Games Completed 2022

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
markfm007

Re: Games Completed 2022

Post by markfm007 »

markfm007 wrote: October 31st, 2022, 9:11 pm Jan 7th - Little Nightmares 2
Jan 15th - Final Fantasy IX
Feb 3rd - Deathloop
April 29th - Last of Us Remastered
June 1st - Marvel's Spider-Man
June 30th - Elden Ring
July 15th - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
July 30th - What Remains of Edith Finch
August 7th - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
August 21st - God of War HD
September 9th - God of War 2 HD
September 27th - God of War 3 Remastered
October 9th - Super Mario Galaxy HD
October 31st - Devil May Cry 5 SE
November 5th - DmC Devil May Cry: DE
November 6th - A Plague Tale: Innocence
November 29th - Super Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury

3D World
Pretty good! I like the 2D/3D design. Levels feel like ornate puzzle boxes, like the toy castles and houses I played with as a kid. Picking apart each level for hidden platforms and nooks was very satisfying. There’s a Fez-like quality to how the game plays with perspective. Each level is perfectly sized into a few bite sized chunks, and easy to replay and look for the stars you missed.

I did have a few issues, mostly with camera perspective and auto-scrolling levels. Generally I liked the puzzle focused levels more than the platforming or speed focused ones. Can’t see myself 100% this game as it’s pretty large, but I’ll probably jump back in for some of the bonus levels.

Bowser’s Fury
Also pretty good! As much as I liked the level construction of 3DW, getting a bigger world with full camera control felt great. It’s definitely my preferred style for Mario, and there’s a nice variety of challenges here.

BF feels like a fairly chunky DLC, taking the 3DW mechanics and powers, and mapping them onto a small to medium sized open area. The ‘fury’ aspect is a nice idea but quickly grew tedious. It’s too chaotic to really go for that risk reward aspect. I did enjoy the supersize Godzilla fights though. The best aspects of this game were the 3D platforming challenges, so it’s definitely got me excited to play Odyssey.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Spoiler: show
03/01 - Halo 3: ODST (Master Chief Collection)
06/01 - Halo 3 (Master Chief Collection)
09/01 - Hotshot Racing
25/01 - Halo 4 (Master Chief Collection)
29/01 - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
03/02 - Heavenly Sword
05/02 - Need for Speed: Carbon (Battle Royale)
09/02 - Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
20/02 - ICO
24/02 - Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD
25/02 - Halo 5: Guardians
05/03 - Asura's Wrath
09/03 - Shadow of the Colossus HD (Normal mode)
30/03 - Shadow of the Colossus HD (Hard mode)
30/03 - Forza Motorsport 3 (100%)
01/04 - Muramasa: The Demon Blade
11/04 - Forza Horizon 2 (100%)
17/04 - The Darkness
20/04 - The Darkness II
25/04 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Normal)
29/04 - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
29/04 - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (X360)
06/05 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Hard)
07/05 - Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
10/05 - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS2)
18/05 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Very Hard)
21/05 - Umurangi Generation Special Edition
27/05 - GRID Autosport
29/05 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Revengeance)
02/06 - Lost in Random
03/06 - Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
12/06 - Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix
13/06 - God Hand
25/06 - Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
28/06 - Gungrave
30/06 - Zone of the Enders HD
01/07 - The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
06/07 - Gungrave: Overdose
07/07 - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
15/07 - Bunjingai: The Forsaken City
23/07 - Leaving Lyndow
01/08 - Genji: Dawn of the Samurai
01/08 - Eastshade
17/08 - The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (Dark Athena version)
26/08 - Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005)
30/08 - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion – Knights of the Nine
04/09 - Submerged: Hidden Depths
05/09 - Killer is Dead (Very Hard)
23/09 - Ghost Rider
11/10 - The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
15/10 - Toren
26/10 - The Elder Scrolls III: Tribunal
27/10 - Close to the Sun
31/10 - Silent Hill
05/11 - Burnout Revenge (Elite Rank/all GPs complete)
11/11 - Darksiders Warmastered Edition (Apocalyptic)
13/11 - Burnout Dominator
18/11 - The Elder Scrolls III: Bloodmoon
24/11 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Special Edition
28/11 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn
30/11 - Burnout Legends (PSP)

