Dark Souls III - Cane and Rinse 361

Archives for issues 351 - 400
JaySevenZero
Admin

Dark Souls III - Cane and Rinse 361

Post by JaySevenZero » April 1st, 2019, 2:54 pm

"Ashen One, hearest thou my voice still?”

In March 2016, FromSoftware released Dark Souls III, their fourth game in the space of little more than two years. Jacob, James, Jon and Josh delve into the darkest catacombs of Carthus and climb to the loftiest spires of Irithyll to discover whether such quick cycles of iteration are a recipe for sequel success or franchise failure.

Music used in this issue:

1. . Main Theme by Yuka Kitamura
2. Epilogue (Ending Credits, The Ringed City) by Yuka Kitamura

Cane and Rinse 361 was edited by Jay Taylor.

Remember, you can get an extended Cane and Rinse podcast a week early by supporting our Patreon for just $1 a month

You can subscribe using iTUNES or use our RSS FEED, or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.

InsrtCoins

Re: Dark Souls III - Cane and Rinse 361

Post by InsrtCoins » April 2nd, 2019, 10:45 pm

Gotta say -- I side with Jacob 100% in the DS3 debate. I like all of the references to past Dark Souls stuff in this game precisely because it doesn't make sense. To me, Dark Souls is less of a world being built than a story being told. Like myth, details warp and shift in the telling. Dark Souls 3's blending of worlds read more, to me, like the structure of language and narrative breaking down and folding in on itself. I don't care how lands "migrated" into one spot as much as I'm interested in the "idea" of Anor Londo and the myths surrounding it twisting and distorting in this world of myth. It's like a story being told by a rapidly declining storyteller, the weight of myth buckling under its own weight.

I notice y'all didn't mention the canonical Souls game that came out between Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3, though -- the immediate prequel published by Bandai Namco, Slashy Souls.