Videogame News

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Re: Videogame News

Post by Alex79 »

Haven't watched that yet but I did see earlier it doesn't seem as though Taylor was being entirely honest about what she was offered. Seems as though it was originally 10k. Regardless of whether that's 'enough' or not, it's definitely not what she originally said. I don't think either side looks good.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

She was offered close to $15k in total, as per sources.
Rhaegyr

Post by Rhaegyr »

Reviews are dropping for Bayonetta 3 and it looks and sounds pretty great - quite a relief after Platinum's recent stumbles.

Can't wait!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Sad news this morning that the legendary Rieko Kodama (as mentioned on our new Sonic 2 podcast, among others), has passed away at 59.
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/15 ... gEtVo-5QIw

First time I've heard Phil say that Game Pass is profitable for them.
Rhaegyr

Post by Rhaegyr »

ratsoalbion wrote: October 27th, 2022, 8:44 am Sad news this morning that the legendary Rieko Kodama (as mentioned on our new Sonic 2 podcast, among others), has passed away at 59.
Really gutted about this one - Skies of Arcadia and Phantasy Star IV are two of the best RPGs I've ever played, particularly the former.

59 is no age at all.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Correction to my original post: I believe Kodama was 58 when she died back in May.
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

Rhaegyr wrote: October 27th, 2022, 11:07 am Really gutted about this one - Skies of Arcadia and Phantasy Star IV are two of the best RPGs I've ever played, particularly the former.

59 is no age at all.
Phantasy Star IV is one of my favourites and I didn't even play it until 2007, sad news indeed.
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

https://www.eurogamer.net/frontier-endi ... er-release

Surprised to see this given Frontier normally support their games for months, if not years after released but I guess it's different for an annual title like this.
Will Marley

Post by Will Marley »

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/statu ... 5281122306

"Former Bayonetta actress Hellena Taylor, who asked fans to boycott Bayonetta 3 in a video that was later proven to be misleading, has posted a list of charities to which she would like fans to instead donate. The list includes a Kentucky group that runs anti-abortion billboards."
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Will Marley wrote: October 28th, 2022, 5:33 pm
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/statu ... 5281122306

"Former Bayonetta actress Hellena Taylor, who asked fans to boycott Bayonetta 3 in a video that was later proven to be misleading, has posted a list of charities to which she would like fans to instead donate. The list includes a Kentucky group that runs anti-abortion billboards."
What a fucking car crash this all is.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I'm increasingly pleased that they replaced her now.
Will Marley

Post by Will Marley »

This whole story reinforces the importance of waiting for the facts to emerge before attempting to shame people. I hope lessons are learnt.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Very good point.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Will Marley wrote: October 29th, 2022, 8:48 am This whole story reinforces the importance of waiting for the facts to emerge before attempting to shame people. I hope lessons are learnt.
Indeed.
ThirdDrawing

Post by ThirdDrawing »

ratsoalbion wrote: October 28th, 2022, 9:42 pm I'm increasingly pleased that they replaced her now.
So you chastise me because I called someone a name, but rub your hands with glee when someone loses their job.

If you want people to behave a certain way on your site, then lead by example and don't be a hypocrite.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Except that's not what I did, and it's not the same as what you did, but crack on.
Will Marley

Post by Will Marley »

ThirdDrawing wrote: October 29th, 2022, 7:13 pm So you chastise me because I called someone a name, but rub your hands with glee when someone loses their job.
I understand you feel a bit daft for planting your flag too soon but it's an easy mistake to make in the current climate. Maybe you'll pause for thought in future, maybe not. Either way, it takes very little to hold your hands up and nobody would hold anything against you. That's the way to restart the conversation.

I won't address your actual response because you clearly still feel sore but please don't make the same mistake twice and flounce.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

James Stephanie Sterling on the whole, unfortunate Bayonetta shit show (for the third week in a row):

Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

£530 for the PS VR 2 then :O