Didn't really plan on finishing this. Was just fiddling around with it again, and it turns out the game is very short. Or at least it allows you to progress through the career very quickly without having a high completion percentage. It's a fine game. Plays like Burnout 3, so it's solid. And it's cool to play a game with those mechanics on tracks from older games. Although some of the ones from the first game don't really stand up that well. It also lacks a good sense of speed and the graphics are rather rough, albeit not terrible. It does seem to be rather buggy though. I kept getting certain parts of the audio cutting out during a race. I appreciate that even though it has Crash mode, it doesn't force you to engage with it to progress either. This game also shares a problem with Dominator in that takedowns are weirdly hard to do. At least this one is better about not putting traffic in all the most inconvenient spots though.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

(Jan) Terminator Resistance(platinum) - PS5.
(Jan) Call of Duty: Cold War - Series X.
(Jan) Dishonored 2 - PS5.
(Jan) Aliens: Fireteam Elite - Series X.
(May) State of Decay 2 - Series X.
(June) Chorus - Series X.
(June) Shadow Warrior 3 - PS5.
(June) TMNT: Shredders Revenge - Series X.
(July) TMCC: Halo Reach - Series X.
(July) The Dark Pictures: Little Hope - PS5.
(July) Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - Series X.
(July) Far Cry 6 - Series X.
(July) Road 96(1000GS) - Series X.
(July) Trek to Yomi - Series X.
(July) Stray - PS5.
(July) Toy Soldiers: Cold War - Xbox 360.
(Aug) Avicii Invector - PS5.
(Sept) GRID Legends - Series X.
(Sept) Crossfire X(1000GS) - Series X.
(Sept) Metal Hellsinger - Series X.
(Oct) Bayonetta Remaster - Series X.
(Oct) Prodeus - Series X.
(Oct) Battle Islands - Series X.
(Oct) Tinykin - Series X.
(Oct) New Super Lucky's Tale - Series X.
(Oct) Dead Space 2 - Xbox 360.
(Oct) Scorn(1000GS) - Series X.
(Oct) Uncharted 4: LoTC - PS5.
(Oct) Final Fantasy VII Remake - PS5.
(Oct) Modern Warfare II - Series X.
(Nov) Somerville(1000GS) - Series X.
(Nov) As Dusk Falls - Series X.
(Nov) CoD Vanguard - Series X.
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

#16 - The Chant (PS5, 2022)

Well this game came out of freaking nowhere and impressed the heck outta me.

The Chant is a Canadian-made horror game created by former developers from Rockstar Vancouver (Bully) and United Front Games (Sleeping Dogs). This game had absolutely no press, and I only know of its existence from a passing mention on a "games coming out this week" list. But I was thrilled to be surprised.

This is a survival horror game, not disimilar to a Resident Evil sort of game, with a big space to explore, locked doors, cabinets and chests to loot ammo and healing items... It's a solid formula. What this game does different, however, is its subject matter - it's not about zombies, or demons, or one's inner trauma... It's set on an island in British Columbia, and it's all about cults and new age spiritualism. Without spoiling too much, the island's cult screws up a prayer ritual, and unlocks the gateway to a power beyond their control. You don't fight with guns and knives though - these are spiritual threats. You fight with burning sage, salt, and magic crystals.

Everything here is certified organic, in a great way. The narrative is a harsh indictment of cults, new age mysticism, and groupthink, but it's also not afraid to speculate that new age "spirit science" could be real. It's a totally different approach to horror, and something I found profoundly refreshing.

The game also looks amazing, with the high-end graphics you expect of the PS5 and a solid 60fps with no noticeable frame drops. The art direction is full of natural beauty, but also leans hard into the aesthetics of 60s and 70s new age movements (the island is home to a now-abandoned cult compound). The soundtrack is excellent, with droning 80s synth that sounds appropriately otherworldly.

The game's not perfect, though. It does suffer from some pacing issues, especially in its cinematics. Scenes cut suddenly a leave you a bit confused as to what just happened at times, and the game is not directed in a way that gives poignant moments time to breathe. It jumps right in, and it rolls at a breakneck pace. I deeply respect the restraint in limiting the game to a 6-hour run time - but I think another 20 minutes or so of additional cinematics would have let the emotional notes settle better than they did. Some may find the combat a bit clunky, and the scarcity of items will drive more action-oriented gamers insane, but if you know what you're getting into, I think you'll find the combat more than adequate.

