Gaming predictions 2023

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

Gaming predictions 2023

Post by Alex79 »

Mostly inspired by this week's episode of the TCGS podcast, I thought it might be good to post three gaming predictions for 2023 and then see who was right at the end of the year.

We won't debate them like on the podcast, and they can be as vague or specific as you like, but have a go!

My gaming predictions for 2023

1. Nintendo will finally announce GBA games coming to the Switch Online service. They may or may not come out this year, but they'll be announced.

2. By the end of the year, the Super Mario Bros. movie will hold a critics approval rating of higher than 85% on Rotten Tomatoes.

3. From Software will announce they are beginning work on a sequel to Bloodborne.

So there are mine, post yours!
Truk_Kurt

Re: Gaming predictions 2023

Post by Truk_Kurt »

My Gaming Predictions

1. Valve will announce a new Half Life project.

2. Hollow Knight still won't come out this year.

3. A Bloodbourne sequel will be revealed but not made by FromSoftware.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

PS5 Bloodborne remake by BluePoint announced.
Rhaegyr

Post by Rhaegyr »

1. First footage of Metroid Prime 4 shown.

2. Return of Metal Gear Solid (announcing either a remake of MGS or MGS6).

3. Game Pass subscription increases in cost.

Hope you're all right about more Bloodborne!
markfm007

Post by markfm007 »

I'm guessing a Bloodborne remaster/remake is more likely than a sequel. My honest prediction would be nothing, but I'd love to be wrong.

Predictions
1) Resident Evil 4 remake is a GOTY nominee.
2) Hogwarts Legacy gets middling reviews but sells very well.
3) Elden Ring DLC comes out and is gigantic.
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

1. Nintendo releases basically nothing in 2023 while banking on Zelda alone. Also, they still do not patch the long list of 2022 releases pushed out the door before they were completed (including Pokemon Arceus and Scarlet/Violet)

2. Sony continues to coast on the success of the PS5, and continues its tread of releasing maybe 3 games a year, all of which are thematically similar are targeted at the same 35-50 year old white male demographic. They announce another price increase and continue to add nothing substantial to PS+ premium plans.

3. Microsoft finally announces some games from all the studios they bought, to mixed results. Some will be hype, some will be ignored, and at least one will be a series reboot everyone on Twitter hates until it releases to a solid 88 on Metacritic.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I've got one more:

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom will release to average user reviews, with performance and "more of the same" being the main criticisms.
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

Magical_Isopod wrote: January 15th, 2023, 3:53 am3. Microsoft finally announces some games from all the studios they bought, to mixed results. Some will be hype, some will be ignored, and at least one will be a series reboot everyone on Twitter hates until it releases to a solid 88 on Metacritic.
Or else everyone on Twitter loves the series reboot until it releases to a solid 79 on Metacritic.

My predictions:

Final Fantasy 16 releases to good but unspectacular reviews (think 84-87 average) and there will be lots of wailing online that Square haven't made a good one since 10. This will only be made worse with FF7 Rebirth being delayed until 2024.

Nintendo announce the next Switch later this year with a 2024 release date and a 3D Mario trailer.

Microsoft will release a trailer for either Fable or Elder Scrolls 6 as a closer from a series of big reveals but won't commit to a release year as it will likely be 2025 for either.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Truk_Kurt wrote: January 11th, 2023, 2:39 pm My Gaming Predictions

1. Valve will announce a new Half Life project.

2. Hollow Knight still won't come out this year.

3. A Bloodbourne sequel will be revealed but not made by FromSoftware.
I’m with you Kurt! I had a dream last night that bluepoint were doing a bloodborne sequel with Miyazaki and the Lovecraft estate consultancy.
See Mi Yah

Post by See Mi Yah »

1. Tears of the Kingdom will prove to be a fiercely divisive sequel to Breath of the Wild.

2. Half-Life: Alyx will be announced for PSVR2 with a 2024 release date.

3. Stalker 2: Shadow of Chernobyl will be delayed until Q2 2024.

So yeah, that's cynicism, hope and more cynicism. Glad to be of assistance.