Our Patreon

Here's where you can leave us any comments, questions and feedback for our exclusive Patreon feed podcasts
MrFox

Re: Our Patreon

Post by MrFox »

Thanks for the feedback, folks; putting the Patreon email link into MacOS Podcasts app worked perfectly, so hopefully that now syncs to everything else.
Suits

Post by Suits »

How’s this all panning out then guys ??

I mean since the new tier and the palava of subscribers having to go in, delete, re-set up, then adjust further from there (in some instances).
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Suits wrote: January 27th, 2020, 10:39 am How’s this all panning out then guys ??

I mean since the new tier and the palava of subscribers having to go in, delete, re-set up, then adjust further from there (in some instances).
So far, so good. The Patreon has seen a healthy increase, although there are still over a hundred people still on the one-dollar tier so there's still work to be done in getting the message through them. We'll be addressing this in the next monthly which will be put out for both tiers.
Suits

Post by Suits »

👍🏽
TheEmailer

Post by TheEmailer »

Hey. Not sure where else to ask...

Is it just me or does the forum keep changing colour scheme?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

It's not just you. In a different thread it was mentioned that the old theme wasn't compatible with an update to the forum software. The blue was the default it reverted to, and I believe Jay has since changed it to this current one.
FemalePheromones

Post by FemalePheromones »

Alex79uk wrote: March 14th, 2020, 2:35 pm It's not just you. In a different thread it was mentioned that the old theme wasn't compatible with an update to the forum software. The blue was the default it reverted to, and I believe Jay has since changed it to this current one.
Is it weird how used to it I am already?
TheEmailer

Post by TheEmailer »

Standard reactionary "i don't like change" post. (to be clear I don't care)
countstex

Post by countstex »

Finally got myself over to the $2 setup. Sorry for the few months of missed income guys! Hopefully people have been understanding and you've managed to increase your in-comings, if I still earnt what I did back in England you'd be getting more ;)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Bless you Steve!

Yes, the price change has worked quite well for us, thank you - although we’re still keen to persuade the thousands of listeners who don’t currently subscribe to join in of course.
countstex

Post by countstex »

Good to hear, you guys deserve it! Although these days I find my time such that I rarely get to listen to more than the monthly update podcast, but that alone is worth $2 to me so I'm a happy camper :D
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Even if there wasn't a podcast, I'd be more than happy paying my subs just for the forum. Not that I want the podcast to go anywhere!!
frogbeastegg

Post by frogbeastegg »

I joined the patreon in December, and also wanted to say thank you. Well, I guess if one of those two things is going to take months longer than the other I picked the right one. Life!

Thank you, Cane and Rinse crew past and present. Your podcast is the most enjoyable I've listened to. I've tried many of the other big gaming and retro podcasts and not a one has measured up to your level. The amount of work which goes into each episode really does show. The mix of subject-oriented chat, positivity, and thoughtful criticism is pretty unique, the range of games covered incredible. When something isn't liked, you articulate why. Likewise when something is adored; sometimes blind adoration or nostalgia is as meaningless as bile. The more global perspective is highly welcome too. Our PAL sufferings so often go forgotten!

On a more personal note, your episodes helped me to get through the exhausting, isolating period where I cared for my parents, one eventually terminal and one thankfully recovered. So many parts of my life needed to go on hold but for a couple of hours each week I had a much-needed window back into this hobby. I told myself that when I went back to work (and had settled the boring adult things) I'd chip in a bob or two in return. That happened to coincide with the change to episode availability.

Thanks, too, for being a group of weaksauce leftie SJWs, or whatever it was that absurd review called you when the term it actually wanted was "normal people". I'm a lady gamer; the number of podcasts I've bailed on ...

Three review: needs more Metroid
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Great post, very touching and I recognised plenty in what you said. Welcome to the forums!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

🥰
KissMammal

Post by KissMammal »

Hey guys, I've been a bit out of the loop and just noticed that I am no longer receiving new episodes via the Patreon RSS link. The last episode available is from Dec 19... I've tried unsubbing/resubbing using the link on the Patreon page but still nothing... Am I doing something wrong?
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Are you on the new tier or are you still on the $1 one? We upped our basic tier to $2 at the beginning of the year and all the podcasts now go through that one.
Toon Scottoon

Post by Toon Scottoon »

Just wanted to say that the last few episodes I've listened to, in particular the Axiom Verge episode, and the two Sound of Play's with Tom Quillfeldt have had a great vibe to them. A little more loose than the show can sometimes be, but in a very heartfelt way. When the current crisis is over, we're going to need that TQuill party mix. Thanks to the entire Cane and Rinse crew for doing terrific work.
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

KissMammal wrote: April 27th, 2020, 2:39 am Hey guys, I've been a bit out of the loop and just noticed that I am no longer receiving new episodes via the Patreon RSS link. The last episode available is from Dec 19... I've tried unsubbing/resubbing using the link on the Patreon page but still nothing... Am I doing something wrong?
Hi there, yeah I just realised I've been having the same issue too since January 1st. Hadn't noticed because I still had the standard non-Patron feed working but seems that Podcast Addict isn't importing any shows since the clock struck 12 on Dec 31st 2019.

I wonder if I need to tick the box and do 'Authentification (Premium podcast)' but I've tried a few of my usual passwords and logins and that doesn't seem to work either?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

You just need to switch over to the new tier on the Patreon page. Might be worth deleting the podcast feed from your player too and re-adding from the link on your Patron account page, you shouldn't need to do this but it wouldn't hurt if you're having issues.