Okami (HD) & Okamiden

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ratsoalbion
Admin

Okami (HD) & Okamiden

Post by ratsoalbion »

The HD version is released on PSN next Tuesday in the US!

In the meantime, will somebody please acquire me one of these stunning Okami sakura globes please! :mrgreen:
Dr Mcfluffin

Re: Okami (HD) & Okamiden

Post by Dr Mcfluffin »

I've heard a lot about Okami...but it was part of the generation I missed, so am looking forward to catching up on it. I know the game has a nice art style, but is it just that, or is it mechanical good as well?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I bought it for the Wii and found the 'Navi' character far too annoying so sold it on eBay for a nice profit. I think it caught me at a grumpy time!.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Dr Mcfluffin wrote:I've heard a lot about Okami...but it was part of the generation I missed, so am looking forward to catching up on it. I know the game has a nice art style, but is it just that, or is it mechanical good as well?
Let's put it this way, it's the best Zelda game that Nintendo didn't make.
PapaBlingo

Post by PapaBlingo »

ratsoalbion wrote: Let's put it this way, it's the best Zelda game that Nintendo didn't make.
I'd say its the best Zelda game, period. I loved it the first time through, and I cant wait for the chance to play again.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

PapaBlingo wrote:
ratsoalbion wrote: Let's put it this way, it's the best Zelda game that Nintendo didn't make.
I'd say its the best Zelda game, period. I loved it the first time through, and I cant wait for the chance to play again.
I think the first one's more accurate.

Okami was one that I saw on shelves, skipped over (probably because I couldn't afford it), then when I went back a week later to buy it, it was gone; and there was absolutely no shop in town that had a copy of it at all. Then they all suddenly reappeared the day after I bought a copy on eBay.
link6616

Post by link6616 »

I am prepared to buy this a 3rd time, hopefully this will be the copy I finish.
LaikaMuttnik

Post by LaikaMuttnik »

ratsoalbion wrote:The HD version is released on PSN next Tuesday in the US!

In the meantime, will somebody please acquire me one of these stunning Okami sakura globes please! :mrgreen:
Lucky people in Japan to always have nice merchandise that we can't have here in UK (though they seem quite pricey)! :mrgreen:
http://www.e-capcom.com/ec/srDispCatego ... 0000/0/2/1

Very much enjoyed Okamiden on DS too. For Okami, Jay and I thought the original PS2 version we got was enough for now, but now I'm finding the HD version pretty tempting... :)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Chibiterasu mug!
Dr Mcfluffin

Post by Dr Mcfluffin »

I think every year come 'Western release season', I end up turning to more interesting games to get away from the CODs and Assassins Creed 3s. This year its Yakuza, and I plan to play Tokyo Jungle, Retro City Rampage, Unfinished Swan, and Okami on pay day. That's not to say I don't appreciate the blockbuster games, but I am looking forward to this kind of thing much more. This sounds up my street...

Have they shinied it up much do you know?
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

Yay, we're actually getting it in Europe tomorrow as well. Missed this first time round as I'd sold my PS2 by then so can't wait to finally play it.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Get in! Fantastic news :D
Craymen Edge

Post by Craymen Edge »

Okami was lovely. I enjoyed it so much at the time and I'd probably count it as one of my favourite PS2 games, but it was perhaps a little too long. I don't think I could play it all over again.

If you haven't played it though, I'd say it's definitely worth a try.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It's up on the European store now (of course you have to search for it because the new look shop front is so FUCKING APPALLING :evil: )
6.2GB/£15.99 (no offers).

Edit: Looks INCREDIBLE.
:D
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yeah the new store is truly fucking abysmal. I clicked the "what's new" link, and instead of the clearly organized content, I was treated to a bombardment of utter bollocks. "Buy Need For Speed at £60!" Really, when I've got it for £35 from ShopTo? Fuck right off Sony.

Anyway, I've never really got round to Okami, if it wasn't a (understandably) huge download I'd get it right now. Once I have a proper frigging connection though, this will definitely be a high priority download. Kudos to Capcom for releasing it here. Nearly makes up for Resi 6 ;)
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

AndyKurosaki wrote:"Buy Need For Speed at £60!" Really, when I've got it for £35 from ShopTo? Fuck right off Sony
To be fair those Dickish pricings on PSN are not down to Sony, but the publishers. Most first party Sony games are fairly well priced on PSN. I do wish that Sony would not even bother putting them on their though, as they're a complete joke.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

A nice piece about the 'HD-ifying' process from Capcom: http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/bl ... ation-love
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Think I'll grab this in a sale or keep my fingers crossed for a hefty PS+ discount at some point. I paid full price on PS2 and Wii and ended up selling both unplayed on eBay. Third time lucky!?
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

ratsoalbion wrote:A nice piece about the 'HD-ifying' process from Capcom: http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/bl ... ation-love
"As in the example above, the original image is blown up via a multitude of different algorithms, producing a impression of statistical data about the silhouette of the image. This statistical impression allows them to then procedurally produce a high-quality approximation of the original image in beautiful HD."

That's insane!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I don't know what it means but it works really well!