Shmups

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future.
clippa

Re: Shmups

Post by clippa » September 14th, 2019, 2:27 am

You'll be able to watch that cave announcement here at 6am on sunday in the UK (I think I've got that right, 15th 2pm japan time)

I'm setting myself up for a fall, I know. Can't help but get excited though. Small case eek, just two e's.

edit: Cave employee speaking about the ios games
[1:40 AM] Shootaro/CAVE-le TV: This is just a beginning. Not just mobile games. Wait for further news
It's on! It's on!

QP Shooting Dangerous and the sequel Xmas Shooting Scramble both on sale. I remember finding it a bit of a headache cycling through the different shot types. I never got 100% comfortable with that I don't think, but the games are great fun.

hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist » September 14th, 2019, 8:17 am

FullBlast - new assessment

Played this again today with the boy watching me and whooping & cheering (I don’t usually get away with that) using clippa’s farm machinery which makes a huge difference.

It is very easy. It is a very easy platinum (I got it after 5 levels lol) and it’s bland, same environments and music. I smash through levels without getting hit. But I don’t care whatsoever if it’s baby’s first shmup because it was fun! And the budget vibe is endearing somehow. I’m gonna finish it fully (still got a few levels left) and probably do it on Vita too.

Arcade stick makes a world of difference to any shmup man, as long as the ship feels good to fly & shoot, and it does in this. Decent upgrade system too. Pretty shocked I’m coming back and saying this tbh but what the hell, playing it today with the boy has made me feel good. Woo!

Also I played Rolling Gunner for the first time in ages last night, reminding me just how incredible that game is in every way. Anyone who hasn’t got it, you’re missing out!

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk » September 14th, 2019, 9:36 am

Yeah I played some of that Full Blast this morning. I didn't really like it. It wasn't offensively bad, just boring. I only played a couple of levels and got about six trophies!

clippa

Post by clippa » September 14th, 2019, 4:13 pm

Good to see I'm not the only one getting excited. That makes me feel a lot less of a silly turnip in a dress.
hazeredmist wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 8:17 am
using clippa’s farm machinery which makes a huge difference.
There is definitely something in that. Playing certain games can feel so different depending on what input device you're using, and I'm not just talking about the obvious differences.
Even if the game plays identically on mouse/keyboard/pad, or pad/keyboard/stick, the games can feel very different. What might be boring on one might feel a bit more engaging on the other, for example. I've discovered that recently with a few games. Very interesting, professor.

I looked up that EDF game you were on about, a 1cc on youtube lasted 40 minutes! That's a long old game right there. It looks alright, might give it a try when I'm stuck for something to play.

I mentioned it in the high score thread already, but I tried this cave/touhou mashup called "Dodonpachi Daiueiku" the other day and it's really good - https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0ByYUX7n9 ... t=download

clippa

Post by clippa » September 15th, 2019, 2:16 am

1 hour and 45 minutes to go.

Bring the joy ikeda-san!

Official clippa™ prediction is mahou otome for switch or steam or both, sdoj for steam, or an announcement for a game or two on the exa platform considering they met with them a while back. Anything that isn't a total anti climax is the dream.

clippa

Post by clippa » September 15th, 2019, 3:51 am

Hold me.

Currently playing: Japanese nerd version of greensleeves, still shots of cameltoe cycling shorts models backed by a chip-tune.