Overall, this is a strong recommendation from me, and a serious consideration for my 2022 GOTY. It could use a bit of polish, sure, but what we have here is easily my favourite survival horror game since Resident Evil 2 in 2019. And the best part? This is a budget release. It has a $40 MSRP, but I have seen it on sale for $25. For a physical copy! And the game just came out Nov 3. Absolutely loved this one, go grab a copy if you like what you see.

&iso2022
Pconpi

Post by Pconpi »

The Chant sounds interesting, thanks for the recommendation. I like short games and ones set near my home :) Just finished Resident Evil Revelations on the 3DS and had a great time with it. Just a solid, action oriented, Resident Evil game. The setting of the cruise liner was claustrophobic and the plot and voice acting was perfectly cheesy and bonkers. The 3D effects had some fun moments and the dual screens work so well for Resident Evil games.
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

Pconpi wrote: December 5th, 2022, 4:16 pm The Chant sounds interesting, thanks for the recommendation. I like short games and ones set near my home :) Just finished Resident Evil Revelations on the 3DS and had a great time with it. Just a solid, action oriented, Resident Evil game. The setting of the cruise liner was claustrophobic and the plot and voice acting was perfectly cheesy and bonkers. The 3D effects had some fun moments and the dual screens work so well for Resident Evil games.

Revelations is a great time. Not the best Resident Evil, but probably like Top 10 for me. Revelations 2... That one doesn't quite stick the landing. It takes itself too seriously without earning that tone.

In looking for a copy of The Chant for a Crimbas gift for my brother, I have noticed it's actually sold out in quite a lot of places. Gamestop has it for in-stone pickup only, and Amazon has it on backorder. If you were wanting a physical copy, I might look at snagging one when you see it... The publisher is new and small, so I worry about their ability to do another run.
Pconpi

Post by Pconpi »

I was able to order it on Amazon here in Seattle, so make sure you get your sales commission ;) I’ll have to report back once I finish.

I had read that Revelations 2 actually improved on things in a couple reviews. But I feel I was mostly enjoying this through the lens of a 3DS title and would be let down by a console version when I could be playing another game, like The Chant.
Jon Cheetham

Post by Jon Cheetham »

Jon Cheetham wrote: November 1st, 2022, 5:30 am 1. Dark Souls Remastered (Switch) - 3rd Jan
2. Pyre (Steam) - 10th Jan
3. Disco Elysium (Switch) - 17th Jan
4. Deathloop (Steam) - 24 Jan
5. The Forgotten City (Steam) - 13 Feb
6. The Solitaire Conspiracy (Switch) - 14 Feb
7. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) - 19 Feb
8. A Short Hike (Switch) - 22 Feb
9. Elden Ring (PS4) - 10 April
10. Assassin’s Creed Odyssey: Expansions and DLC (PS4) - 22 Oct
11. Resident Evil Village: Shadows of Rose (PS4) - 31 Oct
12. Gears 5 (Series X) - 8th Dec

First completion on my new Series X. Really enjoyed checking out this long running franchise for the first time and I’ll be interested to try more of them. The characters are good and funny, the gunplay is A+, and although the middle “open” sections are quite padded generally it’s a fast paced and constantly fun game. Each shootout was enjoyable with lots of different tactical twists and the monster roster is excellent, somehow avoiding including any annoying enemies which so many games do with a bestiary this size. It also looks stunning throughout with really vivid environments. Favourite gun: Boltok.
DeadpoolNegative

Post by DeadpoolNegative »

Citizen Sleeper (XBox One, 5/8, 5/9, 10/29)- Thanks, XBox GamePass! I literally knew nothing about this game other than it was about having a small, working class job on a spaceport. I wound up falling in love with it almost immediately and it will likely be my favorite new game I've played this year.

What struck me most about the game was the way the Eye slowly reveals more and more of itself as you go on. The game is paced very well. It gives the player a good setup- if you don't get more of a certain drug, your Sleeper body will shut down- and the need to manage your energy along with the dice rolls is very propulsive.

