Two Worlds 2

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Sean

Two Worlds 2

Post by Sean »

So, this is $5 right now on the US PSN, and, I could use an RPG. Played about a half-hour of the PS+ trial and it was kind of awful, but, seemed kind of interesting at the same time? I don't know, it's weird.

Anyway, has anyone played this? Is it worth $5 at the very least? Not sure whether to pull that trigger or not.
James

Re: Two Worlds 2

Post by James »

No idea I'm afraid, mate.

Obviously I didn't come on here to reply with a useless statement like that one though. I'd recommend speaking to Brad Gallaway on Twitter; I seem to remember he reviewed it for Game Critics and is sure to give you a decent idea of whether it's worth your time.

Apologies to anyone on here if I've just cheated you out of being the one to give Sean some sage words of advice... I'm sure he'll appreciate your input too. Go on, have your say. :)
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I've not played it myself, but I've looked in to it several times. It's caught my curiosity somewhat. From what I've heard it's mostly pretty terrible, but it has some unique charm. It's ugly and full of glitches and has awful voice acting, but it has an interesting magic system, original environments (there's a savannah area for example) and a cool way of handling classes and builds. You can create several different builds on a single profile and swap between them at the press of a button.

Even though the first game is probably the worst game I've ever played I would personally check out Two Worlds 2 at that price. Doesn't seem like there's much to lose to me. It's cheaper than a fast food meal after all. But even though there's some interesting stuff in the game the general consensus about the game is that it's really awful. I'd advise checking out reviews and stuff, especially the more non-mainstream places since the bigger sites don't tend to let games like this really sink in before reviewing them. Here's Angry Joe's review for example:

Seeing that again is actually making me want to go get the game myself...
mik

Post by mik »

I played it for 4-5 hours waiting for it not to get good, but to get competent. That never happened. I wouldn't play it if it ended up free on PS+.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Not played it, but the first game was one of the worst ive ever played.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I went to review it for the local paper here. I got to a quest which was bugged, consulted the walkthrough which came with the review copy and saw it was bugged. Couldn't complete the quest and therefore the game.

Go play Skyrim instead ;)