Street Fighter IV

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
James

Re: Our next podcast recording (1.2.19) - 355: Street Fighter IV series

Post by James »

Nice comeback! :-D
It's certainly been great going back to SFIV in prep for the show. I've been reminded of one or two things I've missed with SFV.
Alex79

Re: Our next podcast recording (1.2.19) - 355: Street Fighter IV series

Post by Alex79 »

Street Fighter IV was the first game in the main series I'd played since the Megadrive release of Super Street Fighter. For some reason, and I'm still not sure why as I've never been a huge one on one fighting game guy, I went all in and bought one of the fancy Madcatz fight sticks to go with it. I think it just looked so incredible, all these characters I'd loved as a kid back in HD and looking amazing. It remains one of the few games I was ever able to play with my son and feel somewhat evenly matched. I stick my health on minimum, his on maximum and we would actually get some decent games, both of us mashing the buttons and occasionally somehow pulling off ultra moves. I tried to play online, too. Big mistake. Nothing much as soul destroying as losing 100 games, quite literally, in a row. The only character I ever really 'mastered' was Ryu, and by mastered I mean learn the moves and combos and actually manage to hold my own against the AI with on the standard difficulty. But online was something else. I remember the sheer elation I felt when I finally won a match. Just the one, mind. It really is a marvelous game, catering to both the hardcore and casual button badgers, but it's just not one that's as much fun in single player so I never got that much out of it really.

THREE WORD REVIEW: HADOKEN.... You lose...!