Super Mario Maker 2 - **1st Page For Community Level Codes**

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
Suits

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - **1st Page For Community Level Codes**

Post by Suits »

I have made my first World in Super Mario Maker 2.

It's only one World, with four levels and a Boss Castle (thats the limit by the way).

There's a few new levels I have specifically made for this and a few of the popular ones from my previous levels.

I've tried to keep a theme and a style to go along with the World spirit.

If you're my friend on a game system level, you can find and play it from my creators profile, if you're not and you'd like to give it a go, then this is my creators ID is : 8V1-0KV-QYG

These are traditional platform levels, with a few puzzles in and amongst it.

Probably Medium to Advanced difficulty.

I'd really like to hear any feedback on whether people enjoyed it or where I can make it more fun.

Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

My son has just gleefully told me that my copy of SMM2 has arrived this morning for my birthday in a couple of weeks.

Might just make sure it's all updated and check it works before then, though.

:lol:

EDIT: Ah 5 level limits per world then, Suits? I was going to ask if there were limits on level sizes or world sizes etc. Just had an idea, wouldn't it be cool if you could also add mini bonus stages like the card memory game and chest selection from SMB3 etc.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Alex79uk wrote: April 26th, 2020, 12:47 pm EDIT: Ah 5 level limits per world then, Suits? I was going to ask if there were limits on level sizes or world sizes etc. Just had an idea, wouldn't it be cool if you could also add mini bonus stages like the card memory game and chest selection from SMB3 etc.
Yes, five per World, but you can have up to 8 Worlds.

That’s a lot of levels. It takes me hours and hours to make levels.

Oh, and yeah, the bonus mini stages you talk of - they’re in there alright, new ones too 😎😎.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I got this game this morning, I think the kids were most excited, but how does it work with adding friends, will my Nintendo friends I've added via code automatically show up so I can look at levels they've made or do I need to add everyone seperately just for this game with different IDs? Ta!
Suits

Post by Suits »

Alex79uk wrote: May 5th, 2020, 10:49 am I got this game this morning, I think the kids were most excited, but how does it work with adding friends, will my Nintendo friends I've added via code automatically show up so I can look at levels they've made or do I need to add everyone seperately just for this game with different IDs? Ta!
Good news man, I hope you all get something out of it.

Yeah, so ideally you pass around your creator code, which people then follow (star) and get updates of new levels. It won't import your system level friends sadly.

However, another more common method is by searching for someones level you want to play and if you know them, or enjoy their levels, give their profile a follow from that level.

It sucks, but it kinda works pretty well overall I feel.
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

I finally got Super Mario Maker 2 this week and just spent 4 hours making my first course. It's called DRIPPY WOODS!

The ID is P3R-4HF-G9G.

Keen to try all your stuff out, especially Suits' complete world!
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

So far I cleared Suits' Roy's Retreat stage (and got the world record, despite being locked in a small space with a mushroom spawning pipe for a while after the boss fight) and took an early stab at Super Suits World's first stage.

I got to the bit with the Link costume, but I died in a stupid way before I figured out how to use bombs. Really liked the use of the Super Mario Land flower, too!

Great stuff, looking forward to catching up on everyone's courses in here. I can see myself getting into this whole Super Mario Maker thing all over again.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Michiel K wrote: June 12th, 2020, 12:16 pm So far I cleared Suits' Roy's Retreat stage (and got the world record, despite being locked in a small space with a mushroom spawning pipe for a while after the boss fight)....
Ah, greed got the better of you did it .......... :twisted:
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Haha, I didn't know if I have another boss fight waiting for me!
Suits

Post by Suits »

I made a new level.

Simpler this time, just straight forward platforming, low difficulty.

QRW-TRC-D0G
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

^^^^Played that, that was fun.

I've made a few courses since the first one I posted and you can follow my profile for those, but would like to bring special attention to this shoot 'em up level that I've worked on for days:

LFM-PV3-40G
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Really enjoyed that. First stage is brutal, the music block section can be total chaos, but once I got past that, it was really good fun. Great boss fights!
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Thanks, Stan! I love the laser mechakoopas :P

Definitely agree on the music block section, things can get unhinged fast there. The final boss fight is maybe a bit too much, but I wanted it to feel like a proper sweaty handpalms inducing shoot 'em up boss.

EDIT: Also, I've just uploaded my W-1. You can access it through my maker profile. I think it's a fun playthrough. Next project is a proper W-2. I think I'm going for the Desert theme, like how W-2 in Super Mario 3 was a desert.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I got Super Mario Maker 2 back in May for my birthday, but for some reason or another, I've not touched it yet. The kids have had a play on it, downloading levels, and I had the odd go on a few with them, but not really sat down with it and played it properly till today.

Only been playing an hour or so, but I love it! I'm working through the story mode which seems to be also a tutorial for how things work and stuff, and can't wait to try making some levels. I've got much more ideas than skill though, so we'll see how it goes!

How is the level editing? Is there a decent tutorial for actually building levels and stuff? I'm sure it's been done before but I'm planning a kind of 'Evolution of Mario' type thing, and I'd love to be able to make some stuff with the Zelda pack too.

Can't wait to get really stuck in to this now. What with this and Judgement on the PS4 that Kurt kindly lent me (and I've played for about 4 hours already today!) I'm going to be constantly torn between the two!
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

I haven't touched SMM2 after I finished my W1. Would love to go back to it, but I'm in the level design phase of my own video game, so that takes precedence, naturally.

I think there is a tutorial that'll pop up the first time you start on the level editor. It's surface level, but then you can go deeper with a lot of extra tutorial chapters.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

It was listening to the CaR episode you hosted that got me to finally get around to playing the game actually!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Had a look at some levels people had made online (just random ones, not from people on this forum) and it's so hard just to find some decent Mario levels that aren't either deliberately insane difficulty or a gimmick level. I'm not keen on the puzzles levels, just want to play Mario!

The search function is dire, I mean you can even bring up, say, a list of the top ten rated levels of all time. That just seems standard...
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Alex79uk wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 2:54 pm It was listening to the CaR episode you hosted that got me to finally get around to playing the game actually!
Oh nice! :)

Play my levels, I promise you they strive to be some good old (and new) Mario. :P
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Ah cool, I'll have a look :)

I've just uploaded my first course. Very short and easy, first try and not watched the tutorials yet, mind!

5CJ-XF2-RCG
Michiel K

Post by Michiel K »

Great, I'll give it a spin next time I turn the game on!