631: Power Stone

This is where you'll find threads specific to the games we'll be covering in our current volume of podcasts
JaySevenZero
Admin

631: Power Stone

Post by JaySevenZero »

Here's where you can contribute your thoughts and opinions for Power Stone for potential inclusion in the forthcoming podcast.

A friendly reminder that where the feedback for the podcast is concerned, we love it - but keeping it brief is appreciated. We do want to include a breadth of opinions where appropriate, but no-one wants a discussion podcast that’s mostly reading out essays. Better to save yourself time and cut to the chase if you can.
DaMonth

Re: 631: Power Stone

Post by DaMonth »

I would actually have a heart attack if a third game was ever announced, but Capcom would never so I'm glad to be guaranteed such a long fulfilling life. A fun little party fighter from the times where you didn't think too hard about how half the cast was packed with borderline-uncomfortable stereotypes, including legally-distinct Goku. The sound clip "OH NO" has never left my head.

Shoutout to the Power Stone anime, if anyone actually bothered to watch through that.
Wesali1996

Post by Wesali1996 »

I was surprised to see Power Stone on the podcast list, as it seems to be one of those games no-one I know has ever heard of. My brothers and I were playing this constantly on the Dreamcast (usually the console was placed upside down as it had a bad habit of not reading the discs). To this day I remember every character as well as both of their special attacks. It goes to show how unique the characters were, Wang Tang was the favourite followed closely by Ryoma. My strongest memory of the game is booting it up one day and seeing the Valgas monster form on the character selection screen.. I could not believe my eyes. An amazing game and I think a reboot could be very successful.
Rhaegyr

Post by Rhaegyr »

Scandalous comments from Leon regarding Power Stone 2.