Ninjala (Nintendo Switch)

Here's where you can arrange meet-ups and game nights on the platform of your choice.
Alex79uk

Ninjala (Nintendo Switch)

Post by Alex79uk »

Ninjala, a new (free to play) multiplayer battle game, launched yesterday on Nintendo Switch. Anyone played it yet, or planning on playing it? I've just played two matches, and it seems fun. I'd say though it's either quite confusing, or extremely basic - I'm undecided! On the surface it appears very straightforward, you play as a gun-chewing ninja kid who builds up a gum meter to unleash various attacks, but there's an initially confusing parry system when two players collide which I've not really figured out yet.

It's primarily melee based, and the standard mode is an 8 person 'all against all' type affair. There's wall running, double jumping, dashing and other stuff. It all looks very bubblegum-pop pleasing to the eye, a bit Splatoon, a bit Fortnite maybe. Anyway, it seems like it might be a fun game, depends how deep it gets and if there's much more to do aside from smacking the shit out of each other with sticks.

Worth having a look, at least.

EDIT: Probably should have mentioned: the game is free.

dezm0nd

Re: Ninjala (Nintendo Switch)

Post by dezm0nd »

They've certainly done a good job at making it look like a modern Nintendo game. It looks a bit Splatoon, a bit ARMs and a bit New Donk City.

I don't think i'll be checking it out but good luck to 'em with their game

Stanshall

Re: Ninjala (Nintendo Switch)

Post by Stanshall »

I'll defo give it a whirl but I'm not excited by the melee combat, to be honest. I don't think melee works very well with PvP, in my experience, but I'll look forward to being proven wrong! The aesthetic is spot on as Dez says.