Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
JaySevenZero
Admin

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by JaySevenZero »

Also a good place to remind anyone who might be interested that this is also out there and, in my opinion, is definitely worth a watch if you groove with the world of Cyberpunk.

JaySevenZero
Admin

Re: Cyberpunk 2077

Post by JaySevenZero »

Couldn't be bothered waiting for the possibility of a new game plus dropping for CP 2077 so I've started a third playthrough and I'm determined I'm gonna get that platinum with this one.

Also, the ending credits for Phantom Liberty has, in my opinion, a superb Bondesque theme imbued with shades of David Arnold and Thom Yorke.

Alex79

Re: Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Post by Alex79 »

Does anyone know how far in to the main storyline I am at the moment, or if it's close to the end?

The story mission I just did is...
Spoiler: show
The guy you're working with wants to sneak on to an airship to speak with the sister of someone and you have to kill three snipers. It ends with a fight with Oda or someone (I've kind of not followed the story very well due to big gaps between playing). Then I'm holed up at a motel and a messenger comes to say the sister wants to meet me.

Any ideas? I've done most side stuff, think I've finished Judy and Panam's storylines and this is the only main objective I've got available at the moment aside from one other mission where it says I need to wait for someone to contact me.
Thanks!
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

I know the mission, in my last playthrough I'd say this was about two thirds or three quarters of the way through the base campaign (dependant on whether you've done all the gigs/side jobs/ scanner hustles).
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

JaySevenZero wrote: November 4th, 2023, 12:56 am I know the mission, in my last playthrough I'd say this was about two thirds or three quarters of the way through the base campaign (dependant on whether you've done all the gigs/side jobs/ scanner hustles).
Thanks - I did play some more last night and when I arrived at the hotel to meet the woman it said I was at the point of no return, so I carried on and am now set on a track to end the game I think (which is fine). I feel like I did a lot of side stuff but there was still more to do which is good because it means there's still a decent second playthrough available to me at some point. I've enjoyed this game - I don't think it reaches the heights of the Witcher 3 for me, although it's not a very useful comparison to make as they're totally different games, but I can't help ranking things against each other!
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Whilst I was really hoping for a new game plus being added in this final update, I'm still stoked enough with these new additions to be up for another replay soon.
Pconpi

Post by Pconpi »

Just finished the Phantom Liberty main story (at least one path) and have had such a good time. I love the stories CDPR have told in this game and appreciate the quality in the writing and performances. The ways the story is told has so many layers of engagement to it and the quality in all the layers is what impresses me. There is the initial dialogue from a more traditional quest giver and the optional dialogue that fleshes out the scenario, the phone calls and texts from your contacts, the optional data shards that shed more light and are posited as text chains or emails, there are ambient conversations by NPCs in a locale that can reveal more, and the environmental storytelling with the architecture and visual design is my favorite, Night City is incredible and a most memorable video game location for me. There was a moment after I had wrapped up a dialogue tree with Solomon and Alex where I could have walked out of the bar, but I lingered and those two characters proceeded to continue to talk to each other and flesh out their back stories more. Part of me feels a sense of waste for these optional moments but I guess there is so much work in video games that goes unnoticed and unappreciated but subtlety adds to the overall vibe/feel/atmosphere when playing it. And, when I do capture or notice those moments there is a little spark of excitement of discovery and appreciation of the depth of these creations.