You wake up, roll the dice, try to judge whether you have enough energy to take a high risk task or not. The Sleeper's own energies depletes with every task, and with every day. Early on you're often just barely head above water and the tension is absorbing.

I'm not going to pretend here- while I'm not rich, I've been pretty privileged, and I've never been in the sort of economic strata Gareth Damian Martin has been in- they were trying to communicate- successfully, I would say- what it's like being on the gig economy. I have a solid job, a supportive family. So while I'd say the game's pretty effective in its critique of capitalism- or rather, interplanetary capitalism- at the same time, once you get into a groove, a good gameplay loop of getting gigs, making money, and eventually discovering how to get enough of the aforementioned drug to survive- it almost makes the argument that thanks hard work and due diligence that the Sleeper can carve out a life for themselves. Maybe Capitalism isn't so bad after all?

Luckily, it's the rest of the characters that remind you this isn't a fairy tale. Criminals, corporations, police, doctors, workers just trying to get by and their children- every single one is well drawn. And good or bad, they are all stuck in this machine on the Eye. Every quest thread feels like a short novel, with plenty of empathy and depth for their characters. I can't believe this is all one person writing it.

Some of my favorite games- Bully Scholarship Edition, Grand Theft Auto IV and V, The Legend of Zelda, Marvel Ultimate Alliance- they occupy my mind when I'm NOT playing them through a quest line. When I'm working, when I'm doing anything else- my mind drifts back to them. I've only played 9 hours of Citizen Sleeper, but when I stop playing it, I'm still there. I keep wondering what Sleeper's next day will bring.

Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion (Xbox One, 5/16)- Thanks, XBox GamePass! An utterly bizarre quasi-parody of simplistic 8 bit quest games where the title character is a rebellious turnip in a whole world of strange food people, mainly vegetables. The gameplay is extremely simplistic and can be somewhat boring- but the more you play it, the more you learn that the world, perhaps, was not always like this. It's distracting enough, and it wraps up just before it begins to wear out its welcome, but perhaps I would feel differently were it not on GamePass.

Assassin's Creed Origins (XBox One, 6/26)- Thanks, XBox GamePass! I guess. Origins tells a somewhat interesting story hidden under an oppressive Witcher clone. I really loved the idea that the Assassin Order only started because Bayek and his son happened to be the wrong place at the wrong time. This centuries long war between the Templars and the Assassins was about one family's tragedy. And that the dissolution of Bayek and Aya's relationship was an unintended consequence. But while the game plays well, it's got too many missions, too many tangents, too many characters, too much STUFF. Ubisofization, people!And the contemporary story, introducing the "new desmond".... well, let's just say I'm not surprised where this character eventually ended up.

There's good character work and good acting. nice graphics. But at the halfway point I began to cease caring.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge- (XBox One, 6/27) Thanks, XBox GamePass! Seriously, thanks. What can I say about this game that hasn't already been said by everyone else? It's a wonderful tribute to the landmark arcade game, and a good game in its own right. Sure, it's not very long, but it doesn't wear out its welcome. It puts a smile on the face and a spring in the step.

Shakedown Hawaii (Nintendo 3DS, 7/22)- Retro City Rampage DX was aremendously fun tribute to 8-bit NES weirdness and classic Grand Theft Auto. It also had a bizarre story I'm not sure I completely understood. But again, who cares because it was fun to play.

The sequel, perhaps in keeping with how the original GTA games grew up with each game, is a more focused affair, with sharper, more satirical goals. Well, kinda. The protagonist is the burned out CEO of Feeble International (har har) who is divorced, has a worthless layabout kid, and is on the verge of bankruptcy.

Deciding to take control of his life, he tears up- Honolulu, I think?- buying up property, going on missions to take out criminal competitors. Scooter, his dumb son, and a henchman who specializes in international travel also figure into the plot. The game plays well enough, basic mechanics similar to Retro City Rampage. The property stuff is a new wrinkle, and there's a lot of things to do to make more and more money... however, there's not much of an incentive to.

