iOS and Android gaming

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: iOS and Android gaming

Post by ratsoalbion » June 14th, 2019, 4:07 pm

Ok I’ll take a look.

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk » June 14th, 2019, 4:21 pm

:lol:

ReprobateGamer

Post by ReprobateGamer » June 14th, 2019, 7:12 pm

Alex79uk wrote:
June 14th, 2019, 3:56 pm
Alex79uk wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 4:42 pm
Been playing a fantastic little game called Archero on my mobile telephone:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... by.archero

It's everything I love in a mobile game. Simple idea, simple controls, short game sessions. Basically it's a roguelike where you play an archer progressing through the dungeon one screen at a time. You can move with the control stick, and when you stand still you auto fire at the enemies. You can't fire whilst moving. Powerups and permanent upgraded galore, this really is hugely enjoyable. I'd urge anyone to give it ten minutes. It's free, you have nothing to lose!
Right. I'm not having this. Someone go and play this game right now. It's brilliant.

If I told you it was almost shmupy, would that sell it? Maybe even if I told you it got a little bullet hell the further you progress?

Hmm? Hmm?

Go. And. Play. This. Game!
Okays - I did go and download this after the first mention. If you had mentioned the shmup part of it, I probably would have not bothered. And it is a genuinely good game.

There are a couple of things I have issues with (the venus flytrap on legs with the homing bullets who can shoot you through obstacles where as you need to find an angle to get shots off; and the lvl 49 boss who shoots in many directions and also spawns enemies who also shoot in many directions and who your character seems to target for preference) but the crossover between shmup and rogue lite actually works well.

Whilst it has an online link, it's perfectly playable offline (you just lose a few extra tokens and the option to respawn) and there are a selection of weapons and perks to unlock (the glaive has been a quick favourite). The per game skills have hidden synergies - I discovered that combining the rear shot with wall bounce actually gives you an additional forward action if there is a wall behind you.

I'm not steady enough to properly get into bullet hell games - my brain always gets in the way but I'm having fun with this one

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk » June 15th, 2019, 7:02 am

Well you've got much further than me! I think my record is level 41 or something! Seems like there might be more after level 50, like a new chapter but not sure yet. Yeah that flytrap enemy is a little cheap. It's pretty fun though, glad you enjoyed it!