable and consistent.

It's doing so by changing the way redstone behaves. The plan is to give it a variable signal strength--something Mojang calls " analogue", and add a new capacitor block. The new block will work similarly to a repeater, with one input and one output, but it will only produce full output when its input level is high enough. Capacitors can be configured by players to decide exactly how much input is required to push an output.

As for its use, Bergensten gave the example of making weighted pressure plates that change their output signal strength depending on pressure, and detector rails that have a stronger output when a minecart is filled. That signal could then be forwarded to a capacitor block, which would activate when the cart was filled, opening up all kinds of possibilities for automated rail and loading systems.

The minecarts themselves will see improvements too. Bergensten cited mods that use pipes to transport items around, claiming that minecarts "could be so much better". Some of the planned improvements include special track to unload freeloaders like pigs, new systems for filling and emptying chests, and the ability to link carts together so a furnace cart could pull along a chest.

Other planned improvements include a daylight detector (which could be used in conjunction with a capacitor to make a type of solar panel), fireworks for New Years Eve, and a new Nether-based ore that capacitors will be made from. Several bugs will be stamped out too, including the south/east rule. That means the timing of some complex designs will be affected, and those that rely on the block update design glitch may not work at all.

In typical Mojang style, Bergensten was happy to speculate on the future of Minecraft. Some of the possible improvements include a new, beautiful dimension that appears after killing the end boss; bags for saddled pigs; a new combat system; updates to the snow biome; a new, a faster client for better performance on newer systems; and fixes to the lighting bugs around trees.
Sounds like a good update. I've not messed with redstone in the PC version of Minecraft, but it was my main love in the XBLA, even though it was kind of janky.

I'm not getting on as much as I'd like, and the project I had in mind for my desert square had a major design flaw in it that could have made things quite problematic concerning shadows and mobs. I've had a bit of a brainstorm thinking of how to get around these problems and come up with a solution, but I don't know how good it'll look. It'll certainly stand out, but it might be more of an eyesore than antithetical. If it is ugly it'd be a proper bitch to take apart as well, which worries me, as taking things to bits can be a chore.
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

I've just started going on there, it does seem pretty dead but me and Fum are getting quite a bit done in there and we've got a project or 2 in the pipeline.

I made a working lighthouse using redstone last night following instructions on YouTube, I'm not entirely happy with the way it looks but it works so I'll keep tweaking until I'm happy. I'm looking forward to seeing what the possibilities are with these new variable plates and resistors though.
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

is the server down?
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I'd like to join if the server's still running. My username is Scrustle, same as on here.
Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex »

I seriously hate Endermen. The arseholes. I got killed by one earlier as I was looking off into the darkness, I was in my menu having a bit of a rearrange and when I came out of it I got jumped.

I've noticed that sometimes the zombies look a bit different, have they added more skins to them?

I'm slowly creating my hub bit by bit. It's going to take a fair while before it's done though. Satisfying to see it build up bit by bit.
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

I've seen Zombies that look like villagers and I've seen them holding things like spades and swords, they don't use them though
Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex »

When I was up on my cat walk doing extra building I noticed one of them had an iron sword on them. I'd already looted 2 before from zombies and I was waiting for the sun to come up so I could sweep in and take it from his charred corpse without being attacked by all the other stuff surrounding him. The swine despawned though, even though I was looking right at him.

Word of warning to people that are used to playing on the server before the last few updates, the Creepers will knock holes in stuff now. I was attacking one on the outskirts of my boundary and the green tit blew up and made a right mess. I actually prefer it being like that actually, adds a sense of danger to the game.

I was having a mess around with redstone earlier, I tried making a 2 stroke engine to power a clock so I could make a cobblestone generator but I could get it working right for shit. Even just using redstone repeaters was a bit off, I don't know if it's server related or whether I'm just forgetting how to do that stuff, but it just wasn't happening at all. It could be just me being a dunce, it's been a while since I sat hours figuring the redstone out on XBLA so it could be just be me being a fucking idiot.

Once I'm done I'm thinking of setting some paths up between our settlements. We can build sculptures and stuff along these roads. Make it look pretty. I've got an idea for one of the hillsides near where I'm based although that plan is miles away. It just works out like that when you play Minecraft.

I'm also looking into going into the Nether. I'm not sure what protocols to follow with that if I'm being honest, as I know stuff can come in and out of there now and the last thing I want if for my plaza to be over run by Nether mobs. Maybe build it into a room underground somewhere? That way if something does come through it's contained until it can despawn. Maybe we could look into setting fast travel places in the Nether with portals instead of using the command blocks. As good as they are (from what I've seen) banging a bit of coding into a block to teleport doesn't carry the same level of satisfaction of building a Nether based fast travel system. Plus I really want to get specific materials from there that I cannot get from elsewhere.

Big plans. Hard to tell if they'll ever materialise.
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

I've got a cobblestone generator working on the server, I used this tutorial to remind me how it works
Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex »

I've never though of making it go up like that actually. That's not a bad idea, if you bury the mechanics and just have the top blocks poking out the ground.
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

here's a few pics, click 'em for bigger pics

Our Shrine to the creaper on the old server

My single player house

Current MP server house

Working lighthouse, the shutters open and close in a circular motion
Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex »

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh29 ... 211100.png

It's the latest picture, but not the latest build. I've done a fair bit of Fred Dibnah style steeplejackage climbing about the rafters. This is a project that can possibly go on forever. At some points it totally feels like it.