You don't really NEED all that much money- weapons are easy enough to come by in the main missions, for example, and it only takes a few bought properties to generate yourself a steady income so you won't go broke. the game doesn't gate missions behind the amount of money you make so there's even less incentive.

The missions are well designed but lack the weirdness and crazy referencing of Retro City. That said, they also provide a slightly better challenge, I thought.

The majority of the imagination comes from the standard riches to even more riches plot, with taking pot shots at consumerism and upper middle class self absorption. I got a chuckle or two, but there's nothing here you haven't seen in the past few GTA games.

I think the problem with Shakedown Hawaii is that it's just too safe- the game never really throws you much of a curveball and the property management stuff feels unnecessary. I appreciated the neat look and liked going around its little world, but there wasn't much of an incentive to stay there.

As Dusk Falls (XBox One, 7/27) Thanks, XBox GamePass. I don't really have much to say about this one- it's not very good, the story that it tells had potential, and I appreciate that it has many perspectives and different paths, and most of all, it's very well acted, by a lot of familiar faces in gaming. But it also just wanders off on too many tangents, and depending on how you play the game, the character you play in the final parts has PTSD over events they may not have experienced.

And most infuriating of all- it is unfinished- the opening menu identifies that it has "Two books" and there's a large, empty space on the side, implying a "third book" and natch, the game picks up a subplot that's threaded through both books ends on a massive cliffhanger to nowhere. Poor form, Interior Night.

--Dan
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

I think you've sold me on Citizen Sleeper. I'm not normally one for games with much gameplay but I didn enjoy Disco Elysium so maybe should give this a go.
DeadpoolNegative

Post by DeadpoolNegative »

Citizen Sleeper certainly deserved the games with Impact award far more than As Dusk Falls did, I can tell you that much.

--Dan
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

Spoiler: show
Jan 23: Yakuza 3
Feb 12: Wonderful 101 Remastered
Mar 25: Freedom Planet
May 22: Psychonauts 2
July 24: Yakuza 4
Aug 13: A Hat in Time
Aug 14: Dragon Quest VIII
Sep 24: Moon RPG Remix Adventure
Oct 8: Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Nov 11: Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy
Nov 18: A Short Hike
Dec 10: Sackboy: A Big Adventure

This has been an extremely platformer heavy year for me but this will be my last one for 2022. And while it is not up to the heights of other 3D platformers that I have played such as Psychonauts 2 and A Hat in Time, this was still a solid title. Level design was really well put together and could be surprisingly tough at times. The little powerups such as the hookshot and boomerang were always nice ways to mix up the gameplay. Knitted Knight Trials were also some good tests of your platforming skills. However, it is here where the biggest fault of the game becomes apparent. The flutter jump feels really stodgy to use and is one of the moves that you cannot cancel out of so if you need to quickly jump on moving platforms you need to be really careful when to implement it and when not to. It was never something I could feel confident would work like you would get with moves in some other platformers. Also the knock-back from enemies felt like something out of a NES title and made avoiding enemies in narrow spaces a necessity if you wanted to avoid headaches. But apart from that, it is an exceptionally polished game with some of the loveliest visuals that I have seen in quite some time. While there are plenty of better platformers out there, this is also pleasant enough that I would recommend it for anyone who wants an enjoyable evening mucking around in pretty handcrafted worlds. If you are a fan of the genre, I recommend checking this one out.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Seconded. I got this for Christmas 2020 and had a really nice time with it.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

3 November: Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Arcade / Taka-Arashi (Xbox Series X)
9 November: Resident Evil Village - Shadows of Rose DLC (Xbox Series X)
20 November: Space Harrier II (Mega Drive Mini 2)
21 November: Panzer Dragoon Mini (Game Gear)
23 November: Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Arcade / Sarah Bryant (Xbox Series X)
26 November: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Mega Drive on Switch)
27 November: Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown - Arcade / Vanessa Lewis (Xbox Series X)

Picking the giant sumo guy was a happy mistake but I ended up right on his Virtua Fighter 5 wavelength before normal, more predictable (more voluptuous!) service resumed a couple of times later in the month! Fun time whatever though! Mind you, not as fun as Shadows of Rose; loved being back in my beloved Village but this DLC is a great bit of Resident Evil in its own right. The Space Harrier II remaster on my latest Mini giveth and taketh away but unfortunately it didn’t taketh away the stupid boss rush at the end. Never any need for a boss rush! Just glad Sonic 2 didn’t have one - that ending was rough enough as it was but what a game!
markfm007

