Humble THQ Bundle

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
James

Humble THQ Bundle

Post by James »

Anyone not yet aware of it should take a look at the Humble THQ Bundle (http://www.humblebundle.com/).

There are several excellent games are in the core bundle, and Saints Row: The Third is the bonus game if you pay above average for the bundle. Soundtracks for some of the games are also included. The Humble Bundles are always a good way to help charity, get some great games for a song and, in this case, give some money to THQ (who pretty badly need it).
Guy_JD

Re: Humble THQ Bundle

Post by Guy_JD »

bought, only really wanted Saints Row but it's for charity and THQ too who are not on my hitlist of publishers who screw over the consumers so it's all good
Ergo Me Smart

Post by Ergo Me Smart »

Annoyingly, I only bought three of those games in the Autumn Steam sale last week, but I still plan on buying it for the soundtracks and to give some money to charity at the same time.

Even if you don't own one of those games, it's still an amazing deal.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I think this is a pretty good idea. Although I'm not really interested in getting it myself for various reasons, it's a great deal for some excellent games and a good way to give THQ a much needed cash injection. Some people have complained since it's not an indie bundle, but it never pretended to be. It's a completely inconsequential point too. Sometimes people really do go out of their way to find something to be angry about.

But I implore those who are getting it to give at least the majority to THQ. They really need it right now, and it will go towards something that actually affects you. If THQ go out of business then you we will have lost one of the very few publishers out there who really care about making great games for gamers. You don't automatically have to give to charity just because it's charity. There are other good causes. One could argue giving to THQ is charity in a sense anyway.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Brilliant deal. I wish they did similar bundles on the XB marketplace or PSN.
countstex

Post by countstex »

Very tempted by this, even if I have Company for Heroes, do you get Steam codes for them all?
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

One code for everything you would get at any level of donation, another one for Saints Row.
countstex

Post by countstex »

Bought. If it keeps THQ going long nought to make CoH 2 it will be well worth it.
FollowMyRuin

Post by FollowMyRuin »

Sad day for the industry with THQ filing for bankruptcy today.

I can't say I ever obsessed over any of the titles, the bundle too didn't enthuse me much either as none of the games felt like much of a tour de force first time playing them. But for sure the industry in general is going to be hamstrung, and no doubt the competition in the marketplace subsequently. Boo Hoo.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I only associate them with average games but this has made me sad. Another company going means that the big companies get bigger and can get away with more :(
Craymen Edge

Post by Craymen Edge »

DomsBeard wrote:I only associate them with average games but this has made me sad. Another company going means that the big companies get bigger and can get away with more :(
They had their fair share of licensed tat, but they published some great (or at least interesting) games in amongst all that:

Darksiders 1&2
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War 1&2
Saints Row: The Third
Stacking
Costume Quest
Metro 2033
Company Of Heroes
Deadly Creatures
Red Faction: Guerilla
de Blob
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Full Spectrum Warrior
Titan Quest
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy

It'd be a shame to see them go. Volition and Relic will probably find plenty of interest from other publishers, not sure about Vigil and any other internal studios.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Metro 2033 & Saints 3 are the only ones out of that list I've played and I enjoyed them both even if they had flaws.
countstex

Post by countstex »

Wonder who will pick up the Dawn of War licence, I do love those games so much!