For no reason whatsoever here's a list of the Switch SNES games and how long I've played them...

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

For no reason whatsoever here's a list of the Switch SNES games and how long I've played them...

Post by Alex79 »

The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past - 20h 38m
Super Metroid - 17h 8m
Mario's Super Picross - 10h 14m
Yoshi's Island - 5h 19m
Super Mario World - 4h 56m
Super Mario Kart - 4h 8m
Panel de Pon - 2h 48m
Donkey Kong Country - 2h 3m
Super Punch Out - 1h 15m
Pilotwings - 1h 13m
Super Valis IV - 57m
Super Soccer - 39m
Brawl Brothers - 29m
Wild Guns - 26m
Donkey Kong Country 3 - 23m
Super Puyo Puyo 2 - 21m
F-Zero - 20m
Pop'n TwinBee - 17m
Smash Tennis - 16m
Star Fox - 14m
Kirby Super Star - 12m
Super Mario All-Stars - 12m
Stunt Race FX - 11m
Joe & Mac 2 - 10m
Kirby's Dream Land 3 - 9m
Kirby's Dream Course - 9m
Natsume Championship Wrestling - 8m
Operation Logic Bomb - 7m
Earth Defence Force - 6m
The Peace Keepers - 6m
Doomsday Warrior - 6m
Demon's Crest - 6m
Donkey Kong Country 2 - 5m
Super Tennis - 4m
Spanky's Quest - 4m
Psycho Dream - 4m
The Ignition Factor - 4m
Magical Drop 2 - 3m
Earthworm Jim 2 - 3m
Super Baseball Simulator 2000 - 2m
Super Ghouls'n Ghosts - 2m
Tuff E Nuff - 2m
Claymates - 2m
Prehistorik Man - 2m
Bombuzal - 1m
Fighter's History - 1m
Star Fox 2 - 1m
Any other games not mentioned - 0m

So, erm, maybe there's a point to this thread I guess... Are there any hidden gems on the service you've been playing? Anything that deserves more attention? For me the surprise was Mario Picross - didn't realise I'd put over 10 hours in to it until I checked!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: For no reason whatsoever here's a list of the Switch SNES games and how long I've played them...

Post by ratsoalbion »

Er, how do you look these up?

I heartily recommend playing some more Demon's Crest, for one, by the way.
Alex79

Re: For no reason whatsoever here's a list of the Switch SNES games and how long I've played them...

Post by Alex79 »

ratsoalbion wrote: January 30th, 2023, 11:17 am Er, how do you look these up?

I heartily recommend playing some more Demon's Crest, for one, by the way.
Just press X on the game title card!

Yeah Demons Crest is one I mean to go back to.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I'll take a look!
Tleprie

Post by Tleprie »

Mario Picross is great! I just checked and I have 42 hours in it. It was my game for a while to decompress and listen to podcasts to. Looks like I left it at the start of level 10 for Mario and level 9 for Wario. Might have to jump back in sometime soon and see if I can finish it off.

I put a lot of time into Super Mario Kart a few years ago on my Super Nintendo, getting gold in every 150 cup, and solidifying it in my mind as a top 3 Mario Kart (alongside 8 and DS)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Tleprie wrote: January 31st, 2023, 2:00 am Mario Picross is great! I just checked and I have 42 hours in it. It was my game for a while to decompress and listen to podcasts to. Looks like I left it at the start of level 10 for Mario and level 9 for Wario. Might have to jump back in sometime soon and see if I can finish it off.
Ha, yeah it's a massive game! I thought I'd finished the Mario stages when I cleared set 7, then three more sets popped up!
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

I'm currently playing A Link to the Past on there. I'm finding it ok but has got a lot of frustrations for me, I Iike the dungeons but the combat is frustrating and I hate how when you die at a boss or anywhere in the dungeon it puts you back to the start of the dungeon rather outside the boss room. I've just got to the point of going to save Zelda in the castle after you get the Master Sword and died at the boss in the castle which puts you to the castle entrance which was incredibly annoying. If it is 20 hours long I might give up with it now.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

You could save state outside of boss rooms?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Plus there's the rewind feature there to be used if you want it.
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

ratsoalbion wrote: January 31st, 2023, 9:22 am You could save state outside of boss rooms?
That's a very good point. I had forgotten about that feature of Switch online!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It's really quick, too.
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

Cool. I didn't know that this was a feature. I've played 3 games for more than hour.

Super Metroid (11h 49m) which I forgot I played most of.
Super Puyo Puyo 2 (7h 25m). Always enjoy some puyos.
F-Zero (2h 13m) Practicing for Ben's monthly patreon challenge last year. Though he wanted the JP rom so I was using an emulator for proper challenge runs.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Might I suggest playing DKC2 a bit more. It's genuinely a classic and I'm not just saying that because I'm in the GBA port credit's 🤣
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

dezm0nd wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 6:34 am Might I suggest playing DKC2 a bit more. It's genuinely a classic and I'm not just saying that because I'm in the GBA port credit's 🤣
Haha Dez that’s exactly why you’re saying it🤣