Destiny / The Taken King

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Destiny

Post by ratsoalbion »

Electric Crocosaurus

Post by Electric Crocosaurus »

Noooo. My emotions have come from the dark side of the moon :-(
hitmemr

Post by hitmemr »

I am totally over the moon with this game about an hour into the beta and its really pulling me in ! unexpected and quite brilliant
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

It's reminding me of a lot of games which all come together to make something great. I do wish the music was more bombastic, however.
chase210

Post by chase210 »

I had absolutely zero interest in this till I played the beta. Now I'm gonna be a day one purchaser, its mint.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

You had "absolutely zero interest" yet you got a code for and downloaded 12GB to play a Beta?!
;)
chase210

Post by chase210 »

......well it was a free code! and PS4 download speeds are so good.... *insert excuse here*
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

:D
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

There's a few games I've downloaded which I had little to zero interest in but I turned them into videos for the cane and rinse YouTube channel. theHunter and some simulator games.

Currently sat twiddling my thumbs for Sept 9th now. I really enjoy Destiny but don't want to commit more time into a beta which will undoubtedly get a character wipe by release date.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Well that's a little different when you have an ulterior motive. Anyway, I'm only gently teasing about the semantics of the commonly used "zero interest" figure of speech.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Electric Crocosaurus wrote:Can someone with access to the beta confirm whether or not they've taken out the 'Wizard from the moon' line? I'll be quite disappointed if it doesn't make its way in some form to the final release
Bungie are selling it in T-shirt form to immortalise the phrase!
chase210

Post by chase210 »

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

ratsoalbion wrote:Well that's a little different when you have an ulterior motive. Anyway, I'm only gently teasing about the semantics of the commonly used "zero interest" figure of speech.
I was just trying to sly in a plug for the youtube channel ;)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

It's every bit as brilliant as I expected from Bungie. Impressed with how everything has been done, from how codes were have out, the fact they gave an additional 2 codes for friends, how smooth the net code is, how it plays and how good it looks.

Sterling job Bungie. This is why you're the best.
Katieee120

Post by Katieee120 »

Any Cane & Rinse members got a spare BETA code for the ps3? For a friend of mine?
BasementShaxx

Post by BasementShaxx »

I already knew I was going to be picking Destiny up, but having played the beta for a couple of days I'm absolutely gagging for the full game now
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

Opinions on Destiny are a weird thing. I've been listening to a couple of podcasts this weekend and have heard some real negativity for the game, one notable example was Arthur Geis of Rebel FM who had choice things to say about the mechanics (an aspect I really like). At the same time I've heard Garnett Lee of Garnett on Games (and other podcasts) really singing the praises of the gameplay and the story though being a little sceptical of the competitive multiplayer aspect. Then out of people who I know, very few have any complaints whatsoever and this beta has persuaded them to put down the fifty notes for this game. Of course it's good that there are a division of opinions and my takaway at the moment is that it is almost entirely in favour of Destiny though.

Personally, at first I had problems with the game - I found the tutorial dull and the story/plot points way too convoluted. Now however, I am loving the co-op element, the enemy configurations, the difficulty element, the videogame sci-fi inspirations (not just movie) and the fact that this game is unapologetically a game by the makers of Halo but at the same time it is absolutely not Halo!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

The game definitely demands the player to take a little bit of time to explore the menus and its systems. I'm finding myself still gawking at the tech tree wondering why the bars are filling up and i've only just found the L1+R1 ability when you're supercharged!

I kinda like discovery like this in videogames so long as it doesn't interrupt the flow of the game. Luckily it doesn't, in Destiny.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

arry_g wrote:...one notable example was Arthur Geis...
'nuff said.