Whatcha Been Playing?

This is where you can deliberate anything relating to videogames - past, present and future.
Stanshall

Re: Whatcha Been Playing?

Post by Stanshall » September 13th, 2019, 7:51 pm

clippa wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 7:24 pm
Stanshall wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 3:47 pm
I inevitably missed aspects of the buggers picture and deeper context
Does the auto spelling correct on modern phones learn from users past behaviour? :lol:
I'm surprised it's not just a string of discordant filth, you fat thumbed deviant!
Speedruns til 4am and sleepwalk my way into work.

Magical_Isopod

Post by Magical_Isopod » September 14th, 2019, 1:53 am

clippa wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 7:24 pm
Stanshall wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 3:47 pm
I inevitably missed aspects of the buggers picture and deeper context
Does the auto spelling correct on modern phones learn from users past behaviour? :lol:
I'm surprised it's not just a string of discordant filth, you fat thumbed deviant!
Magical_Isopod wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 5:46 pm
(similar to UK Labour - Corbyn, not Blair)
I hope to god Corbyn gets in!
Alex79uk wrote:
September 12th, 2019, 11:26 am
Yeah, but I won't let my kids watch TV or play on tablets in bed, either. Haha.
Yeah, I used to get into bed with a tablet, staring into the light of a thousand suns, kidding myself that I was winding down. Ridiculous behaviour.
I have my grievances with Corbyn and UK politics in general - it all comes off as very posh to me, as a Canadian observer - but Corbyn did take the time to wish my party well at our last federal Convention in 2018, over live feed. I'd be lying if I said that didn't endear me to the guy a little bit. He also congratulated Jagmeet for being the first Sikh party leader in Canadian history (he's actually the first person of colour to be elected as party leader here). Was very impressed overall.

Stanshall

Post by Stanshall » September 14th, 2019, 9:34 am

Daemon X Machina is about two thirds of a really good game. The core gameplay of zipping around and unloading on big robots with your bazooka and assault rifle and sword is great fun, spectacular stuff.

The story and characters and voice acting (and constant, loathsome banter commentary during missions) are utterly abysmal. I honestly don't know how anyone could come up with this total shit and go home thinking 'job's a good un'.

Chopper

Post by Chopper » September 14th, 2019, 11:22 am

Haven't been playing much this week, but I'm finding Battle Brothers to be a bit overwhelming, in the same way as I found Darkest Dungeon to be overwhelming - too many people on your roster, too much gear and abilities to equip, too much 'meta' when reading up about tactics and strategy.

I'm just paralysed by all of it - at the moment I even need to clear out space in my inventory because I can't decide what to sell. I need to man up and get over it.

clippa

Post by clippa » September 14th, 2019, 4:24 pm

Ugh, I know what you mean, I like it when you've just got one guy. You feel like an unpaid babysitter when there's like 10 of the pricks.
I hovered over the buy button on darkest dungeons so many times, there's so much about it I would like, but I just kept hearing bad things about it being a right pain in the arse.

I don't mind simplified group combat like you get in kings bounty or curious expedition, but when you've got to level up and make decisions for every guy and go through 10 menus to use a potion, oh just fuck off.

Do you like roguelikes, chopper? You might just need a little break from all those big brain games. Give golden krone hotel a go, that's fab!
Stanshall wrote:
September 13th, 2019, 7:51 pm
Speedruns til 4am and sleepwalk my way into work.
Why'd you edit your post, what was wrong with it? I liked it. You're very suit and tie on here, it's freaking me out.
Relaaaax, have a hotdog!

Chopper

Post by Chopper » September 14th, 2019, 5:05 pm

I thought I liked Roguelikes but when I think about it, I haven't played that many. I will look into it ;)

Man, Darkest Dungeon is so good! I've played the first two hours about 8 times.

After that it gets really annoying. :D

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk » September 14th, 2019, 10:49 pm

I was looking through my PS4 download list earlier and came across a game called Rogue Aces. Never heard of it, but it must have been on PS+ at some point. Curious, I downloaded it. Its really fun! 2D side on plane game, not really a shmup because you have full 360 control of the plane, but it's like a cross between that Luftraisers (can't remember if that's the exact title) and an old Amiga game I used to like. You get missions like take out X amount of enemy planes, destroy a radio tower, sink a battleship etc, and you can land any time on the aircraft carrier to refuel and repair. It's quite cartoony, and the 'tally-ho' theme is a little annoying, but it's a really fun game and worth a look at least if you got it free at some point.

If you do try it, check the controls in the options, because the tutorial tells you next to nothing. I didn't even realise I had rockets till I went in the menus!

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » September 14th, 2019, 11:41 pm

Wings of Fury?