The forum seems a little more lively these days

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

The forum seems a little more lively these days

Post by Alex79 »

I noticed over the last few weeks there seems to have been a little more activity on the forum than we've had for a while, which is great! Forums can only survive when new people come in as old people drift away. There was a point last year where there hadn't been any posts at all for a few days, and I was worried about the future of the place - use it or lose it I suppose? But anyway, glad to see things picking up again. I'd be really disappointed if this placed closed down. I know we've got Twitter etc. and a lot of people use Discord these days, but I really can't get in to that, so for purely selfish reasons I hope this place keeps going! It's really the only place I talk about games outside of Twitter. Not many of my real life friends play games, and talk about them even less, so this forum is a really important part of my gaming world.

Welcome to any new folk - tell your friends!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: The forum seems a little more lively these days

Post by ratsoalbion »

Glad you feel that way, Alex.

Obviously we rely on our regular, engaged users such as yourself.

We absolutely need to continue with this place as it's the the only environment that works for long form feedback to include in the show.

A number of Patreon users requested that we post on there asking for podcast contributions but they seem to have died off a little too, after an initial flurry (and despite the number of Patreon users remaining steady).
Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod »

I really value this forum for posting my long-form (and much more nuanced) gaming opinions versus Discord and Twitter. It's helped my develop a narrative voice, especially in how I share things with other people.

While I do wish it were more busy, and consistently so, I do most certainly appreciate that we don't have unhinged children calling each other crass names over differences in opinion!
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

Thanks for the work on the forum guys. I kinda just drifted away at points last year but still like reading everyone's thoughts and posting on here.
Caligulas Horse

Post by Caligulas Horse »

Me too! This is an especially pleasant and relaxed corner of the internet.
RinseWashRepeat

Post by RinseWashRepeat »

Well I must admit that I hadn't visited much the forum last year or so. Just had a baby boy, so gaming time and free time as a whole went right out the window.

Pleased to see this forum is still chugging along and the podcasts are just as great as ever. Hoping I'll be able to contribute to the Patreon too. :)
Cornelius_Smiff

Post by Cornelius_Smiff »

I dip in and out with regards to posting, like I will go on a hyperfocus to post lots and then go several weeks without so much as a peep. But I do always check in on the comments at least once every few days.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

As I'm taking a step back from podcasting due to parental responsibilities and being absolutely knackered doing it, I will be posting more on here in general. Glad the forum is still a nice cosy place to chat.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

I’ve not been on here for a while but like catching up on what everyone’s been up to when I get th chance. Gutted I missed out on the Christmas quiz Alex. I’m going to win the next one (if Colin doesn’t beat me to it)
See Mi Yah

Post by See Mi Yah »

I'm a medium-term listener of the podcast but I rarely contribute on here and consequently don't feel quite part of the community. But I do snoop around a couple of times a week and really value all of what's written and of course the advice I've been given and kindness I've been shown over the past couple of years.

I realise it's all about Discord and Reddit and whatnot these days but I still like good old forums, especially one like this that is specifically community driven with all of the goodwill that that entails. So well done on continuing to fight the good fight and brace yourselves for some of my lightweight remarks because I'm going to endeavour to become more involved.
Will Marley

Post by Will Marley »

See Mi Yah wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 8:42 pm I'm a medium-term listener of the podcast but I rarely contribute on here and consequently don't feel quite part of the community. But I do snoop around a couple of times a week and really value all of what's written and of course the advice I've been given and kindness I've been shown over the past couple of years.

I realise it's all about Discord and Reddit and whatnot these days but I still like good old forums, especially one like this that is specifically community driven with all of the goodwill that that entails. So well done on continuing to fight the good fight and brace yourselves for some of my lightweight remarks because I'm going to endeavour to become more involved.
For what it's worth, I always enjoy your contributions on here and feel on a similar page. Also, it always cheers me to see the Rhythm & Sound reference :)
See Mi Yah

Post by See Mi Yah »

Will Marley wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 9:09 pm
See Mi Yah wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 8:42 pm I'm a medium-term listener of the podcast but I rarely contribute on here and consequently don't feel quite part of the community. But I do snoop around a couple of times a week and really value all of what's written and of course the advice I've been given and kindness I've been shown over the past couple of years.

For what it's worth, I always enjoy your contributions on here and feel on a similar page. Also, it always cheers me to see the Rhythm & Sound reference :)
Ha! Yes, I do remember you recognising my username. I thought I was being all cool and cryptic and you spotted it straight away. :lol:

Edit: Sorry, that was somebody else. There's a lot of R&S fans on here. :D
raisinbman

Post by raisinbman »

How fortunate this post popped up, long story short I'll be more active again. I've definitely been playing games, listening to C&R, just haven't had time to post anything between a ridiculous job and being in an edible-laden high 9 times out of 10.