Post by markfm007 »

markfm007 wrote: November 29th, 2022, 3:47 pm Jan 7th - Little Nightmares 2
Jan 15th - Final Fantasy IX
Feb 3rd - Deathloop
April 29th - Last of Us Remastered
June 1st - Marvel's Spider-Man
June 30th - Elden Ring
July 15th - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
July 30th - What Remains of Edith Finch
August 7th - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
August 21st - God of War HD
September 9th - God of War 2 HD
September 27th - God of War 3 Remastered
October 9th - Super Mario Galaxy HD
October 31st - Devil May Cry 5 SE
November 5th - DmC Devil May Cry: DE
November 6th - A Plague Tale: Innocence
November 29th - Super Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury
December 12th - The Callisto Protocol

I liked a fair amount of this, but it has some drawbacks that badly let it down. The biggest problem is movement. It’s painfully sluggish, and hampered by the strange contextual dodge and block actions. It’s a shame as fighting enemies can be a lot of fun. Strategically using the environment and positioning yourself smartly, listening for enemy movement. But it’s so trial and error in practice. I admire the game’s minimal UI and tactical combat, but just a little improvement here would go a long way - button presses for dodging/blocking, slightly faster movement, a quick turn, something!

It’s also a bit short and not much variety. I was enjoying myself until the last few hours, where monotony and some tedious boss fights kill the momentum. The game looks amazing throughout, gorgeously lit, wonderful snow, squelchy caves and detailed machinery. Every action feels weighty and satisfying, the dual sense is used really well. The bones of a great game are here, and when it works, it’s worth it.

If you're aware of the flaws and still curious, it’s worth a go. I’m curious to see what they do moving forward.
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

The scariest thing about The Callisto Protocol is its price. Games are normally $89.99 here in Canada, which is already way too much for games in an industry with aggressive monetization, but The Callisto Protocol has the single most expensive standard edition, with a price tag of $93.49.
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

Magical_Isopod wrote: December 13th, 2022, 2:49 am The scariest thing about The Callisto Protocol is its price. Games are normally $89.99 here in Canada, which is already way too much for games in an industry with aggressive monetization, but The Callisto Protocol has the single most expensive standard edition, with a price tag of $93.49.
That's really weird as here in the UK it's technically a budget release at £50 RRP. That's not just a good deal I found either, that's the standard price. Even the digital edition on the PS Store is £54.99
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

Truk_Kurt wrote: December 13th, 2022, 9:15 am
That's really weird as here in the UK it's technically a budget release at £50 RRP. That's not just a good deal I found either, that's the standard price. Even the digital edition on the PS Store is £54.99
That's quite bizarre. I've noticed when buying online, new/sealed games imported from the UK are very inexpensive. Like this year I imported a really badass steel book version of Control that was only available in Scandinavia for like $23 shipped. Terminator: Resistance was $30 when published by Reef, but $80 when published here by Limited Run Games.

I don't know if the average Briton has less expendable income than the average Canadian or something, but I have absolutely noticed that PAL copies are much fairer priced.
markfm007

Post by markfm007 »

Magical_Isopod wrote: December 13th, 2022, 2:55 pm
Truk_Kurt wrote: December 13th, 2022, 9:15 am
That's quite bizarre. I've noticed when buying online, new/sealed games imported from the UK are very inexpensive. Like this year I imported a really badass steel book version of Control that was only available in Scandinavia for like $23 shipped. Terminator: Resistance was $30 when published by Reef, but $80 when published here by Limited Run Games.

I don't know if the average Briton has less expendable income than the average Canadian or something, but I have absolutely noticed that PAL copies are much fairer priced.
That's right, I bought it for £50. Probably more than it's worth but there you are. Generally new releases seem to be somewhere between £40-60 in my experience. I got Elden Ring for £45. Digitally you'll see £70 at the top end.
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

The only games I really see at £70 RRP are Sony first party games, EA games and Ubisoft games.