MAME Tournament?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
Alex79

MAME Tournament?

Post by Alex79 »

I've organised these before on my own forum, and wondered if there would be any interest on here? High score tournaments on classic games. I'm happy to organise it and host any files etc.

Anyone interested?

You can go down the route of recording runs either via video or input recordings, but to be honest I'd rather just play for fun and hope people played honestly and we just used screenshots of the high score table. If there's enough interest shall we give it a go?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: MAME Tournament?

Post by ratsoalbion »

Me me me me me me me me me me
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Let's do it.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Aw shit I got no chance of winning now. i think Roy is some sort of gaming savant. :D
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Lol. Well 42 views and only 2 replies tells me either there's not much interest or (as I'm suspecting) gamers are terribly lazy and the tournament will be a runaway success once it's up and running, haha.

Right, I will organise this at the weekend. I'll post a full guide for anyone unfamiliar with MAME, along with the first game and a list of instructions. I'm thinking if we run from Saturday to Saturday for each game. Usually it's been the winner of each round chose the next game so we'll see how it goes.

:D
Craymen Edge

Post by Craymen Edge »

Sounds like fun :)
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Alex79uk wrote:Lol. Well 42 views…
The fates already cast me as the winner! I'm probably not as good as I remember being the last time I played arcade games.
TomFum

Post by TomFum »

Im well up for this, sounds great
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

I need to install MAME, can I just do that on my gaming rig? What controller is best to try it with? I only have a 360 pad hooked up at the moment...
Donk

Post by Donk »

Sounds fun but probably won't have time to put up scores that aren't a joke. If I were to play along, should I just do this to install? I seem to remember giving it a go once with less then perfect results.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Don't worry I'll upload a zip file with everything in the right place, including the first game.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Just sorting this out now...
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Hey guys, if you don't visit the Community folder check out the MAME Tournament thread : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=483

One more day to get your Donkey Kong scores in. Think maybe we'll keep a league table so it's definitely worth getting a score entered even if it's not the top one.

:D