PlanetSide 2

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Roy42

PlanetSide 2

Post by Roy42 »

Anyone else given it a go? Free to play on Steam, so not much stopping you, I'd assume.

Game's absolutely MASSIVE. I love it. The only thing that could hurt it, I think, is if it has a major drop-off of active servers and players in the next couple of months if/when people find something new to toy around with.
dezm0nd

Re: PlanetSide 2

Post by dezm0nd »

Been tinkering with it when my mate is online. Really enjoying it despite a few issues I have. I can see why the first game was heralded as a landmark for gaming.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

I downloaded this over the weekend. I really like the sci-fi feel.

Would be good to get a squad together if people are still playing? Or if you're curious get it downloaded and post :)

It certainly feels like it would be at its best with others.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

I played for a little while with a group of guys I know on the weekend, and it is incredibly fun to gather up in a ship and fly into a hot zone, doing our best to eff ess up for the other team, as it were.

If we make an outfit (clan) for Cane and Rinse, we'd need to agree upon a faction, to start with.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

True, I presume there a couple of character slots without paying?

I played the faction that embrace alien technology, but I'm sure they're all quite similar really.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

They are similar, though not identical in aesthetic or gameplay specifics. Certain guns and vehicles are different.

But I picked the blue faction for the simple reason that they read remarkably close to the browncoats, and I would take that over the Alliance or religious nuts.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Time to dust off this thread I reckon.

Right then, who's been playing this?

I've played a couple of hours so far as The Terran Republic and I'm quite enjoying it for what it is.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

I'm waiting for the servers to settle before jumping in, but I'm keen to give this a go.
looks like a lot of fun!
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

RoboticMonk3y wrote:I'm waiting for the servers to settle before jumping in, but I'm keen to give this a go.
looks like a lot of fun!
The servers seem fine, the only thing is that (and I'm guessing this might be dependent on which server and faction you choose) but there's often a queue and you have to wait a few minutes until you get into the game. It also looks like you'll have to hit level 15 before you can organise a squad together.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Didnt play it yet for a couple of reasons, didnt know which faction we were opting for & the Euro Planetside 2 servers were were down for nearly 48 hours after launch. But i'll be joining up tonight or over the weekend for sure.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Tried to sign on before several times, all I got was 'server unavailable' sadly.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

So I set myself up with a Terran character.
I wasn't sure which of the servers to select, so I made 2 accounts, one for each of the busy EU servers.

I spent a good hour running about, not really too sure what I was doing, I found myself running to a waypoint some 1000m away, then being shot from somewhere.
After a while I worked out how to spawn closer to the fight, I also managed to upgrade my weapon, and I found out that there are different classes.
It's odd, the training area, seems like a way of having a bit of a soft start to the game, but the tutorial aspect I felt a little lacking. I think I might see if I can find a web page with a good primer on where to start, I'll drop it in here if I do.

I'm up to level 6, so pushing my way on up to 15.
The game, much like battlefield, seems like if you can get yourself a small group of organised people, you can probably steamroller yourselves across the map! Especially if you can juggle a medic, engineer and a heavy.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

I've been playing more this, got myself up to level 7, then restarted to try and join McFluffin on a different server.
I've been trying to use different classes now, and I've been flipping between the medic and the engineer.
I also had a go in a tank.

Is anyone else on here still playing on the ps4 and what server are they on?
Pilgr1m

Post by Pilgr1m »

Playing on the Ceres server, currently level 11 New Conglomerate faction. Cress is the same faction, not sure which server? I believe you have to be level 10 before being able to form a squad.
Cress1968

Re: RE: Re: PlanetSide 2

Post by Cress1968 »

Pilgr1m wrote:Playing on the Ceres server, currently level 11 New Conglomerate faction. Cress is the same faction, not sure which server? I believe you have to be level 10 before being able to form a squad.
I've no idea what server I'm on... Can you squad up if you're on diff servers? ... Id say what rank I am but pilgrim has only just started talking to me again after I discovered treats on elder scrolls he hasn't got....
I'm all for rolling a new character on same server as rest of you if it means we can all roll together?
Pilgr1m

Post by Pilgr1m »

This is exactly the reason you got banned from this forum!
Cress1968

Re: RE: Re: PlanetSide 2

Post by Cress1968 »

Pilgr1m wrote:This is exactly the reason you got banned from this forum!
:o