The Sony news and discussion thread

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
arry_g

Re: PlayStation 4

Post by arry_g »

ratsoalbion wrote:The inability to pause downloads matters not one jot to me, I've barely if ever used that feature on any other machine. Obviously it'd be preferable if it was there (and it's weird that it isn't) but I'm sure there are other features I'd prioritise.
I share this sentiment but can appreciate why those who did rely on this feature for bandwidth conservation/download management might miss it.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

arry_g wrote:
ratsoalbion wrote:The inability to pause downloads matters not one jot to me, I've barely if ever used that feature on any other machine. Obviously it'd be preferable if it was there (and it's weird that it isn't) but I'm sure there are other features I'd prioritise.
I share this sentiment but can appreciate why those who did rely on this feature for bandwidth conservation/download management might miss it.
Yes indeed, fair point.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yeah, I guess to some it seems trivial. But I avoid having more than one thing downloading at once on my PS4 for that very reason. It's not often I use the "pause download" function on my PS3, but it's there when I need to. So for me, having that choice on PS4 is far more appealing than any Share functionality. I don't use that button on my pad at all, I can see why it appeals to people. But it's not for me.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

It'd matter if you had my Internet connection. :!:
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Aye, point taken.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Well, this seems to be a bit of a ball-ache.
Those who test out Sony's upcoming racing game DriveClub for free-ish via its PlayStation Plus edition will be delighted to know that they can purchase the rest of the game's content in a single £42.99 / €49.99 / $49.99 upgrade.

They will be less delighted to know that they'll lose access to all of this content if their PlayStation Plus subscription is no longer in play.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... us-edition
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

dezm0nd wrote:Well, this seems to be a bit of a ball-ache.
Those who test out Sony's upcoming racing game DriveClub for free-ish via its PlayStation Plus edition will be delighted to know that they can purchase the rest of the game's content in a single £42.99 / €49.99 / $49.99 upgrade.

They will be less delighted to know that they'll lose access to all of this content if their PlayStation Plus subscription is no longer in play.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014- ... us-edition
Oh dear! I might not care about this game in the slightest but this is not good news for those that do and I fear might instigate a bit of a backlash.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

I can definitely see a U-Turn coming on that decision. They'll get torn apart. That upgrade fee is far too high for the repercussions that follow when letting your PS+ subscription lapse. If it was £20-£25 it would be better, but £43 is more than you'd be paying outright for a retail copy!
If this is the way they intend to push PS+ forwards then they're in for a surprise.
Alex79

Re: PlayStation Vita

Post by Alex79 »

So I'm about 90 minutes in to Persona 4 Golden. Is there an actual game coming at some point...? I think I've pressed a button maybe 4 or 5 times so far....
Beck

Post by Beck »

It takes about ten hours but eventually you have to use the d pad ;)
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Actually the button pressing is the one (tiny insignificant) thing I think I could criticise the game for, most games of the storytelling ilk let you use the touch screen rather than pressing X a thousand times during a conversation, slightly alleviating finger fatigue, but Persona doesn't. I think it's a minor oversight when porting as some of the new features do allow touch screen usage.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I just checked the option that made conversation automatically flow rather than having to press X at the end of every sentence.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Yeah it's way too slow and you have to press X half the time anyway at different conversation points.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Today they have announced that if you upgrade as a PS+ member, you will keep all the content should your subscription expire.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Downloaded Stick It To The Man, bit mental so far but it seems decent enough. Deleted Don't Starve, just don't get it. Merc Kings has gone as well, that was a right letdown. Comparisons to Metal Slug did it no favours, as it's nowhere near as fun as any of them. A utter chore to play.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Three hours in and I'm still waiting for the game to start. Someone tell me this isn't it!? Because it's barely passing as an interactive story at the moment!!
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Dont worry it really gets going at the 10 hour mark ;) ,but yeah Persona is a 80 hours game so it's a slow burner but the beginning can be very very slow if you're expecting well stuff to happen,you will get to the point where the game will click with you and things will start happening but this depends if you have the patience to get there,my advice would be trying to play a few in game days before you go to sleep everyday so that way you dont get as tired of nothing happening for 3 hours straight until the plot and the game starts to get going.
kappisun

Post by kappisun »

Stick with it guys. It's an excellent game
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Just ordered Persona for £12. Never played the series, but it gets high praise, so can't go wrong at that price.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah it's starting to get better now. Do you have to invest much time in fusing Personas though, it all looks really confusing >_<