The Sony news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
AndyKurosaki

Re: PlayStation 4

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yeah Infamous is way better than Prototype. Proto was ok, but eventually gets very frustrating.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Its on my radar but Dark Souls 2 consumes me!
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Best PS4 game, and best game of the year so far.
steg666

Post by steg666 »

I've played an hour on Infamous so far, I really like it. I'd read about a poor lead character and story but so far it's pretty good. People have generally don't seem to like the lead character, Delsin. I think he ok, so far.

Graphically, this is the best looking PS4 game I've seen so far but with the extra development time over the launch titles that is to be expected. I can't wait to get back to Seattle and open up more of Delsin's powers.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

chase210 wrote:I love infamous, by far the best game on PS4 right now. Delsin is much more likeable than cole, for starters, and the powers you start the game off with are much better than those you get in infamous 1 or 2.
Not sure it's the best. I could argue it to be the best exclusive given that it's only really up against Knack or Killzone Shadow Fall in terms of retail, I still feel Resogun beats them all mind.
Damocles693 wrote:I've only played a bit of Infamous 1 and 2, but I found Cole to be a bit dour, whereas Delsin is way more of a fun character, even if he can be a little "fight the power, maaan" if you take the good route. Definitely the best looking next gen game I've played so far, some of the visuals are absolutely stunning
Spoiler: show
especially once you get the neon powers
The visuals are the start are pretty amazing and for me far outweigh those you see once you're in Seattle, but it still has its moments of being incredible to look at. Ryse is still the title to blow me away the most, then the likes of Killzone, Forza 5 and this. I'm surprised at how much we've seen out of the systems in just 4 months. It took a lot longer to get a move on last generation, that's for sure.
ratsoalbion wrote:I enjoyed playing through both inFAMOUS 1 and 2 despite not liking any of the characters or writing.
That's how I felt about my time with them, or the first game at least. Pretty much the same with this, just more polished (though I'd have loved a far improved climbing system!)
Flabyo wrote:I always thought the first Infamous was a better game than Prototype was. No idea if that's the prevailing opinion though.
I agree. I actually bought Prototype at the time (as both were released at the same time) and it had a really cool concept but was so dull. Infamous is better although that did suffer many of the same problems. The difference is that Infamous has gone onto bigger and better things and Second Son feels a long way from the first title IMO.
chase210 wrote:Best PS4 game, and best game of the year so far.
I don't really agree with either, but it's definitely good. If we're talking exclusives then maybe, though I have a huge soft spot for Resogun. As for Game of the Year, I'm not so sure. I've not played Dark Souls II or Titanfall, but both of those have to be up there and then there's the re-release of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (which I do think is a better game), but we'll see how I feel after I've finished it. What I will say is that I am thoroughly enjoying it!
steg666 wrote:I've played an hour on Infamous so far, I really like it. I'd read about a poor lead character and story but so far it's pretty good. People have generally don't seem to like the lead character, Delsin. I think he ok, so far.

Graphically, this is the best looking PS4 game I've seen so far but with the extra development time over the launch titles that is to be expected. I can't wait to get back to Seattle and open up more of Delsin's powers.
Maybe people just don't like Indian lead characters. Assassin's Creed III's Connor got a lot of grief and he was my favourite so far in the Assassin's Creed series. I'm liking Delsin, although it's more to do with his character design than anything he's said or done in the story (thus far.)
chase210

Post by chase210 »

But Delsin is much more mobile than Cole, either with smoke dash or endless neon run. So the fact the climbing is a bit worse is a non issue for me, anyway.
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

My problem with Connor isn't that he was Native American, but that they picked a Native American actor who wasn't actually much good as an actor. It was all in the (lack) of delivery where he falls flat for me.
suzzopher

Post by suzzopher »

chase210 wrote:But Delsin is much more mobile than Cole, either with smoke dash or endless neon run. So the fact the climbing is a bit worse is a non issue for me, anyway.
Indeed, I haven't climbed in this game outside of a ladder or two. With these powers you really don't need to.

I think I might go for my second ever platinum trophy on this as the trophies look like a lot of fun.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

chase210 wrote:But Delsin is much more mobile than Cole, either with smoke dash or endless neon run. So the fact the climbing is a bit worse is a non issue for me, anyway.
I don't mean worse than Infamous, I mean in general. Look at things like Tomb Raider and Assassin's Creed. They could definitely polish that area of the game. It's the one thing I'd like to see tweaked more than anything else in the inevitable sequel.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

True. I suppose I like this more because I'm having so much fun with it. I can spend time just cruising round the city, looking for stuff to do, blast shard hunting etc. It feels literally miles ahead of the previous two, specially the first when I go back to it now.
suzzopher

Post by suzzopher »

Fez looks so bloody lovely on this, I'd forgotten how much I love the game.

My wife has decided I am only to play inFAMOUS Second Son when she is around as she loves the banter between Delsin and Reggie. She was like this with the Uncharted games too :roll:
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

Now that PS4's are in stock locally I'm arguing with myself over whether or not to get one. The reason I held back was lack of games and that's still an issue but I feel like I should be supporting Sony on their good treatment of gamers over the last twelve months.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

The last of us all but confirmed for a PS4 release.
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

arry_g wrote:Now that PS4's are in stock locally I'm arguing with myself over whether or not to get one. The reason I held back was lack of games and that's still an issue but I feel like I should be supporting Sony on their good treatment of gamers over the last twelve months.
You sound at the point of no return to me so I say get one, It's a very good device and although you are of course at this stage paying a premium for the hardware over the next year or so your going to see less and less games released for the previous gen and more more released for this gen.
chase210 wrote:The last of us all but confirmed for a PS4 release.
I've been putting off playing my copy of The Last of Us for over four months now after the rumors started spreading around the net that this was in the works! I for one really hope this does indeed turn out as fact!
richie_in_japan

Post by richie_in_japan »

arry_g wrote:Now that PS4's are in stock locally I'm arguing with myself over whether or not to get one. The reason I held back was lack of games and that's still an issue but I feel like I should be supporting Sony on their good treatment of gamers over the last twelve months.
I'm in the same boat. Already set cash aside, they're in stock (and only £250 with current exchange rates), but the number of PS3 games unplayed from my Plus subscription and the lack of space under my telly have me still holding off. Might even make it to the first price drop/hardware revision at this rate!
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

So, despite the sixty plus games I've yet to play on the PS3 in my collection and the four hundred plus on the PC... I bought the PS4 on Friday. No regrets! I feel like I've done the right thing supporting and encouraging Sony's behaviour with my wallet but more importantly - I personally am happy with the device! I am happy with Infamous and Ground Zeroes. I am happy with Black Flag and how it performs on PS4 and the same for Tomb Raider and LEGO Marvel. Sure, I double dipped on the last three - I own all of them on PC already but they look close enough graphically to their PC counterparts that I don't care and they are all experiences I would rather have on a big telly with connectivity to friends who are less keen on PC gaming than myself.

The UI is thousand times better than the PS3's XMB but still feels like an evolution of that and it isn't as polluted by Ads as the 360 is. The speed of the machine is excellent. The graphics are what I would expect which I am happy about and on paper it can be assumed that better will come. I don't know about the friend stuff as I haven't really joined a party or played with friends yet. Perhaps some guys on here could rectify that one evening. Remote Play works almost flawlessly on my home network. Sure I paid a lot of money but I am happy with the purchase and that is good!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yay, that new toy buzz! :)
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Money well spent :)
Nearing the end of Imfamous, only got the story missions left to do, done everything else. Bit of a shame that each district plays out the same, smash the DUP centre, then do the same side missions every time. Seem to take ages levelling up unless you do the story, several times I've had loads of shards and nothing to buy with them.
Glad to be finally done with the Graffiti mini-game, that soon got boring.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Infamous SS is much shorter than the previous 2. And in the end, the story and karma stuff really let it down. Solid 8/10 though.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

arry_g wrote:The UI is thousand times better than the PS3's XMB but still feels like an evolution of that and it isn't as polluted by Ads as the 360 is.
Just don't go on the recent activity feed then! :P